Windows 10: Dual Audio Device Issues

Discus and support Dual Audio Device Issues in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello all, I am trying to run audio to two separate devices and am having trouble getting it to work properly. Specifically, I am trying to run audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mr_Fargo_Guy, May 26, 2020.

1. Dual Audio Device Issues

Hello all, I am trying to run audio to two separate devices and am having trouble getting it to work properly. Specifically, I am trying to run audio to a headset and to an Elgato HD60 capture card.

I have a TurleBeach Recon 200 headset and I just got the Atlas Edge usb adapter so I can use the mic with the headset as well. When I had the headset plugged in a simple 3.5mm audio jack, I could get the audio to split to both sources, however now that I am using the USB adapter so that I can use the headset mic, it now only wants to play sound on one device or the other.

I have the Elgato set up on the Stereo Mix option under Recording in the sound settings and was using the headset as my default playback device, I tried switching it around as well - but my computer no longer puts sound to the whatever I have as the Stereo Mix Recording device. When I switch back to simply using the 3.5mm jack - everything works again.

I can't figure out for the life of me why it would stop working when I use the usb adapter. I have tried updating drivers, the good ol' on/off with everything, but I cannot get it to work. Does anyone have any ideas what is causing this issue?

submitted by /u/Mr_Fargo_Guy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Mr_Fargo_Guy, May 26, 2020

2. Audio device issue

Hi Venu,

Incompatible audio device drivers are known to operate against the method that Windows 10 follows. First, uninstall the audio driver, then follow these steps to resolve the issue:

• Right-click on the name of your PC at the top of the list of devices in
      Device Manager
    • Select Scan for hardware changes to reinstall the device driver, or download and install the latest version from the manufacturer’s website.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, May 26, 2020
  3. Audio device

Hi Rajamannar,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

This issue may occur due to the audio and display driver is out dated. Let’s try simple troubleshooting methods and check if it helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods information provided.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on Next button.
    If the issue still persist try the below steps:

Method 2.

I recommend you to update the audio driver and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Audio input and output and right click on it and
      update the driver.
    • For the video issues try the below method.
    Method 3.

Also I suggest you to update the display driver and let us know the status.

• Press Windows Key + R and type
      devmgmt.msc in the box and hit Enter.

• Locate and Expand the Display Adapter driver.

• Right Click on the Display Device.

• Click on update.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, May 26, 2020
  4. Jessen P Win User

Dual Audio Device Issues

Problem with audio devices

Hi Marcello,

I appreciate you for trying some steps in order to get the issue resolved.

If you're connecting to an audio device using USB or HDMI, you might need to set that device as the default.

Open Start, enter Sound, select it from the list of results, and then, on the
    Playback tab, select a device, then Set Default.

I would also suggest you to turn off Audio enhancements.

• Go to Start, enter Sound, and select Sound Control Panel
      from the list of results.

• On the Playback tab, right-click (or tap and hold) the
      Default Device and select Properties.

• On the Enhancements tab, select the Disable all enhancements
      check box and try to play your audio device.

• If that doesn't work, select Cancel and, on the Playback
      tab, select another default device (if you have one), select the Disable all enhancements check box, and try to play audio again. Do this for each default device.
    Please revert if you face any issues with Audio.

Thank you.

Jessen P, May 26, 2020
Thema:

Dual Audio Device Issues

1. Dual Audio Device Issues - Similar Threads - Dual Audio Device

2. Audio issues with Bluetooth connected devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio issues with Bluetooth connected devices: I have had this issue with many productsThose beings Beats Solo 3 and Samsung Airbuds.Basically anytime I try to use either of them for audio and mic they will not work.Not only that I have to go through a 10 minute process resetting things and even to the point of...
  3. Bluetooth Issue on my Audio Device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Issue on my Audio Device?: Hi...what the hell is going on with WIndows 11?? I have an annoying issue with my Audio Bluetooth device. I have Oppo, realme and the new one is Lenovo ANC Headphone. None of them was working after the Windows 11 update!!! the worst part is i cannot undo the update back to...
  4. Dual High Definition Audio Drivers, Audio Clarity Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual High Definition Audio Drivers, Audio Clarity Issue: My Windows 20H2 system has developed an audio problem - the sound becomes choppy and stuttering, sometimes unintelligible. On checking Device Manager, I found 2 HD Audio Drivers installed, one of which indicates a driver problem yellow triangle. I've tried uninstalling that...
  5. Bluetooth Hid Device Issue with Dual Sense Controller

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Hid Device Issue with Dual Sense Controller: I constantly have to restart my computer to fix its connection to my dual sense controller. I have Restarted and reinstalled windows. I have had this issue with a ps4 controller and it affected a whole other PC. It comes and doesnt go away without restarting windows or if I...
  6. Webcam Audio device issue

Webcam Audio device issue: I have a windows 10 2004 machine. and am trying to connect a webcam to the system but the system wont detect it's mic. It would show as "AC interface" in device manager with Code 10 error " Device cannot start ". I was getting the error in Skype as device is in use and in...
  7. PS4 Dual Shock remote not recognized as an audio device.

PS4 Dual Shock remote not recognized as an audio device.: I have two DS4 remotes, and the other was recognized as an audio device and worked fine, and even allowed a headset to be plugged into said remote to be used. However my newer one that I'm trying to use in favor of the other one does not, and I was wondering how I can get it...
  8. Audio Device Not Installed Issue

Audio Device Not Installed Issue: Earlier today without a windows update I may add my girlfriends laptop Lenovo Thinkpad Windows 10 had its audio go out and the error message always that there was no audio device installed. I tried uninstalling/updating audio drivers and found that there was an Intel Audio...
  9. Audio Issue - No audio output device installed

Audio Issue - No audio output device installed: no audio output device installed....how do I fix this problem ***Original Title: audio*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-issue-no-audio-output-device-installed/657a94d7-1778-48d7-a009-769b5bbd7808
  10. Issue with Audio Output Device

Issue with Audio Output Device: My Task Bar is on red and won't play sound. This issue appears since Windows update. Any Idea to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-with-audio-output-device/fed70ffd-4534-4b3a-9327-499f2eace86e