Windows 10: Dual Boot: 2 different Windows 10

Discus and support Dual Boot: 2 different Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I am having a little bit of trouble and hoping you guys can help me out. I want to set up a dual boot with two different versions of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RazMan21, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Dual Boot: 2 different Windows 10

Hello everyone, I am having a little bit of trouble and hoping you guys can help me out. I want to set up a dual boot with two different versions of Windows 10. The first (and primary) would be the 2004 update with my primary C drive, the second would be a flash drive with Windows 1803 installed on it. However, I would still like to access files all from my Windows 2004 from my Windows 1803 (especially drivers, programs, games, and such). Also, I was hoping I could boot off of the flash drive and use programs and installations on the main C drive instead of reinstalling everything.

I have used Rufus to create a Windows to Go version of my Windows 1803 iso, but I am unable to access any of my files rendering it useless. The WIndows to Go also did not recognize my drivers or GPU. Any help would be much appreciated and cheers.

submitted by /u/RazMan21
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RazMan21, Jul 28, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Dual Booting with Windows 8.1

The procedure below will allow you to boot Windows separately or in dual boot configuration.
    Here's what I recommend to do:
    1. Disconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    2. Install Windows 10 with one drive connected.
    3. After step 2, reconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    4. Boot up Windows 8.1. Open disk management and take a note of the drive letter of Windows 10 OS.
      NOTE: if you boot up Windows 10, then take a note of Windows 8.1 drive letter
    5. Open Admin command prompt and type: bcdboot X:\windows where X: is the drive letter of Windows 10 (Windows 8.1 if you boot from Windows 10 in step 4)
    6. Reboot the PC. You should have a dual boot screen.

NOTE: To break off the dual boot setting, Win+R->msconfig->boot and delete the none default entry on the list.

topgundcp, Jul 28, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Dual Booting 2 x Windows 10 OS Drives (Existing Installs)

It is uneccessary to do all of the above.
    1. Boot up Windows 10
    2. Open Disk Management and take a note of the drive letter of the other Windows 10
    3. Open Admin Command Prompt and type: bcdboot X:\Windows where X is the drive letter noted in step 2
    4. Reboot, you should have a dual boot menu.

topgundcp, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Dual Boot: 2 different Windows 10

dual boot windows xp with uefi windows 10

Hi,

It definitely is possible to do a dual boot of Windows 10 with a older version of Windows. There are several steps involved to successfully achieve your objective. For us to resolve your concern, we suggest you follow the step by step process provided by
    Andre Da Costa in the article:
    How to dual boot Windows 10 and older versions of Windows

This covers installing different versions of Windows alongside Windows 10 in a dual boot environment. Take note though to backup any important files that you have before proceeding with any of the steps to prevent any data loss.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

Dual Boot: 2 different Windows 10

1. Dual Boot: 2 different Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Dual Boot different

2. Dual Booting with Different OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Booting with Different OS: Hi, I have got a workstation with preinstalled windows 11. I want to work on some softwares which run on Linux. Would it be possible for me to install Linux in the same workstation without loosing the windows 11 ? With dual booting is there a chance of loosing licensing an...
  3. Question about dual booting windows 10 on 2 different drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about dual booting windows 10 on 2 different drives: Say you already have windows (1) installed on drive 1. Later you install windows (2) on drive 2. Now windows boot manager will pop up to ask you which windows to load on each boot. What happens if drive 2 is disconnected. Will it automatically load windows 1 like windows 2...
  4. Dual Boot Windows 10 On Different Drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Boot Windows 10 On Different Drives: I would just like to get confirmation on whether it is possible or not to dual boot two Windows 10 installations on separate drives with the same boot manager. For information I have tried using bcdedit and EasyBCD, and it works flawlessly on two partitions on thesame...
  5. Dual Booting 2 different Windows 10 versions on 1 PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual Booting 2 different Windows 10 versions on 1 PC: I want to have another version of Windows 10 alongside the latest version that I am currently running now. Will this cause any issues? I've read that having two of the same OS in a dual boot is a bad idea. Since dual booting is usually only common with two different OS,...
  6. How to dual boot Windows 10 with 2 different hard drives?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to dual boot Windows 10 with 2 different hard drives?: Not sure if this is possible.. I have a new I5 Windows 10 desktop. Boots off a 500gig SSD drive and I installed a 2TB drive for additional space. Super fast runs great. I only use it for work. Minimal browsing, mostly excel type stuff. I have an older dell I5 that was...
  7. How to dual boot Windows 10 with 2 different hard drives?

How to dual boot Windows 10 with 2 different hard drives?: Not sure if this is possible.. I have a new I5 Windows 10 desktop. Boots off a 500gig SSD drive and I installed a 2TB drive for additional space. Super fast runs great. I only use it for work. Minimal browsing, mostly excel type stuff. I have an older dell I5 that was...
  8. 2 Windows 7 (dual boot) to 2 Windows 10 (dual boot): Is this possible?

2 Windows 7 (dual boot) to 2 Windows 10 (dual boot): Is this possible?: I have already checked that the process to upgrade my Win 7 Home Premium 32 bit laptop to the equivalent Win 10 runs smoothly keeping almost every application and all data perfect. The point is that I have a rather complex (for me) configuration in an HP system with two Win...
  9. Dual boot 2 copies of Windows 10

Dual boot 2 copies of Windows 10: Hi, Is it possible to dual boot 2 copies of Windows 10? I wanted to use one for daily use and one to test insider builds. Will there be any issues with activation if I run two different editions of Windows 10 on one PC. I have a full retail edition of Windows 7 Home...
  10. 2 x Windows 10, dual boot ?

2 x Windows 10, dual boot ?: Hello everyone, Just want to ask if it's possible to have 2 x Windows 10, dual boot. Would that be possible, at all ? If yes, could i rename one of them, or both, the way i want ? For example, when i select the OS, it should appear something like " Windows 10 gaming "...