Windows 10: Dropped laptop, can't even access Safe Mode

Discus and support Dropped laptop, can't even access Safe Mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hi, i am stuck in a Windows 10 your pc doesn't start correctly > automatic repair > restart > your pc doesn't start correctly loop. i have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by raymobs, Aug 13, 2019.

1. raymobs Win User

Dropped laptop, can't even access Safe Mode

hi,

i am stuck in a Windows 10 your pc doesn't start correctly > automatic repair > restart > your pc doesn't start correctly loop. i have tried almost everything offered in the blue screen troubleshoot menu just to reach the log in screen. attempting to boot into Safe Mode would only lead to a restart again. i would like to know why this happens.

the cause was: my ASUS laptop was dropped from a desk, landing on it's bottom. it has it's lids closed and was running on impact. while it suffered no cracked screen nor dents, the screen went black and unresponsive, prompting me to hard restart it. it went to the BIOS screen before kicking into the loop.

wouldn't be surprised if it does suffer an internal physical damage, but can anyone convince me? I'd also like to know if there are any other methods i could try to start my laptop normally again.

thanks

ray

:)

raymobs, Aug 13, 2019

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Unable to access the operating system with Drop Box pop-up on Windows 10

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the operating system with Drop Box pop-up on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know when exactly you get the pop-up of Drop Box on your device?

I suggest you to boot the device to Safe mode with Networking from Windows Recovery Environment, disable the startup service for Drop box and check if helps.

Step 1: Steps to boot the device in Safe mode with Networking.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Step 2: Steps to disable Drop Box.

• Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc, under Startup
      tab, search for Drop Box.
    • Right click on it and click on Disable.

Step 3: Follow the below steps to
    place the computer in normal mode

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run
      command.
    • Type msconfig and press Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on
      Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 13, 2019
  4. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Dropped laptop, can't even access Safe Mode - Similar Threads - Dropped laptop can't

2. Can't enter safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't enter safe mode: I have gone through previous postings and while the answer seems close to what I need to, they solution does not work. First of all, I am frustrated by constantly being told my password is bad - yet here I am - finally - bad password and all. What's up with that? Now to...
  3. Access denied error for a file even in safe mode - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access denied error for a file even in safe mode - Windows 10: OK, I have done my homework or research or whatever you want to call it and I cannot find an answer to my problem. I am currently running in safe mode with networking, and I stll cannot access a file which shows my account as the owner of the file. I was already the owner...
  4. Preventing Access to Safe Mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Preventing Access to Safe Mode: Problem: K9 Web Protection software is disabled when loading in Safe Mode, allowing unfettered access to the internet in Safe Mode. Tried: Installing K9 both normally, and in Safe Mode (appeared that future loading in Safe Mode removed the k9 installation). Manually added...
  5. Can't get into Safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't get into Safe mode: If I use msconfig at the boot tab, I cannot set any options to get into safe mode. Also, if I use the Shift / Restart option I do not get the Advanced menu to select more options and Restart. The only option under Advanced this way is uefi settings. Thanks. 116929
  6. Can't boot, not even in safe mode due to INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't boot, not even in safe mode due to INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE: I'm having an issue with a SSD which I put into a different laptop, and now whenever I try to boot I get a INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE BSOD, even in safe mode. The following is what has happened so far. I just purchased a laptop to replace my main laptop, and I removed the...
  7. Can't exit safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't exit safe mode: Hi everyone I'm having problems with my graphics card and had to go to Safe Mode according to a tutorial. Now I can't exit. I've read dozens of threads about it, but when I open system config, or msconfig, the safe boot box is already unchecked. I restart it from the...
  8. can't stop safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    can't stop safe mode: My neighbors laptop was running bad and I went to msconfig and selected safe boot and restarted into safe mode. Now the computer is in safe mode but I can no longer access msconfig. I don't know another way into safe mode to turn it off without msconfig, so how do I get into...
  9. Unable to boot into windows (even to safe mode)

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to boot into windows (even to safe mode): Hi all, As the title describes. Attempted to turn on the computer about 1 week ago and it go stuck at the loading screen where the dots are circling. After leaving it for few hours, no change. I've removed unnecessary usb devices and disconnected other HDDs (leaving only...
  10. Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...: Good Evening, I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were...