Windows 10: DTS Sound not working?

Discus and support DTS Sound not working? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So a month Ago I paid for DTS Sound Unbound The license and effectively I got it. It was working fine for a couple months, now all of the sudden it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Awpii, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Awpii Win User

DTS Sound not working?

So a month Ago I paid for DTS Sound Unbound The license and effectively I got it.

It was working fine for a couple months, now all of the sudden it stopped working, every time I try to select it, it does not appear under Windows sonic, rather under "Try or purchase in the microsoft store" and now I can see the license right below another product that says purchase which is by the way more expensive than the one I already paid.

Did I get scammed by DTS? Is my DTS just not working? How do I get it to work again?

DTS Sound not working? 2c8a0e9b-bbeb-4050-ba98-a2c962c9519b?upload=true.jpg

DTS Sound not working? 870c9e3c-9d91-4773-8f20-c807b844a8b6?upload=true.png

:)

Awpii, Mar 10, 2020
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 10, 2020
  3. ANPC005 Win User
    DTS Studio Sound doesn't work on Windows 10

I immediately noticed the same problem upon installing Win10 shortly after it was released, and couldn't find an IDT driver update. The sound just passed through the DTS settings like they weren't there. The "Toshiba Service Station" had a DTS update listed
    and recommended uninstalling the old DTS version, but that update somehow vanished after I uninstalled the old version. A few days later it showed up again and I installed it but nothing changed with the sound.

It looks like they delayed releasing the improved IDT driver (v. 6.10.6504.0) which I got tonight after finding this thread and being reminded to try again. For whatever reason, the new driver date shows as 6/4/15 but I've seen that sort of thing with other
    drivers.

The DTS EQ and other controls are working again and it definitely improves the sound.

ANPC005, Mar 10, 2020
  4. DTS Sound not working?

How do I get DTS sound on a Windows 10 Toshiba C70-C-12U?

Hi Nicholas,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you in accessing DTS sound on your new computer and uninstalling Groove music app, we will help you with this issue.

1. Steps to install the DTS sound on Windows 10:

As you get the error message while installing the DTS software saying not compatible, I suggest you to install it in compatible mode on Windows 10 and check if it helps.

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select
      Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.

2. Steps to uninstall the Groove music app:

As your concern to uninstall the Groove music app, I suggest you to run the following PowerShell command and check if it helps.

Note: You need to close the Windows Store and other apps before executing the PowerShell command. Also, sign-out and sign-in before uninstalling/ installing the apps.

Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Groove Music app.

• get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneMusic* | remove-appxpackage

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

DTS Sound not working?

1. DTS Sound not working? - Similar Threads - DTS Sound working

2. DTS Sound Immersive Audio not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DTS Sound Immersive Audio not working.: Hi there,I have a laptop that I bought around a year ago and it came preinstalled with DTS Sound. Originally, it worked very well and I had immersive audio that I used in some games and I could use DTS X to add more bass for things such as music. However, sometime within the...
  3. DTS Sound Immersive Audio not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DTS Sound Immersive Audio not working.: Hi there,I have a laptop that I bought around a year ago and it came preinstalled with DTS Sound. Originally, it worked very well and I had immersive audio that I used in some games and I could use DTS X to add more bass for things such as music. However, sometime within the...
  4. DTS Sound Immersive Audio not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. DTS Sound not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DTS Sound not working?: Hi,I bought a Hyperx Cloud Core 7.1 which comes with 7.1 surround sound and i got a licence also for dtsx but when i play anything and i try to enable the surround sound it is saying the error this audio format is not supported Please find below screenshot for same Whenever i...
  6. DTS Sound not working?

DTS Sound not working?: Hi,I bought a Hyperx Cloud Core 7.1 which comes with 7.1 surround sound and i got a licence also for dtsx but when i play anything and i try to enable the surround sound it is saying the error this audio format is not supported Please find below screenshot for same Whenever i...
  7. DTS Sound unbound and DTS X weird error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DTS Sound unbound and DTS X weird error: I need HELP! I installed DTS Sound Unbound few days earlier thinking I have inbuilt DTS headphone x Inbuilt for my LAP ASUS FX 505DT. Since it did not show licensed and the trial got ended I uninstalled thinking its useless. Now, I have this strange error when I try to use...
  8. Dts Sound issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dts Sound issue: I updated my windows to the new version of 2004 . I own the laptop Asus Tuf gaming FX505DT. It has pre installed DTS Headphone software. With the new update i was not able to control the DTS audio and it is making really fussy noise and is not at all good. Please help me to...
  9. DTS sound bound dont work

DTS sound bound dont work: I notice recently I update windows 10 and apear on the window when you can change the speakers stereo 5.1 7,1 etc dts x appear one new dts ultra my point is when i select dtsx dont change and after several seconds open the windows store at the app DTS soundbond and ask me to...
  10. DTS sound control

DTS sound control: I have just installed windows 10 Pro and updated my drivers but there is no DTS audio control in my computer. If I put on my headphones the sound is coming out from both the headphones and the speaker. How do I get this problem solve...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dts sound unbound windows 8

2. purchased dts x but its not working

3. dts studio sound not working

4. dts sound unbound not working,
  5. DTS Sound Unbound headphones will not work unless this is enabled