Windows 10: DS4 Controller Needs a PIN

Discus and support DS4 Controller Needs a PIN in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't know why my DS4 controller needs a PIN to connect, I did not set one, heck i don't even know how to. I have tried to retard my computer,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by evanpenland, Feb 23, 2019.

1. DS4 Controller Needs a PIN

I don't know why my DS4 controller needs a PIN to connect, I did not set one, heck i don't even know how to. I have tried to retard my computer, nothing. I unplugged the adapter, still didn't work. I have tried everything i know and it didn't work.

:)

evanpenland, Feb 23, 2019

2. Broken Internet Driver after DS4 is connected

At first. I thought it was this program for emulating the DS4 controller as an Xbox controller. So I removed it. But it still occurs when I plug in and out the DS4 controller. The internet drops to 0 then disabled itself.

Ashngoy_Uchiha, Feb 23, 2019
  3. Wireless Xbox One controller requires PIN for Windows 10.

Hi,

You will be asked for a PIN when connecting your wireless Xbox One controller via Bluetooth on Windows 10 if your Bluetooth drivers are not updated. It is also possible that you have to reset the controller to remove the PIN. To resolve your concern, restart
    your controller by following the steps below:

• Power off the controller by pressing and holding the Xbox button on the controller for 6 seconds.
    • Press the Xbox button again to power it back on.
    • Connect your Xbox Wireless Controller to your PC using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.

You can also update your Bluetooth drivers by following the steps on this
    link

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Feb 23, 2019
  4. DS4 Controller Needs a PIN

windows 10 control panel

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you want to know how to access the control panel in Windows 10?

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to try the following steps to open the Control Panel in the system.

Step 1: Opening Control Panel in Windows 10.

• Open Run command box by simultaneously pressing Windows and R keys (Windows + R).

• In the Run dialog box, type
      Control
      and then press Enter key to open the classic Control Panel.
    Step 2: Access Control Panel in Windows 10 from desktop.

• Right-click on the Start button (Windows logo button at the bottom-left corner of the desktop) and then click Control Panel to open the same.
    Step 3: Launch Control Panel using search.

• Open Start menu or screen.

• In the search box, enter Control Panel and then press Enter key to open the same.
    Note: You can quickly access the search with the help of Windows + C hotkey.

Step 4: Create Control Panel shortcut on desktop.

• Right-click on desktop, click New, and then click Shortcut.
    • In Type the location of the item box, type the following path.
    explorer shell:ControlPanelFolder

• Click Next button.
    • In the Type a name for this shortcut box, type Control Panel, and click Finish button. You can now double-click on the Control Panel icon on the desktop to quickly launch the same.
    Step 5: Pin Control Panel to Start or taskbar.

• In the Start search box, type Control Panel.

• When you see search results, right-click on Control Panel entry and then click Pin to Start to pin it to the Start menu or screen.
    Note: Clicking Pin to taskbar will pin the Control Panel to taskbar.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

DS4 Controller Needs a PIN

1. DS4 Controller Needs a PIN - Similar Threads - DS4 Controller Needs

2. Fake DS4 Controller?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fake DS4 Controller?: How definitive is the serial number check for a PS4 controller (Fix & Replace | PlayStation Support | Sony PlayStation)? If my serial number doesn't come up, is that a sure thing it's fake. I have one I suspect is fake, but I'm not seeing any of the tell tale signs and it...
  3. Can't connect DS4 controller to pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't connect DS4 controller to pc: I currently have a motherboard that doesn't have a built in bluetooth feature. I wanted to play some games with a DS4 controller wireless so I bought the UB400 bluetooth from tp-link. I've downloaded the drivers and even tried going through DS4windows but my computer won't...
  4. Need help connecting a DS4 controller to windows.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help connecting a DS4 controller to windows.: Hello, I've been trying to help a friend who has just got his first gaming pc, he wants to use his ps4 controller. The trouble is, windows is detecting the controller as "wireless controller" but no games or steam will detect them. He's using a cable to connect it to his PC....
  5. PS4 controllers, DS4, doesnt pair in wirelles

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PS4 controllers, DS4, doesnt pair in wirelles: Hi I'm having a problem trying to pair 2 DS5 contrllers to my pc. I bought 2 of them and a dongle, it was working fine, but for another reason I had to format my pc, then I reinstalled the program I use for connecting DS4 controllers inputmapper and it worked just one time,...
  6. DS4 Controller won't Pair to PC

DS4 Controller won't Pair to PC: I am using a MacBook Pro with Intel i7 and 64-bit Windows 10 via BootCamp. I am trying to connect my DualShock4 PlayStation controller via Bluetooth, but it just will not connect, not even to pair, on Windows. It connected fine when booted in MacOS and works ok, but when I...
  7. Bluetooth not connecting to DS4 controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth not connecting to DS4 controller: I have a QUALCOMM QCA9377chipsetwhich is installed on a Dell Inspiron 3593 with windows 10. I am trying to connect a sony DS4 controller to it via Bluetooth. All other Bluetooth seems to work fine but it cannot connect to the controller. The controller works on other PC’s...
  8. Reconnecting a DS4 Controller from PC

Reconnecting a DS4 Controller from PC: Hello, I don't normally go through the effort of making posts, normally I can figure things out just by reading other posts. It seems that no matter what I do, I can't for the life of me remove my Dualshock 4 controller from my PC as a paired bluetooth device, nor can I...
  9. My DS4 controller will not work with my newly built PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My DS4 controller will not work with my newly built PC: I built this PC specifically to play games on with my DS4 controller and everyone I have talked to says that its not supported by windows but there is plug and play for the most part. ive been trying for around 2 weeks now spending hours everyday getting this controller to...
  10. DS4/PS4 Controller not recognized correctly. PC. Windows 10.

DS4/PS4 Controller not recognized correctly. PC. Windows 10.: I previously had issues with my PS4 controller not being recognized correctly on my pc, and found a fix on a windows support page but it's not something a lot know about, so it's hard to find again. It was a small three lettered abbreviation that i would run through "run",...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to connect ds4 pin