Windows 10: Dual boot 10 & 7 BIOS/UEFI possible issues

Discus and support Dual boot 10 & 7 BIOS/UEFI possible issues in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I dual boot to 2 different windows 7 installs. I have my primary for day to day stuff and the second install is for my DAW. I don't want to update the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by neveser, Jul 1, 2015.

1. neveser Win User

Dual boot 10 & 7 BIOS/UEFI possible issues

I dual boot to 2 different windows 7 installs. I have my primary for day to day stuff and the second install is for my DAW. I don't want to update the DAW to 10 because of the issues it may cause. I do want to update my primary install to 10. Can this be done or will I run into issues since the DAW install is BIOS?

My motherboard does have a Legacy and UEFI mode.

:)

neveser, Jul 1, 2015

2. Fall Creators update kills bootloader on dual boot systems

My system is a regular BIOS system, it is not UEFI. My current motherboard is UEFI capable, but since the dual boot configuration was originally Windows 7 & Kubuntu, I have kept it a BIOS system. Every single major upgrade has clobbered the dual boot configuration
    in one way or another: Win 7 => Win 8.0, Win 8.0 => Win 8.1, Win 8.1 => Win 10 version 1507, 1507 => 1511, 1511 => 1607, 1607 => 1703, & 1703 => 1709.

GaryMartin, Jul 1, 2015
  3. Fanesco Win User
    Dual boot screen

Hi, I have a chinese tablet Cube iwork 10. It comes with a UEFI and GPT system. AMI Motherboard. Originally brought Android and Windows 10, I deleted the Android sys. and reinstalled win 10. The first time, doing some configurations on the bios (UEFI)
    I got the boot: first the screen of American megatrends, AMI, and then, the windows 10 boot. I managed to eliminate the Cube boot in Chinese and the annoying dual boot android-Windows.

For this reason, I think that configuring the bios (UEFI) in this way is possible. Unfortunately I lost the configuration I achieved, and I was never able to get it again. I have reinstalled at least 6-7 times win 10 without the result I want.

The specific question is: How can I delete Windows boot manager or Windows boot loader code (s) to definitively remove the Cube Chinese logo and dual-boot Android-Windows option ???

In advance,

Thanks a lot!!

FE.

Fanesco, Jul 1, 2015
Thema:

Dual boot 10 & 7 BIOS/UEFI possible issues

1. Dual boot 10 & 7 BIOS/UEFI possible issues - Similar Threads - Dual boot BIOS

2. UEFI boot entry in BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UEFI boot entry in BIOS: Dell Inspiron 15 3515 Windows 10.In my Inspiron I have two internal SSDs, one came as standard and is 125 GB and I added my own 500 GB SSD. I cloned the smaller SSD to the larger one and by using BCDBOOT was able to chose which to boot from at startup. Both boot up just fine....
  3. UEFI boot entry in BIOS

in Windows 10 Customization
    UEFI boot entry in BIOS: Dell Inspiron 15 3515 Windows 10.In my Inspiron I have two internal SSDs, one came as standard and is 125 GB and I added my own 500 GB SSD. I cloned the smaller SSD to the larger one and by using BCDBOOT was able to chose which to boot from at startup. Both boot up just fine....
  4. Dual-booting Windows 10 and Windows 7 issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual-booting Windows 10 and Windows 7 issue: I have Windows 10 and Windows 7 both installed, in a dual-boot configuration, for app compatibility reasons. Win10 is installed on my primary SSD, Win7 on a partition of a larger hard disk. This worked fine until I had to reset my Windows 10 installation reset via cloud...
  5. Dual booting windows 10 and 7 issues.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual booting windows 10 and 7 issues.: Hi everyone, I'm dual booting windows 7 ultimate and windows 10 LTSC they are UEFI installs, I installed windows 7 first. When windows 7 was the last booted OS it will show the old black bootloader selecting windows 7 from there will work just fine, but selecting windows 10...
  6. 2 Windows 7 (dual boot) to 2 Windows 10 (dual boot): Is this possible?

2 Windows 7 (dual boot) to 2 Windows 10 (dual boot): Is this possible?: I have already checked that the process to upgrade my Win 7 Home Premium 32 bit laptop to the equivalent Win 10 runs smoothly keeping almost every application and all data perfect. The point is that I have a rather complex (for me) configuration in an HP system with two Win...
  7. Windows 10 Install UEFI and Windows 7 Dual boot Question

Windows 10 Install UEFI and Windows 7 Dual boot Question: Just wondering if I Install windows 10 on UEFI to my Samsung 950 Pro ssd,is there a way to keep my other 2 mbr partitions dual boot windows 7's on my pc and convert the 2 win 7's somehow to UEFI.Just wondering if it can be done or is my dual boot 7's gone. 72462
  8. BIOS and UEFI issue

BIOS and UEFI issue: I have a brand new Asus K555 laptop running core i5 5th gen. But though it is new, it seems to be running BIOS. It is old fashioned cursor less one. But it supports secure boot, GPT disk and it boots in CSM mode. So I think I can install UEFI. Please advise. Thank you 38752
  9. Problems dual booting Windows 7/10 (UEFI?)

Problems dual booting Windows 7/10 (UEFI?): Hi all, This is my situation: Running Windows 10 x64 on a UEFI-system. Trying to install Windows 7 x64 on a VHD for dual booting (such as in http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/win...8-using-a-vhd/) I running into troubles that I think are having to do with UEFI. Secure...
  10. Ubuntu Boot option still available in UEFI BIOS after Dual Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Ubuntu Boot option still available in UEFI BIOS after Dual Boot: Recently I played around with dual booting Linux Mint on my system. I decided that I would delete it for the present as I have other things to focus on. However, after deleting partitions and fixing my MBR to only boot windows my UEFI BIOS still has instances of Ubuntu as a...