Windows 10: Dual 2560x1440 Monitors using DisplayPort Cable

Discus and support Dual 2560x1440 Monitors using DisplayPort Cable in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have two identical HP EliteDisplay E273q 27-Inch LED Monitors. HP Probook Laptop HP usb-c Dock Adapter Intel UHD Graphics 350 My trouble is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Environmental Eagle, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Dual 2560x1440 Monitors using DisplayPort Cable

I have two identical HP EliteDisplay E273q 27-Inch LED Monitors.

HP Probook Laptop

HP usb-c Dock

Adapter Intel UHD Graphics 350

My trouble is that when I use the dock which has two DisplayPort ports - one monitor shows up at 2560x1440 while the other gets stuck at 1024x768. If I unplug one or the other - they are both capable of 2560. I'm not using the laptop screen though I would like to right now so it's just the two monitors from the two pors on the USB dock.

How do I get them both to 2560?

:)

Environmental Eagle, Aug 11, 2020

2. Dual 2560x1440 on FirePro V5900?

Hi,

I have put together a new machine and since I do not game on PC's I thought I'd recycle an ageing (but working) AMD FirePro V5900 2GB to drive the monitors. However, the most I can get is 1920x1200 on each monitor. Windows display settings will not offer any higher resolution and Catalyst (AMD software) is the same, but also suggests the 'Maximum reported resolution' for each monitor is 1920x1200 (they are both tested and working at 2560x1440 on a different machine).

I have attempted connection via DisplayPort -> HDMI, of which the card has two Displayports, and a DVI-D -> HDMI connection. At the moment I only have DVI-D -> HDMI cables or DP->HDMI adapters in the card through to HDMI on the monitor. All drivers are up to date and the reported maximum resolution of the card is 2560x1600. Drivers from Lenovo have been installed for the monitors.

The monitors in question are new Lenovo S24Q, both tested on a Surface (through miniDP to HDMI) to be working perfectly at their max resolution of 2560x1440. The machine has a Ryzen 5 3600 with no integrated graphics capabilities. Windows 10 Pro is at version 18363.

Can anyone help me get this working? Am I missing something? Or is the FirePro simply incapable of doing this? I'd like to avoid the cost of a GPU (I have faith this card is capable of driving two QHD monitors), I've also ordered 2x DP->DP cables in the hope this might help. I have heard talk of 'patching' the driver to allow custom resolutions but I'm not familiar with this process.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

justAnotherDev, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Windows 10 External Monitor with DisplayPort Cable

Hello!!

I have a Lenovo M715q. I am trying to connect a ThinkVision E24 External monitor to the computer. It does not recognize it or detect it. I've updated all of the Drivers. The monitor only has a VGA and DisplayPort Cable Input. I have a DisplayPort
    to DisplayPort cable connecting the monitor to my computer. I've tried going thru my BIOS, but Windows 10 does not have a Display option like Windows 7 where I could disable the Auto feature and enable multiple monitors. Any Ideas?

Thanks!!

ColoradoMTs, Aug 11, 2020
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Dual 2560x1440 Monitors using DisplayPort Cable

Monitor Recommendation for Dual Monitor with Displayport, HDMI, DVI

To go from HDMI on computer to DisplayPort on monitor, you need a powered adapter such as this:
    Amazon.com: HDMI to DisplayPort Converter Adapter Cable with USB Power,QGeeM 4K x 2K HDMI to DP Adaptor for HDMI Equipped Systems,Compliant with VESA Dual-Mode DisplayPort 1.2, HDMI 1.4 and HDCP: Electronics

The USB-C on your XPS 15 9550 is the DisplayPort. If you want dual external monitors on the XPS 15 9550, the best combination is 1 monitor with HDMI and one monitor with DisplayPort. The HDMI monitor gets connected to the HDMI port on the computer with a simple HDMI cable. The DisplayPort monitor gets connected to the USB-C port on the computer with a USB-C to DisplayPort cable:

Amazon.com: Fixget USB C to DisplayPort Cable (5.49ft/1.8m), [email protected] USB 3.1 Type C (Thunderbolt 3 Compatible) to DP Cable for 2016 MacBook Pro, MacBook 12, ChromeBook Pixel, Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus: Electronics

