Windows 10: Dual 2560x1440 on FirePro V5900?

Discus and support Dual 2560x1440 on FirePro V5900? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, I have put together a new machine and since I do not game on PC's I thought I'd recycle an ageing (but working) AMD FirePro V5900 2GB to drive the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by justAnotherDev, May 6, 2020.

1. Dual 2560x1440 on FirePro V5900?

Hi,

I have put together a new machine and since I do not game on PC's I thought I'd recycle an ageing (but working) AMD FirePro V5900 2GB to drive the monitors. However, the most I can get is 1920x1200 on each monitor. Windows display settings will not offer any higher resolution and Catalyst (AMD software) is the same, but also suggests the 'Maximum reported resolution' for each monitor is 1920x1200 (they are both tested and working at 2560x1440 on a different machine).

I have attempted connection via DisplayPort -> HDMI, of which the card has two Displayports, and a DVI-D -> HDMI connection. At the moment I only have DVI-D -> HDMI cables or DP->HDMI adapters in the card through to HDMI on the monitor. All drivers are up to date and the reported maximum resolution of the card is 2560x1600. Drivers from Lenovo have been installed for the monitors.

The monitors in question are new Lenovo S24Q, both tested on a Surface (through miniDP to HDMI) to be working perfectly at their max resolution of 2560x1440. The machine has a Ryzen 5 3600 with no integrated graphics capabilities. Windows 10 Pro is at version 18363.

Can anyone help me get this working? Am I missing something? Or is the FirePro simply incapable of doing this? I'd like to avoid the cost of a GPU (I have faith this card is capable of driving two QHD monitors), I've also ordered 2x DP->DP cables in the hope this might help. I have heard talk of 'patching' the driver to allow custom resolutions but I'm not familiar with this process.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

:)

justAnotherDev, May 6, 2020

2. Dual 2560x1440 on FirePro V5900?

Hi,

I have put together a new machine and since I do not game on PC's I thought I'd recycle an ageing (but working) AMD FirePro V5900 2GB to drive the monitors. However, the most I can get is 1920x1200 on each monitor. Windows display settings will not offer any higher resolution and Catalyst (AMD software) is the same, but also suggests the 'Maximum reported resolution' for each monitor is 1920x1200 (they are both tested and working at 2560x1440 on a different machine).

I have attempted connection via DisplayPort -> HDMI, of which the card has two Displayports, and a DVI-D -> HDMI connection. At the moment I only have DVI-D -> HDMI cables or DP->HDMI adapters in the card through to HDMI on the monitor. All drivers are up to date and the reported maximum resolution of the card is 2560x1600. Drivers from Lenovo have been installed for the monitors.

The monitors in question are new Lenovo S24Q, both tested on a Surface (through miniDP to HDMI) to be working perfectly at their max resolution of 2560x1440. The machine has a Ryzen 5 3600 with no integrated graphics capabilities. Windows 10 Pro is at version 18363.

Can anyone help me get this working? Am I missing something? Or is the FirePro simply incapable of doing this? I'd like to avoid the cost of a GPU (I have faith this card is capable of driving two QHD monitors), I've also ordered 2x DP->DP cables in the hope this might help. I have heard talk of 'patching' the driver to allow custom resolutions but I'm not familiar with this process.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

justAnotherDev, May 6, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 6, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Dual 2560x1440 on FirePro V5900?

AMD FirePro Professional Graphics Get Even Better, Outperform Competition by 100%

AMD today introduced the newest generation of professional graphics cards AMD FirePro V5900 and AMD FirePro V7900 -- more than doubling performance of competitive offerings in key professional market applications. Created for the design, engineering, financial, and medical fields, the new graphics cards offer AMD PowerTune and GeometryBoost technologies in addition to industry-recognized AMD Eyefinity multi-display support to enhance workflow and application performance.

"Today AMD FirePro, the industry's fastest growing line of professional graphics cards, gets even better with the introduction of the AMD FirePro V5900 and AMD FirePro V7900," said Rick Bergman, senior vice president and general manager, AMD. "From generation to generation of graphics performance, this success stems from our unwavering focus on the needs of the professional with a complete range of professional graphics solutions. AMD provides superior application performance matched with the workflow and productivity advantages of AMD Eyefinity technology -- this ultimately is the measure that matters to professionals today."

Dual 2560x1440 on FirePro V5900? 125a_thm.jpg

"Dell Precision workstations consistently raise the bar in scalable performance, helping our customers quickly bring their design, animation, scientific and engineering projects to life," said Greg Weir, director of Precision Workstation Product & ISV Marketing, Dell. "With the new AMD FirePro V5900 and AMD FirePro V7900 professional graphics, those customers will get the graphics performance, visualization and reliability they need to stay productive and work at the speed of thought."

Expansive Desktop Environment with AMD Eyefinity Technology
    AMD Eyefinity multi-display technology makes it possible to support up to six displays in one large workspace, allowing faster access to applications and enhanced productivity. With the introduction of the AMD FirePro V7900, which supports up to four displays, and AMD FirePro V5900, which supports up to three displays, engineers and designers have an expansive desktop space from which to see more data, open more applications and view more information at the same time; improving workflow and enabling increased productivity. Also, AMD Eyefinity technology is easy to deploy and offers the lowest total solution cost, for example, in three-display configurations.

