Windows 10: Dropped laptop, can't even access Safe Mode

Discus and support Dropped laptop, can't even access Safe Mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hi, i am stuck in a Windows 10 your pc doesn't start correctly > automatic repair > restart > your pc doesn't start correctly loop. i have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by raymobs, Aug 13, 2019.

1. raymobs Win User

Dropped laptop, can't even access Safe Mode

hi,

i am stuck in a Windows 10 your pc doesn't start correctly > automatic repair > restart > your pc doesn't start correctly loop. i have tried almost everything offered in the blue screen troubleshoot menu just to reach the log in screen. attempting to boot into Safe Mode would only lead to a restart again. i would like to know why this happens.

the cause was: my ASUS laptop was dropped from a desk, landing on it's bottom. it has it's lids closed and was running on impact. while it suffered no cracked screen nor dents, the screen went black and unresponsive, prompting me to hard restart it. it went to the BIOS screen before kicking into the loop.

wouldn't be surprised if it does suffer an internal physical damage, but can anyone convince me? I'd also like to know if there are any other methods i could try to start my laptop normally again.

thanks

ray

:)

raymobs, Aug 13, 2019

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Unable to access the operating system with Drop Box pop-up on Windows 10

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the operating system with Drop Box pop-up on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know when exactly you get the pop-up of Drop Box on your device?

I suggest you to boot the device to Safe mode with Networking from Windows Recovery Environment, disable the startup service for Drop box and check if helps.

Step 1: Steps to boot the device in Safe mode with Networking.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Step 2: Steps to disable Drop Box.

• Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc, under Startup
      tab, search for Drop Box.
    • Right click on it and click on Disable.

Step 3: Follow the below steps to
    place the computer in normal mode

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run
      command.
    • Type msconfig and press Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on
      Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 13, 2019
  4. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Dropped laptop, can't even access Safe Mode - Similar Threads - Dropped laptop can't

2. Can't access files in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access files in safe mode: My laptop had blue screen errors and then kept restarting. Im now running it in safe mode and want to move my Word files to my USB. After copy pasting only 3 word files, it is now giving an error. "Error 0x80070780: File can not be accessed by the system" What should i do?...
  3. Can't access files in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access files in safe mode: My laptop had blue screen errors and then kept restarting. Im now running it in safe mode and want to move my Word files to my USB. After copy pasting only 3 word files, it is now giving an error. "Error 0x80070780: File can not be accessed by the system" What should i do?...
  4. Infinite BSOD can't even go into safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Infinite BSOD can't even go into safe mode: I've been having issues with BSOD for a few months netwtw04.sys and no matter what I tried it wouldn't go away, but fine it restarted and things went fine until I turned it off again, but today after getting that BSOD, when it restarted it gave me some critical error BSOD and...
  5. Infinite BSOD can't even go into safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Infinite BSOD can't even go into safe mode: I've been having issues with BSOD for a few months netwtw04.sys and no matter what I tried it wouldn't go away, but fine it restarted and things went fine until I turned it off again, but today after getting that BSOD, when it restarted it gave me some critical error BSOD and...
  6. Infinite BSOD can't even go into safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Can't access safe mode with my password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't access safe mode with my password: I have even changed my password and it still will not accept my password. I do not remember my old password please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-safe-mode-with-my-password/89146625-74b3-470e-92fc-f1df9df65acb
  8. Can't access to safe mode through reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't access to safe mode through reboot: Hello i can't start my laptot Acer Spire Nitro as he stopped reconizing the mouse and keyboard both integrated and external after the launch, so i can even go further then the PIN screen. I tried to reboot it into safe mode to check the drivers, but when i launch it in...
  9. Not even safe mode works

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not even safe mode works: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/dranedagger4 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hl2ju6/not_even_safe_mode_works/
  10. Black screen and can't access safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen and can't access safe mode: Hey guys, I've been black screening before signing in and was hoping you guys could help me out. I've tried accessing safe mode but it still just black screens. Thanks in advance....