Windows 10: du[plicate external drive showing up in file explorer

Discus and support du[plicate external drive showing up in file explorer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; du[plicate external drive showing up in file explorer... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SNOWEENSP, Apr 16, 2019.

1. SNOWEENSP Win User

du[plicate external drive showing up in file explorer

:)

SNOWEENSP, Apr 16, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Apr 16, 2019
  3. My External Toshiba DVD Drive doesn't show up

Hi Charsmann,

The above issue might occur if a drive letter is not allotted to the external drive.

Please reply, did you try removing and re-plugging the driver to the PC?

Since the drive shows in Device manager, I suggest you to remove the external drive and re-plug to check if the issue is resolved.

If the issue persists, check if you are able to open the drive via
    Disk management
    by following the steps below:

• Connect the external drive to the PC, press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Disk management option from the context menu. Check if the drive is visible in the window.
    • If visible, right click on the external drive and select Open. Check if you are able to open the drive in
      File Explorer.
    • Close the Disk management window, open File Explorer (Windows logo + E keys on the keyboard) and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the external drive not showing in File Explorer on the PC for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 16, 2019
  4. du[plicate external drive showing up in file explorer

Cannot find (Seagate) external hard drive in File Explorer.

Thank you, Billion, for all the help. Unfortunately, the drive still doesn't show up in File Explorer. The computer recognizes it, and reads that the external hard drive is working properly. However, I still can't access anything inside it.

KetsyGonzalez, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

1. du[plicate external drive showing up in file explorer - Similar Threads - plicate external drive

2. External SSD not showing up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External SSD not showing up in file explorer: Hello everyone,I'm trying to connect an external SSD drive using USB, however it doesn't show up in the file explorer. When I plug it in, Windows displays it with the correct name in the little menu in the taskbar and offers me to eject it. In the Device Manager it's listed...
  3. External SSD not showing up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External SSD not showing up in file explorer: Hello everyone,I'm trying to connect an external SSD drive using USB, however it doesn't show up in the file explorer. When I plug it in, Windows displays it with the correct name in the little menu in the taskbar and offers me to eject it. In the Device Manager it's listed...
  4. External SSD not showing up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. External D Drive doesn't show up on file explorer.

External D Drive doesn't show up on file explorer.: I got the 'USB Device Not Recognized' message last week while trying to plug in my external drive, it doesn't show up in file explorer, none of the files have been deleted and as far as I know it is recoverable. Can someone help with this one? Mine is 10586.122 and version...
  6. External Hard Drive not showing up in File Explorer

External Hard Drive not showing up in File Explorer: I have an external hard drive that I can't get to show up in the file explorer, I can see the drive in disk management though. I was thinking the drive doesn't have a letter assigned to it so maybe that's the problem but it won't let me give it one or change it from disk...
  7. External hard drive doesn't show up in File Explorer

External hard drive doesn't show up in File Explorer: I have an external hard drive that doesn't show up in File Explorer. It does show up in the settings area under Bluetooth and Other Devices. I've been reading online how to resolve this and have seen that possibly a drive letter is not assigned so have tried to go to Disk...
  8. external hard drive not showing up in explorer

external hard drive not showing up in explorer: my external hard drive has been dropped from a metere hight and when i connect to laptop It is recognized as a device and showing up in device manager but not appearing in windows explorer. In disk manager its showing as Disk 1 and initialize , i tried to initialize but its...
  9. External Drive not showing up in File Explorer/Disk Management

External Drive not showing up in File Explorer/Disk Management: Hello, I have a Seagate external drive that isn't showing up on my PC. Windows makes a sound when I connect it, but it's not showing up in File Explorer and Disk Management. I've tried using a different cable one that works and connecting it to a different USB port, but it...
  10. File Explorer Not Showing External "A" Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Not Showing External "A" Drive: I plugged an external "A" drive into my computer via a USB port with File Explorer open. The "A" drive shows up, but only for about 2 seconds and then it goes away. I changed USB ports and it does the same. I checked Device Manager under "Floppy Drives" and it shows the "A"...