Enhanced Performance with AMD PowerTune and GeometryBoost Technologies
    New for this generation of AMD FirePro products is AMD PowerTune technology. This state of the art power management technology provides direct control over GPU power usage. Applications enjoy ultimate performance with dynamic clock optimization, while minimizing workstation energy usage. Also new for this generation is GeometryBoost technology -- a unique hardware capability that processes two primitives per clock cycle. The result is incredibly fast geometry performance, ensuring smooth handling of complex models for CAD and DCC users. For example, CAD engineers can handle large models to efficiently complete tasks in real-world applications. The AMD FirePro V5900 and AMD FirePro V7900 also feature DisplayPort 1.2 and HDMI 1.4 support as well as a massive 2GB GDDR5 frame buffer.

AMD FirePro V7900 professional graphics cards feature four outputs from one card for a low total solution cost, enabling the ability to drive four independent displays from a single slot card. Additionally, this graphics card includes the ability to support framelock and genlock via the AMD FirePro S400 synchronization module as well as 3D stereo with the included expansion bracket.

AMD FirePro V5900 professional graphics cards deliver a mid-range high performance solution without exceeding 75W power draw with power saving techniques for reduced wattage. Coupled with AMD Eyefinity technology, the AMD FirePro V5900 supports three display outputs.

AMD FirePro products are tested on an on-going basis in real-world scenarios to help ensure compatibility and stability for certification with many leading software applications. AMD FirePro V5900 and AMD FirePro V7900 have received certification for a variety of Autodesk 2012 applications in addition to Ansys 13.0, Bentley Systems Microstation V8i, CEI EnSight 9.2.2b, CEI EnSight CFD 3.5, Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corp.'s SolidWorks 2010 and 2011 3D CAD software, ESRI ArcGIS 10, ESRI ArcGIS 9.3.1, and Side Effects Software Houdini 11.

With the AMD FirePro V7900 starting at $999 USD MSRP and AMD FirePro V5900 starting at $599 USD MSRP, both cards are available from professional graphics retailers worldwide.

For more information, visit the product pages of V5900 and V7900.

Images Courtesy: TechReport.

btarunr, May 6, 2020
Thema:

Dual 2560x1440 on FirePro V5900?

1. Dual 2560x1440 on FirePro V5900? - Similar Threads - Dual 2560x1440 FirePro

2. Black bar bug on 2560x1440 display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black bar bug on 2560x1440 display: [ATTACH] Hello, lately I've been having screen issue on 2560x1440 display. I'm using 2 display setup, both displays with different resolution (FullHD and QHD). Sometimes, when I drag&drop a window from FullHD to QHD, black bar appears on top part of the window. The black...
  3. New update took out the 2560x1440 resolution

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New update took out the 2560x1440 resolution: Before the latest windows update, i was perfectly able to use the 2560 resolution on my screen but now the option has disapppeared and it only reacher 1336x768. I want to know if this is a know error from the new update or if it is something that is wrong with my computer....
  4. Can't Change The Display Resolution to 2560x1440 144hz

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Change The Display Resolution to 2560x1440 144hz: Hey, i just got the samsung c27hg70 monitor and I want to change my display to fit it. When I click on control panel, it doesn't have a "adjust screen resolution" option. I do have an Nvidia 1080ti with nvidia control panel and tried to change it there, but it wouldn't change...
  5. Windows 10 Mouse delayed on 2560x1440 Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Mouse delayed on 2560x1440 Monitor: Hello, i got a problem with my setup as it is right now with one of my monitors. I got a double Monitor setup where one is 1920x1080 and the other is 2560x1440. On the 1920x1080 one there is no issue with the mouse and everything is fine, but when the mouse gets over on the...
  6. NVidia GeForce 780 Not Displaying at Native Resolution of 2560x1440

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    NVidia GeForce 780 Not Displaying at Native Resolution of 2560x1440: Hey all. For a few months now I've had a minor, but consistently annoying, problem. After a GeForce driver update in the middle of the year or thereabouts, my monitor refuses to display at native resolution. Whenever I use Driver Cleaner, upon relaunch it's back at native...
  7. Dual Boot

Dual Boot: Hi, I am have a Win10 and an XP box. I recently tried the XP drive in the box which to date has run Win10. XP booted wittout any issue and I spent some time to install the current system drivers and the system seems stable. So I'd now like to mount the two drives in the...
  8. Dual Boot

Dual Boot: Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone here has installed Fedora alongside Win 10 and how easy it actually is? I've done it before with Opensuse but I know yast don't play well with Windows. I've read that Fedora works great alongside Windows but I haven't tried to...
  9. dual booting

dual booting: Hi. I would like to dual booting windows 7 and windows 10. I would like install W10 on a second hd. Is that possible? My PC has an additional drive bay, which I would install W10. I really do not understand about the licensing agreement. How does not work? I am in the Insider...
  10. Dual Boot?

Dual Boot?: I don't want to lose my Windows 7 so I want to buy Windows 10 (Which way is the best way to buy it?) then put it on another hard drive and dual boot. My Windows 7 has a BIOS and Windows 10 uses UEFI so how can I use a dual boot? In my BIOS is say's "Legacy and BIOS" or just...