Windows 10: Dropping Wi-Fi and the Dreaded BSOD

Discus and support Dropping Wi-Fi and the Dreaded BSOD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My desktop has a wireless adapter, which I need, because the set-up requires the modem down in the basement and my office is on the main floor. I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChristopherSpicer, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Dropping Wi-Fi and the Dreaded BSOD

My desktop has a wireless adapter, which I need, because the set-up requires the modem down in the basement and my office is on the main floor. I was having issues with the desktop and even after taking it to a shop, it did not fix the problems, so I started using my laptops. But now with the kids doing online schooling and I'm working from home, I've gone back to the desktop.

Some days the desktop works great, but often the Wi-Fi will drop and won't even recognize that there is a wireless adapter/card. I can find it under Device Manager and the hidden devices options. It claims the driver is updated and usually troubleshooting is ineffective because the computer doesn't recognize the adapter is installed. Usually, after a few reboots of the desktop and swearing at the clouds, the Wi-Fi is recognized again and like I said, sometimes I go days without issues.

Though there are days when the computer keeps not recognizing the Wi-fi drivers. Then what follows is a slew of BSOD. The frustrating thing is the BSOD causes seems to be different each time like critical process dies, memory management, not less or equal, and Kmode exception not handled. There is a chance that the two aren't related but the BSOD seems to happen when I'm having wi-fi driver issues

I've already reset the PC. I've scoured the internet to find solutions and everything has only worked for a short term. Could anyone think of any possible solutions to the computer occasionally not recognizing the adapter and the potential actual cause of BSOD?

:)

ChristopherSpicer, Sep 15, 2020

2. Drop Wi-Fi connection after I terminate a session.

Hi Tom,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

This issue could be due to the Wi-Fi driver is outdated. Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if it helps resolving the issue. I suggest you to update the Wi-Fi driver manually and check if it helps. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Network adaptor and right click on it and
      Wi-Fi driver and update the driver.
    Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 15, 2020
  3. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Sep 15, 2020
  4. sonicmuc Win User

Dropping Wi-Fi and the Dreaded BSOD

Firmware-Update for Lumia 650 to resolve Wi-Fi connection dropping

Hello,

Problem with Wi-Fi connection dropping seems to be solved for Lumia 950 with the new Firmware from last week.

01078.00053.16236.35xxx. Key
    improvements in this release include:

• Wi-Fi connectivity improvements, including fixes for Wi-Fi connection dropping randomly and Wi-Fi

When will we get a Firmware update for Lumia 650 to resolve the same Wi-Fi issue?

Thank you

sonicmuc, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Dropping Wi-Fi and the Dreaded BSOD

1. Dropping Wi-Fi and the Dreaded BSOD - Similar Threads - Dropping Dreaded BSOD

2. Wi-Fi connection dropping while in game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi connection dropping while in game: When playing valorant I can play for about 1-2 hours smooth until after that my internet starts dropping for a few seodnds comes back then goes again then it just goes completely when I check my network adapter during this time period it shows error code 45 I restart it works...
  3. Realtek wi fi dropping out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek wi fi dropping out: realtek wi fi adaptor constantly dropping out, i have to keep unplugging and re plugging to get it going. is it my computer or is the adaptor ****? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-wi-fi-dropping-out/2e6b826f-570c-40fb-8cf4-8eac5ea0bb5a
  4. Realtek wi fi dropping out

Realtek wi fi dropping out: realtek wi fi adaptor constantly dropping out, i have to keep unplugging and re plugging to get it going. is it my computer or is the adaptor ****? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-wi-fi-dropping-out/2e6b826f-570c-40fb-8cf4-8eac5ea0bb5a
  5. Wi-Fi connection often drops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi connection often drops: Hello,since the end of 2020, I have had my notebook and never had any problems, but recently there have been complications.A few weeks ago, my notebook had the problem that sometimes the screen froze for a few seconds or the computer even crashed. This eventually ended up...
  6. Wi-Fi connection often drops

Wi-Fi connection often drops: Hello,since the end of 2020, I have had my notebook and never had any problems, but recently there have been complications.A few weeks ago, my notebook had the problem that sometimes the screen froze for a few seconds or the computer even crashed. This eventually ended up...
  7. Wi-Fi initial drop conumdrum.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi initial drop conumdrum.: Each time I boot into Win10 using wifi as my router connection, after a couple of minutes or so the signal drops. If I click on the 'no-signal' icon then click on the Wi-Fi tile the signal then reconnects and stays up. This issue does not occur with Win7 nor with Linux, nor...
  8. Wi-Fi Keeps Dropping

Wi-Fi Keeps Dropping: My wi-fi regularly drops completely. It will show full bars yet I cannot connect. No other device on the network is affected. I think it's the wi-fi module that came with my PC. Sometimes I have to restart my PC to fix the issue but other times that doesn't work. The wi-fi...
  9. Wi-Fi Drops after start up

Wi-Fi Drops after start up: Hey all, I just recently activated my windows 10 home product key and had to update from 1809 to most recent version as of August 1, 2020. I never had any issues connecting to the internet with this motherboard, heck i got it for the on board Wi-Fi. However once the...
  10. Computer randomly drops connection with WI-FI

Computer randomly drops connection with WI-FI: Hello, This is my first time on here! So I hope I am posting in the correct spot. I currently have a PC running windows 10 and do not have access to use a wired connection. I also do not have an internal network adapter configured for WIFI, however I do have a HIRO H50334...