Windows 10: Dual boot and time synchronization

Discus and support Dual boot and time synchronization in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; On my PC I've two OS: the main one, Windows 10, and the one I use for some university classes, Ubuntu. The whole setup is set up like this: If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gabryelos24, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Dual boot and time synchronization

On my PC I've two OS: the main one, Windows 10, and the one I use for some university classes, Ubuntu.

The whole setup is set up like this:

• If I want to use Windows, I simply turn on the PC, without entering the Boot menu, even if I was using Ubuntu;
    • If I want to use Ubuntu, I enter the Boot menu for selecting the SSD;

Until here there are not so many problems, but when I use Windows after Ubuntu, che clock shifts by an hour, so I've to manually synchronize everything repeatedly.

How can I solve this issue?

Thanks a lot

submitted by /u/gabryelos24
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gabryelos24, Mar 30, 2021
  2. topgundcp Win User

Dual Booting with Windows 8.1

The procedure below will allow you to boot Windows separately or in dual boot configuration.
    Here's what I recommend to do:
    1. Disconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    2. Install Windows 10 with one drive connected.
    3. After step 2, reconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    4. Boot up Windows 8.1. Open disk management and take a note of the drive letter of Windows 10 OS.
      NOTE: if you boot up Windows 10, then take a note of Windows 8.1 drive letter
    5. Open Admin command prompt and type: bcdboot X:\windows where X: is the drive letter of Windows 10 (Windows 8.1 if you boot from Windows 10 in step 4)
    6. Reboot the PC. You should have a dual boot screen.

NOTE: To break off the dual boot setting, Win+R->msconfig->boot and delete the none default entry on the list.

topgundcp, Mar 30, 2021
  3. Dual Booting

Please follow the steps in the tutorial for how to post the screenshot. I cannot even see Disk 0, 1 and 2 on the drive map, and the columns were not spread so i can see the labels in the listings above even though it lllustates how to do this.

As long as you don't have a UEFI install then you can move the boot loader to Windows 10 so that it manages the Dual Boot using it's menu, add the Dual Boot back from there. These same steps using EasyBCD should do it:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/209885-boo...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Mar 30, 2021
  4. Solaris17 Win User

Dual boot and time synchronization

Dual Boot?

I can help here iv had both i used partition magic to split my HDD and i installed vista on one and xp was already on the other only problem is id watch out if i were you for some reason vista does not like to dual boot iv seen this on a couple of my machines and my buddys. so step one have xp installed step 2 find a partitioner of your choice i dont know of any except partition magic and the one included on xp...only thing is i dont think the one on xp will even partition them...then pop in your vista DVD and select the drive of your choice....the only thing i can think of that causes vista to hate dual booting sooo much is that when their are 2 OS's installed xp uses its own prog to list them on boot well vista uses a totally diff boot loader than the previous os's and i think they conflict the problems i hade were the standard missing windows folder missing HAL.dll and the nt one dont remember the name.....that and after your done vista and boot into xp things didnt like to start correctly specially if you scan disk with vista.

Solaris17, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

Dual boot and time synchronization

1. Dual boot and time synchronization - Similar Threads - Dual boot synchronization

2. Time not synchronizing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time not synchronizing: Synchronizing with internet time server stopped working a few weeks ago in Windows 10. Doesn't matter the time server. I already set the w32time service to Automatic, started and unregistered and re-registered it, ran SFC, and everything else I see in the forums to try. I...
  3. Time not synchronizing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time not synchronizing: Synchronizing with internet time server stopped working a few weeks ago in Windows 10. Doesn't matter the time server. I already set the w32time service to Automatic, started and unregistered and re-registered it, ran SFC, and everything else I see in the forums to try. I...
  4. Time not synchronizing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Time synchronization failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time synchronization failed: So I'm trying to get my time synced but it fails all the time. I have tryed using cmd commands "w32tm" ect. I have tryed changing "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\w32time\Parameters" and I have tryed changing CMOS battery on my motherboard....
  6. Time won't synchronize

in Windows 10 Customization
    Time won't synchronize: My system time doesn't automatically sync anymore. Things to note: My BIOS time is set correctly Option to set time automatically is enabled. Option to automatically set time zone is enabled and it is set to the right zone. Choosing to "sync now" in time and date settings...
  7. Time Synchronization Failed

Time Synchronization Failed: Hi.. I'm having problem with the time setting. The time zone is already correct UTC+7 but the time is not correct even though I set time automatically. When I try to synchronize my clock, it always fails. I wonder what's wrong with my laptop. Could anybody help me please?...
  8. Dual boot time bug

Dual boot time bug: "My system is dual bootable, Ubuntu or Windows 10. Ubuntu shows the correct time. I think this rules out a bad cmos battery. Windows 10 always shows the wrong time. Location settings are correct, time zone settings are correct. When I select to keep time manually,...
  9. Dual boot time bug.

Dual boot time bug.: My system is dual bootable, Ubuntu or Windows 10. Ubuntu shows the correct time. I think this rules out a bad cmos battery. Windows 10 always shows the wrong time. Location settings are correct, time zone settings are correct. When I select to keep time manually,...
  10. Dual Monitors - Synchronizing Slideshow

Dual Monitors - Synchronizing Slideshow: Hi, Upgraded to Win 10 (from Win 7) on Friday, very impressed. The only problem I'm having is that I have two monitors operating in dual mode and previously used to run a slideshow as the background and the same photo was shown on both monitors. In windows 10 for some...