Windows 10: Dropping connection to router (both wireless and cable)

Discus and support Dropping connection to router (both wireless and cable) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, when trying to transfer files via network (both wireless and wired) from home NAS (connected directly to router) to laptop, connection drops every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by argonisius, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Dropping connection to router (both wireless and cable)

Hi,
    when trying to transfer files via network (both wireless and wired) from home NAS (connected directly to router) to laptop, connection drops every couple of minutes. My configuration is:

laptop: HP Envy 13-d006nc
    system: Windows 10 Home 64bit
    ethernet adapter: i-tec USB 3.0 Slim Metal Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
    router: Cisco EPC3925

Thank you for any help.

:)

argonisius, Jan 9, 2016

2. Windows 10 media creation tool download turns off internet connection in mid download

I succeeded in resolving this issue by connecting to my router with ethernet cable. The wireless was not even a factor and I was able to download the tools for both the 64gb and the 32gb version.

Grimmbro5525, Jan 9, 2016
  3. mmitchco Win User
    Connectivity

Thanks for considering my quandary... If I am using an Ethernet cable from the laptop to the Router, would the wireless driver in my laptop still impact my connectivity if I'm not using the wireless receiver to reach the internet?

This is a home office accessing the internet using the Comcast supplied Modem with a brand new Linksys AC1200+ Router that I'm connecting to via Ethernet cable trying to reach a remote desktop session that keeps dropping. Today, 29 General Failure errors
    in 3 hours and 42 minutes according to the ping log I ran.

Mark

mmitchco, Jan 9, 2016
Thema:

Dropping connection to router (both wireless and cable)

1. Dropping connection to router (both wireless and cable) - Similar Threads - Dropping connection router

2. Router connect with windows eleven with cable network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Router connect with windows eleven with cable network: I have a new ASUS router and I have cable internet. andI cannot get windows eleven to find my router.What do I need to do to get it installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/router-connect-with-windows-eleven-with-cable/34805715-2603-4cc7-bdb9-9c106a21d5bd
  3. Router connect with windows eleven with cable network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Router connect with windows eleven with cable network: I have a new ASUS router and I have cable internet. andI cannot get windows eleven to find my router.What do I need to do to get it installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/router-connect-with-windows-eleven-with-cable/34805715-2603-4cc7-bdb9-9c106a21d5bd
  4. Cable Modem/router + Personal router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cable Modem/router + Personal router: My cable company provides a box that is a modem & router. I also use my own router attached to the cable modem. I have done nothing to the cable box except attach a cable from my router to it. Do I need to "Bridge" the cable router or can I use the WiFi from it along with the...
  5. Can't connect with wireless router

Can't connect with wireless router: From one of my Windows 10 PC's I'm not able to connect anymore with my wireless router which connect with the Internet. Until a few hours ago this connection worked just fine. I doesn't seem to be a problem with the wireless router since 2 of my other PC's(also running...
  6. Network connection drops while on cable

Network connection drops while on cable: I have the following setup: 2 x windows 10 and 1 X windows 7 computers connected to the same router through cable having 192.168.0.1 as the router gateway. win7-box: 192.168.0.38 win10-box1: 192.168.0.211 win10-box2: 192.168.0.24 I am connecting from win7-box, which I'm...
  7. Unable to connect Roku with the Wireless Router

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to connect Roku with the Wireless Router: I can't get my new Roku to connect to my wireless router. I am using the correct pass code and it is all connected correctly but no matter how many time I try to connect I keep getting an unable to connect message. What am I doing wrong? ***Modified the title from roku...
  8. New PC dropping connection to router irregular.

New PC dropping connection to router irregular.: I have recently got a new PC an HP Omen. It connects to my plusnet router via a wired ethernet cable that goes from one side of the house to the other. The cable was installed abouit 3 months ago and I had no problem with the previous computer. Occasionally it disconnects...
  9. Wireless Connection Drops

Wireless Connection Drops: Hello everyone. I got MSI GP62-2QE laptop and have been using Windows 10 since I bought it without having a problem. But few days ago when I was playing an offline game my wi-fi connection dropped. I tried to connect back, and I actually succeed but it's keep dropping since...
  10. Wireless connection randomly drops

Wireless connection randomly drops: So i currently have a MSI GT80 running killer wireless 1525 network adapter and am constantly seeing network drops to the point where i get an exclamation mark over my wireless icon and no activity. Connection shows connected but no speed, only until i manually disconnect...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. router keeps droppng connection both wifi and ethernet