If you have two external monitors with HDMI, then one goes HDMI to HDMI with the simple cable, and the other goes to the USB-C port on the computer with either a USB-C to HDMI adapter, or USB-C to HDMI cable:

Amazon.com: USB C to HDMI, CableCreation USB 3.1 Type C to HDMI 4K Hub Adapter (Thunderbolt 3), DP Alt Mode, Male to Female, Compatible MacBook Pro/Chromebook Pixel/Dell XPS 13/Yoga 920/Samsung Note S9,S8, White: Electronics

Amazon.com: Aibocn USB C to HDMI Cable, Type C (Thunderbolt 3 Compatible) to HDMI 4K Cable for MacBook Pro, Surface Book 2, iMac, Galaxy S9/S8/Note 8, Dell XPS 13/15, Pixelbook and More - 6.5FT/2m: Electronics

The only difficult connection would be to connect a DisplayPort monitor to the HDMI connection on the computer, you don't want to do that.

NavyLCDR, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Dual 2560x1440 Monitors using DisplayPort Cable

1. Dual 2560x1440 Monitors using DisplayPort Cable - Similar Threads - Dual 2560x1440 Monitors

2. DisplayPort cable broke my monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DisplayPort cable broke my monitor: So I bought a brand new display cable today, I plugged it in to my graphics card, it worked until I plugged in my second monitor cable, which is hdmi to the graphics card as well and then the screen had tore all the way to the top, including flickering on the main monitor, I...
  3. DisplayPort cable broke my monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DisplayPort cable broke my monitor: So I bought a brand new display cable today, I plugged it in to my graphics card, it worked until I plugged in my second monitor cable, which is hdmi to the graphics card as well and then the screen had tore all the way to the top, including flickering on the main monitor, I...
  4. DisplayPort cable broke my monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Monitor not detecting a signal from the computer using a DisplayPort adapter to HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor not detecting a signal from the computer using a DisplayPort adapter to HDMI cable: I have XPS13 and recent purchase of thunderbolt docking station tb16. all are dell products (laptop, docking and monitors) . The 3rd monitor is not detecting a signal from the computer using a DisplayPort adapter to HDMI cable that leads to the docking station (since for...
  6. Windows 10 External Monitor with DisplayPort Cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 External Monitor with DisplayPort Cable: Hello!! I have a Lenovo M715q. I am trying to connect a ThinkVision E24 External monitor to the computer. It does not recognize it or detect it. I've updated all of the Drivers. The monitor only has a VGA and DisplayPort Cable Input. I have a DisplayPort to...
  7. Monitor Recommendation for Dual Monitor with Displayport, HDMI, DVI

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Recommendation for Dual Monitor with Displayport, HDMI, DVI: I have one samsung syncmaster t240 very old monitor that i bought used from someone because i could not buy 1920x1200 monitors where im located. I connect it to my dell xps 15 9550 via hdmi to hdmi cable with no issue. I previously had an asus monitor that stopped working...
  8. Dual Monitor Y-Cable

Dual Monitor Y-Cable: I did, some years ago, implement a couple of dual monitor solutions with Dell machines using a Y-Cable provided by Dell (using a DMS59 socket on the computer). I'd like to do that at home now. I have a Radeon 7850, which has a fully populated DVI-I-plug (i.e. two monitor...
  9. Displayport versions and cables

Displayport versions and cables: I have an Acer XB270HU (displayport only) display that I was driving happily with a pair of 780s in SLI, but now I've built a new rig based on a Gigibyte GA-Z270X Gaming 5. I'm so far only using motherboard video, but while I can put HDMI out to a different monitor, I can't...
  10. Unplugging DisplayPort cables while monitor on and running. Damage?

Unplugging DisplayPort cables while monitor on and running. Damage?: So today I started my computer up and only 1 of my 3 monitors working. Nvidia control panel claimed my gpu could only support 1 monitor which was false. What fixed it for me was I simply unplugged the 3 displayport cables for my 3 monitors and plugged them back in. My...