Windows 10: dsk check comes on as suggestion from laptop

Discus and support dsk check comes on as suggestion from laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When computer has shut down by mistake or loose party, when i power it back on i get a message that says "hit any number within 8 seconds to skip... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by paulaE., Nov 22, 2019.

1. paulaE. Win User

dsk check comes on as suggestion from laptop

When computer has shut down by mistake or loose party, when i power it back on i get a message that says "hit any number within 8 seconds to skip dskcheck". I always skip it but I have read just a tiny bit and it is recommended becaues it is giving me this prompt. (It didn't use to).

In REALITY, how long would the dskck take and is it reliable to end up ok, fixing itself without further problems? Is this a hardware issue.

My laptop is three years old, WIndows 10 version 1703 Build 15873.786. (I chose not put on the feature updates last 2 years that caused a lot of problems for some people.)

I've read it get take five hours. I don't like to leave my computer unattended when running something i'm not familiar with and 5 hours is too long.

Thanks

ps everything works fine but i've read somewhere after the prompt that there are things that need attenion. Can i let it go?

i cllicked device and drivers as the topic because the other ones don't really apply either.

:)

paulaE., Nov 22, 2019
  2. chr0nos Win User

Good gaming laptop suggestions

thats just the tip of the mountain my friend *Stick Out Tongue dsk check comes on as suggestion from laptop :p

i suggest you do a check on optimus technology if you think on getting a laptop with it

chr0nos, Nov 22, 2019
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Nov 22, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

1. dsk check comes on as suggestion from laptop - Similar Threads - dsk check comes

2. Windows10: how to check where power is coming from

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows10: how to check where power is coming from: Hi all, from a few days my Dell laptop does not charge the battery when docked. I checked BIOS at power ON and it states that battery is excellent, it is charging and the power is coming from the adapter, 130W. Nevertheless when Windows 10 takes off the pc runs on battery and...
  3. Windows10: how to check where power is coming from

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows10: how to check where power is coming from: Hi all, from a few days my Dell laptop does not charge the battery when docked. I checked BIOS at power ON and it states that battery is excellent, it is charging and the power is coming from the adapter, 130W. Nevertheless when Windows 10 takes off the pc runs on battery and...
  4. Windows10: how to check where power is coming from

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. No sound coming from laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No sound coming from laptop: Hello, I have a Lenovo Ideapad 5 running Windows 10. Although the sound icon appears to be working, no sound is coming from the laptop. I have been through all of these Windows troubleshooting steps:...
  6. Sound not coming from the laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound not coming from the laptop: Sound output not coming from Micromax Canvas Lapbook L1161. The red cross is displaying in the taskbar and says that no output device is installed. I have tried almost everything to bring back my audio. I have tried updating and installing the driver which came inbuilt in...
  7. DSK not visible

DSK not visible: I can not formate my disk in windowns 10 [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dsk-not-visible/f8e14324-55be-4fc5-aa46-af28777cf748
  8. Sound not coming from Laptop at all.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound not coming from Laptop at all.: Hi, recently my Alienware laptop's sound has stopped working altogether. Nothing comes from the speakers at all, nor when I plug in headphones. I am not sure what the problem could be, and I would love it if Microsoft support could get back to me quickly in solving this...
  9. Weird noise coming from laptop

Weird noise coming from laptop: Hi from past couple of months weird noise is coming from my laptop. I have contacted support multiple times still issue is not resolved. I contacted equipment manufacturer as well however they said it's software issue. I am attaching sample of the sound. Check the file at...
  10. suggestions for a laptop please

suggestions for a laptop please: Looking at budget approx £500 need something at college level, for web design Unity projects etc. quite happy with Non Intel CPU if gives better price / performance. have heard that latest laptops have HDD's that are difficult to replace....but battery life is not...