Windows 10: DsmSvc Windows Service eating 10% CPU all the time

Discus and support DsmSvc Windows Service eating 10% CPU all the time in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It's always hovering around 9-10%. "Enables the detection, download and installation of device-related software. If this service is disabled, devices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zeke33, Jun 28, 2020.

1. zeke33 Win User

DsmSvc Windows Service eating 10% CPU all the time

It's always hovering around 9-10%. "Enables the detection, download and installation of device-related software. If this service is disabled, devices may be configured with outdated software, and may not work correctly."
    Says its the Device Setup Manager. It doesn't sound like something that should be eating 10% of system resources at all times. Maybe I only need the service on when I install new hardware, is that correct? Could someone please let me know what the problem might be?

UPDATE: I am able to terminate the process permanently and enable it whenever I want. Is this the way to go?

:)

zeke33, Jun 28, 2020
  2. Rick289 Win User

Windows 10, Device Setup Manager [DsmSvc] This keeps running under svchost.exe and using 12.45 CPU Resources and never stops!

On Windows 10, Device Setup Manager [DsmSvc] This keeps running under svchost.exe and using 12.45 CPU Resources and never stops! If I disable "Device Setup Manager [DsmSvc]" in MSConfig after the PC boots everything drops down to 0 CPU resources if the system
    is idle. Why does this service not terminate on its own? I can not find any viruses etc. and the system is working fine except for the constant running of DsmSvc, Something I installed or ran or uninstalled caused this I'm sure, The sister PC to this one does
    NOT have this problem and the PC's are identical ? Any ideas? Thanks..

Rick289, Jun 29, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Windows 10 ''eat'' my resources

1. Don't know if @dalchina mentioned about turning off "Customer Experience...." from Scheduler ?
    2. If you run Windows with SSD, disable "Superfetch" from Services. This service is also known to eat up CPU @100%.
      Delete everything under: C:\Windows\Prefetch
    3. From Start Menu, Right click on Apps and disable "Live Tile"
    4. Temporarily disable "Windows Search" from Services.
    5. Delete all restore points then re-create a new one.

topgundcp, Jun 29, 2020
  4. ydeepk Win User

Antimalware executable service eats CPU upto 100%

Help With this issue

Antimalware executable service eats CPU upto 100%.

This makes my PC hang alot very difficult to work.

Whats the fix ?

ydeepk, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

1. DsmSvc Windows Service eating 10% CPU all the time - Similar Threads - DsmSvc Service eating

2. Recent update with antimalware service executable that’s eating my CPU

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recent update with antimalware service executable that’s eating my CPU: I have looked up every possible way to fix it, literally everything and my CPU is still insanely high even when I managed to turn off (then it always turns itself back on when I restart) when it never was like this before the update I had 2-3 days ago. I can’t play games...
  3. Service Host: "Server" - using 50% of CPU all the time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Service Host: "Server" - using 50% of CPU all the time: [ATTACH] Hi All Wondering if anyone else has had this problem where Service Host: Server using around 50% of CPU all the time. Really starting to bug me now as making mouse cursor jitter now and then when running other programs/games and CPU load stays at 100%. I looked...
  4. WMI Provider Host is eating all of my CPU.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WMI Provider Host is eating all of my CPU.: The WMI Provider Host is taking up virtually all of my CPU, and according to the Task manager my CPU is constantly maxed at 99% and 95% of the time it is the WMI Provider Host. I have attempted to follow several tips online of how to fix it, even Microsoft's solution. But...
  5. windows defender antivirus service is using 20% of cpu all time

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender antivirus service is using 20% of cpu all time: But it doesnt run any scan! why does this happen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-antivirus-service-is-using-20-of/92cb2c2a-2e73-47f5-9078-9682843265aa
  6. DsmSvc Windows Service eating 10% CPU all the time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DsmSvc Windows Service eating 10% CPU all the time: It's always hovering around 9-10%. "Enables the detection, download and installation of device-related software. If this service is disabled, devices may be configured with outdated software, and may not work correctly." Says its the Device Setup Manager. It doesn't sound...
  7. Windows Explorer eating my CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer eating my CPU: Just recently installed updates after having taken my computer apart to clean the liquid cooling. It was apart for weeks so when I started it, I first assumed that the cooling was bad and throttling. This is not the case. Instead, windows explorer keeps jumping to the CPU...
  8. Play games eats all my CPU!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Play games eats all my CPU!: Whenever I play a game in Windows 10 all of my available CPU is used by them (and the game stutters awfully making it unplayable). I have tested this with a variety of games, and all of them are ones which in no way should take this much cpu usage. I did not have this...
  9. Windows Local services eating "ALL" of my internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Local services eating "ALL" of my internet: Hey guys, I just came back to Windows 10, the only reason I stayed on Windows 7 even after checking 10, was the insane internet usage of Windows 10. Today I installed it back and I am really seeking serious help. Thing is, my Windows 10 uses "ALL of my internet", I have...
  10. Windows 10 Service Host: Local Service eating all the RAM SOLVED!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Service Host: Local Service eating all the RAM SOLVED!: Hey guys! First post for me. *Smile Been taking up the problem of system and service host: local service eating all the ram. So I've been clicking some stuffs at the settings when suddenly I solved my problem unexpectedly! So here's how you do it. *Smile 1. Open Windows....