Windows 10: Dts Sound issue

Discus and support Dts Sound issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I updated my windows to the new version of 2004 . I own the laptop Asus Tuf gaming FX505DT. It has pre installed DTS Headphone software. With the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NijithJayan, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Dts Sound issue

I updated my windows to the new version of 2004 . I own the laptop Asus Tuf gaming FX505DT. It has pre installed DTS Headphone software.

With the new update i was not able to control the DTS audio and it is making really fussy noise and is not at all good. Please help me to resolve this issue.

:)

NijithJayan, Jun 26, 2020

2. How do I get DTS sound on a Windows 10 Toshiba C70-C-12U?

Hi Nicholas,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you in accessing DTS sound on your new computer and uninstalling Groove music app, we will help you with this issue.

1. Steps to install the DTS sound on Windows 10:

As you get the error message while installing the DTS software saying not compatible, I suggest you to install it in compatible mode on Windows 10 and check if it helps.

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select
      Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.

2. Steps to uninstall the Groove music app:

As your concern to uninstall the Groove music app, I suggest you to run the following PowerShell command and check if it helps.

Note: You need to close the Windows Store and other apps before executing the PowerShell command. Also, sign-out and sign-in before uninstalling/ installing the apps.

Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Groove Music app.

• get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneMusic* | remove-appxpackage

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 26, 2020
  3. DTS Audio Control and headphone plug

Hi Terry,

This issue with the DTS Audio Control can be caused by system corruption on the application itself. As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you uninstall the application. Here's how:

• Type DTS in the search field at the task bar.
    • Right-click on the DTS Audio Control in the results.
    • Click Uninstall.
    • Once done, proceed with installing it back.

You can also check out with HP as the manufacturer of this application for any updated drivers that can help to resolve the issue.

You may try to plug in the headphone again once the issue has been resolved. If it is the same, try a different headphone and let us know about the results.

Should you need additional assistance, do let us know.

Jennifer Bri, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Dts Sound issue

5.1 surround sound issue in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

If you’re connecting an optical cable the settings would be changed so try the following steps

Two options:

1. Use the optical S/PDIF output of your motherboard.

2. Use the HDMI output of your GPU. (This is what I'd recommend if you're using a HDMI display).

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to control panel.

• Select sound.

• Click on playback devices.

For option 1- connect the cable and set the 'Realtek digital output' as default device.

• Then right click on it.

• Go to properties.

• At the rightmost tab select DTS or Dolby Digital or 5.1.
    For option 2-connect the HDMI cable through the receiver and set the 'Nvidia HDMI Output' as your default device. Then click 'Configure' and select 5.1 and check if it helps.

If the issue persist then, I suggest you to connect the speakers directly and check in the realtek audio manager if he gets the 5.1 option or not using the SPDIF\output.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Dts Sound issue

1. Dts Sound issue - Similar Threads - Dts Sound issue

2. DTS Sound not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DTS Sound not working?: Hi,I bought a Hyperx Cloud Core 7.1 which comes with 7.1 surround sound and i got a licence also for dtsx but when i play anything and i try to enable the surround sound it is saying the error this audio format is not supported Please find below screenshot for same Whenever i...
  3. DTS Sound not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DTS Sound not working?: Hi,I bought a Hyperx Cloud Core 7.1 which comes with 7.1 surround sound and i got a licence also for dtsx but when i play anything and i try to enable the surround sound it is saying the error this audio format is not supported Please find below screenshot for same Whenever i...
  4. DTS Issue with HDMI

DTS Issue with HDMI: I have a Yamaha AV Receiver and I'm trying to get it to decode DTS for 7.1The issue I'm having is that my Graphics card RX 480 seems to detect what the receiver can support, but I can't select anything???Meanwhile I noticed that I have a Realtek Digital output... Which will...
  5. What is DTS sound control ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is DTS sound control ?: Suddenly noted this icon listed on Startup. It does not appear in programs and features.When icon is clicked nothing at all appears onscreen. Do my knowledge it is not something I opened or installed. I have been researching online to find fixes for pc/tv/speakers issues....
  6. What is DTS sound control ?

What is DTS sound control ?: Suddenly noted this icon listed on Startup. It does not appear in programs and features.When icon is clicked nothing at all appears onscreen. Do my knowledge it is not something I opened or installed. I have been researching online to find fixes for pc/tv/speakers issues....
  7. What is DTS sound control ?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. DTS Sound unbound and DTS X weird error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DTS Sound unbound and DTS X weird error: I need HELP! I installed DTS Sound Unbound few days earlier thinking I have inbuilt DTS headphone x Inbuilt for my LAP ASUS FX 505DT. Since it did not show licensed and the trial got ended I uninstalled thinking its useless. Now, I have this strange error when I try to use...
  9. DTS Sound not working?

DTS Sound not working?: So a month Ago I paid for DTS Sound Unbound The license and effectively I got it. It was working fine for a couple months, now all of the sudden it stopped working, every time I try to select it, it does not appear under Windows sonic, rather under "Try or purchase in the...
  10. DTS sound control

DTS sound control: I have just installed windows 10 Pro and updated my drivers but there is no DTS audio control in my computer. If I put on my headphones the sound is coming out from both the headphones and the speaker. How do I get this problem solve...