Windows 10: DTS Heaphone Not Working on Windows 10 - Resolved

Discus and support DTS Heaphone Not Working on Windows 10 - Resolved in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; There have been quite a few posts recently about fixes for the DTS Headphone App not working on Windows 10. In particular, most people have a variation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by loveyou3000, Mar 22, 2020.

1. DTS Heaphone Not Working on Windows 10 - Resolved

There have been quite a few posts recently about fixes for the DTS Headphone App not working on Windows 10. In particular, most people have a variation of the ASUS Tuf FX505 gaming laptop. This solution should also work for other laptops as well.

I've found several solutions with confusing answers, however I came across this answer that instantly resolved the issue!!!

Step 1: Uninstall DTS Headphone:X 1.1 on windows

Step 2: Go to Device Manager and make sure your audio drivers have been updated.

Type 'Device Manager' in windows search and open it.

Go down to Sound, Video and Game Controllers, right click Realtek Audio and click update driver.

If it prompts you to restart your pc then restart.

Step 3: Download the later DTS driver from your PC's support site. In this instance I went to the ASUS Support Site.

https://www.asus.com/us/support/Download-Center/

DTS Heaphone Not Working on Windows 10 - Resolved c2289c5b-9f4f-42b2-8687-0eec3711fabe?upload=true.png

Step 4: Unzip the driver folder. Right click on DTS_install_HPXv1 and run as administrator.

Step 5: Go back into the ASUS Support and you'll see another DTS Headphone download that's available. It should take you through to the Microsoft Store to install the DTS Headphone app.

DTS Heaphone Not Working on Windows 10 - Resolved aa8b366d-15d8-4562-9df0-c21a321945b4?upload=true.png

Step 6: Once that's installed, go to the 'DTS_HPXv1_UWP_APO3x_Asus_EXT_1.0.18.1_RS5' folder in the driver download file and copy the file 'dtsapo3oemconfig.xml'.

Step 7: Go to 'C:\Windows\System32\DTS\PC\APO3x' and paste the file in there.

IT SHOULD NOW WORK!!! Remember to restart your pc at the end of this. I hope you found this helpful, best of luck and happy listening!

:)

loveyou3000, Mar 22, 2020
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 22, 2020
  3. felipaopl Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

Wait, but have you done the whole step-by-step guide described in the OP? DDL/DTS isn't supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 either, unless if you do the steps listed there.

felipaopl, Mar 22, 2020
  4. DTS Heaphone Not Working on Windows 10 - Resolved

DTS Audio Control and headphone plug

Hi Terry,

This issue with the DTS Audio Control can be caused by system corruption on the application itself. As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you uninstall the application. Here's how:

• Type DTS in the search field at the task bar.
    • Right-click on the DTS Audio Control in the results.
    • Click Uninstall.
    • Once done, proceed with installing it back.

You can also check out with HP as the manufacturer of this application for any updated drivers that can help to resolve the issue.

You may try to plug in the headphone again once the issue has been resolved. If it is the same, try a different headphone and let us know about the results.

Should you need additional assistance, do let us know.

Jennifer Bri, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

DTS Heaphone Not Working on Windows 10 - Resolved

1. DTS Heaphone Not Working on Windows 10 - Resolved - Similar Threads - DTS Heaphone Working

2. Wired heaphones not working in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired heaphones not working in Windows 11: I search and get the solution on how to make it work and it does, but the problem is a minute after I unplugged my headphones and put it back in the same problem again, I get frustrated applying the same solution again and again and restarting it. I need a proper solution...
  3. Wired heaphones not working in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wired heaphones not working in Windows 11: I search and get the solution on how to make it work and it does, but the problem is a minute after I unplugged my headphones and put it back in the same problem again, I get frustrated applying the same solution again and again and restarting it. I need a proper solution...
  4. DTS Sound not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DTS Sound not working?: Hi,I bought a Hyperx Cloud Core 7.1 which comes with 7.1 surround sound and i got a licence also for dtsx but when i play anything and i try to enable the surround sound it is saying the error this audio format is not supported Please find below screenshot for same Whenever i...
  5. DTS Sound not working?

DTS Sound not working?: Hi,I bought a Hyperx Cloud Core 7.1 which comes with 7.1 surround sound and i got a licence also for dtsx but when i play anything and i try to enable the surround sound it is saying the error this audio format is not supported Please find below screenshot for same Whenever i...
  6. DTS Heaphone X Stuck on about page

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DTS Heaphone X Stuck on about page: I'm using Asus TUF FX505DV. I tried to uninstall and reinstall it from the official Asus website also tried to uninstall the drivers and reinstall it but it still shows the same page when opening the application....
  7. Sony heaphones not working

Sony heaphones not working: I have had a pair of MDR-XB650BT headphones for a little over a year now, and have been using them on my laptop without a problem until this week. Because they weren't registering on my iphone's devices list, I tried forgetting the device on my windows 10 Lenovo laptop, but...
  8. Heaphones Output Not working

Heaphones Output Not working: Hello all, I was wondering if somebody could help me with this problem I have. When plugging in my earbuds/headphones into the jack of my computer, the audio continues to come out as speakers, and the computer does not acknowledge that I have put in the earbudsThe volume does...
  9. DTS Sound not working?

DTS Sound not working?: So a month Ago I paid for DTS Sound Unbound The license and effectively I got it. It was working fine for a couple months, now all of the sudden it stopped working, every time I try to select it, it does not appear under Windows sonic, rather under "Try or purchase in the...
  10. Installing SADES heaphone drivers on Windows 10

Installing SADES heaphone drivers on Windows 10: Hello everyone, First of all, thanks for your time reading and trying to help. I have a SADES SA-903 headphone, which supports virtual 7.1 audio, and tried to install the drivers for it (so I can configure it to use the 7.1 configuration instead of stereo), but with no...