Windows 10: Dropping wifi

Discus and support Dropping wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am a Windows 10 user with a Dell laptop. For some reason and for some time now my computer keeps losing my router and dropping the wifi signal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bumblefooteighteen, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Dropping wifi

I am a Windows 10 user with a Dell laptop. For some reason and for some time now my computer keeps losing my router and dropping the wifi signal without warning; usually it reconnects after a pause, though not always. Other devices, both Apple and PC, never not have this issue. The router itself has been checked. When I take my computer to work I do not have this problem. It seems to be confined to my computer and this particular router.

I'm am NOT tech savvy. If someone has a fix that doesn't involve removing and reinstalling all the drivers--too scary a proposition--I'd appreciate it.

:)

bumblefooteighteen, Mar 2, 2020
  2. bizkit Win User

windows 10 10147 - Atheros Qualcom WiFi drops

hy,
    i have question about 10147 release. does anyone else have WiFi drops? it happens like 5-10 times a day. usualy when i search for windows updates(maybe a coincidence?) or when i reboot the pc. then i troubleshooted a bit, i figured out that WLAN autoconfig service stops working. if i restart the service all starts to work again. how can i prevent those kinds of wifi drops? in the mean time, wifi button gets grayed out and the list is empty, like no wireless is in range (it figures .. since service is not running i guess). i checked the event viewer and saw that many services drops out from time to time including sound (realtek). any suggestions would be appreciated. got a clean install here.
    thanks

bizkit, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Wynona Win User

Dropping wifi

windows 10 10147 - Atheros Qualcom WiFi drops

And now you know why Microsoft didn't release 10147 as an official build. Dropping wifi :)

Wynona, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

Dropping wifi

1. Dropping wifi - Similar Threads - Dropping wifi

2. I want my Surface go to stop dropping off a wifi with no internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want my Surface go to stop dropping off a wifi with no internet: l want to use my Surface Go with an audio mixer on its wifi network, but Windows keeps dropping the connection, since there is no internet on that wifi. How can l lock the wifi on that network?...
  3. I want my Surface go to stop dropping off a wifi with no internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want my Surface go to stop dropping off a wifi with no internet: l want to use my Surface Go with an audio mixer on its wifi network, but Windows keeps dropping the connection, since there is no internet on that wifi. How can l lock the wifi on that network?...
  4. WiFi Internet Connection Drop From Random Time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WiFi Internet Connection Drop From Random Time: Hi All,I have received a report that the internet connection is drop from time to time. And when I checked the WLANReport, I found that there is a change reason with"ChangeReason: CapabilityReset". Have anyone know what is it means? Network Adapter: RZ616 Wi-Fi 6E...
  5. WiFi Internet Connection Drop From Random Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi Internet Connection Drop From Random Time: Hi All,I have received a report that the internet connection is drop from time to time. And when I checked the WLANReport, I found that there is a change reason with"ChangeReason: CapabilityReset". Have anyone know what is it means? Network Adapter: RZ616 Wi-Fi 6E...
  6. WiFi Internet Connection Drop From Random Time

7. Wifi network adaptor keeps dropping in windows 11 on my Microsoft surface 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi network adaptor keeps dropping in windows 11 on my Microsoft surface 3: I am having issues with the wifi network adapter dropping. Through Geek Squad and my Xfinity cable company I have had them check, run and update everthing. Even reinstalling the adapter. Still have issues with dropping. Please help....
  8. Wifi network adaptor keeps dropping in windows 11 on my Microsoft surface 3

Wifi network adaptor keeps dropping in windows 11 on my Microsoft surface 3: I am having issues with the wifi network adapter dropping. Through Geek Squad and my Xfinity cable company I have had them check, run and update everthing. Even reinstalling the adapter. Still have issues with dropping. Please help....
  9. Why are repeated WiFi drop-offs still unsolvable for Windows 10?

Why are repeated WiFi drop-offs still unsolvable for Windows 10?: Ever since the update to Windows 10 years ago, well right away Windows 10 would not recognize hardwiring from my computer to the modem/router, so I had to buy a WiFi stick, which is about 8 inches away from the modem/router provided to me by Spectrum cable TV and internet...
  10. Why are repeated WiFi drop-offs still unsolvable for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are repeated WiFi drop-offs still unsolvable for Windows 10?: Ever since the update to Windows 10 years ago, well right away Windows 10 would not recognize hardwiring from my computer to the modem/router, so I had to buy a WiFi stick, which is about 8 inches away from the modem/router provided to me by Spectrum cable TV and internet...