Windows 10: Dual boot corrupts windows

Discus and support Dual boot corrupts windows in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After i dual booted my computer with Windows 10 and Windows 7, every time I try to boot up to windows 10, it bluescreens and gives me the error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 0Hunt, Jun 17, 2021.

1. 0Hunt Win User

Dual boot corrupts windows

After i dual booted my computer with Windows 10 and Windows 7, every time I try to boot up to windows 10, it bluescreens and gives me the error "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO". When windows 7 was fresh, my windows 10 worked absolutely fine, but after i installed drivers for windows 7, 10 started giving be the bad config error and I don't know how to fix it. any help?If it helps, windows 10 and windows 7 were installed on 2 different 1TB hard drives. I also have a Dell Inspiron 3847.SpecsIntel Core i3-41708GB DDR3 Radeon R7 350X

:)

0Hunt, Jun 17, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 17, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Dual Booting with Windows 8.1

The procedure below will allow you to boot Windows separately or in dual boot configuration.
    Here's what I recommend to do:
    1. Disconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    2. Install Windows 10 with one drive connected.
    3. After step 2, reconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    4. Boot up Windows 8.1. Open disk management and take a note of the drive letter of Windows 10 OS.
      NOTE: if you boot up Windows 10, then take a note of Windows 8.1 drive letter
    5. Open Admin command prompt and type: bcdboot X:\windows where X: is the drive letter of Windows 10 (Windows 8.1 if you boot from Windows 10 in step 4)
    6. Reboot the PC. You should have a dual boot screen.

NOTE: To break off the dual boot setting, Win+R->msconfig->boot and delete the none default entry on the list.

topgundcp, Jun 17, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows Update 1809 dual boot now corrupt

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to do a dual boot after an update. To narrow down the cause we will require a few more information from you. Please reply to the following details:

• Which operating system was installed first?
    • Do you see any error message when you try to boot to Linux?
    • Are you able to see the Linux OS files in the partition?

You can check for the boot timeout option whether the time to boot to the default OS is changed to 0 seconds. To check that, please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold Windows + R key on the keyboard.
    2. Type msconfig and click on OK.
    3. Click on Boot tab.
    4. Under timeout if you see time as 0 seconds then, change the time to at least 10 seconds.
    5. Alternatively, you can check if Linux is listed or not.

Also, I suggest you to post a screenshot of Disk management with all the partitions.

Note: Make sure you don’t capture any personal information while taking screenshot.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Dual boot corrupts windows - Similar Threads - Dual boot corrupts

2. Windows dual boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows dual boot: My current laptop is a dell inspiron 3521 and it is about 12 years old nowit had come preinstalled with Windows 8.1 and all the drivers were working properlyafter moving to windows 10 my amd gpu hasn't ever workedCan i dual boot with windows 8.1 and windows 10 installedwill...
  3. Windows dual boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows dual boot: My current laptop is a dell inspiron 3521 and it is about 12 years old nowit had come preinstalled with Windows 8.1 and all the drivers were working properlyafter moving to windows 10 my amd gpu hasn't ever workedCan i dual boot with windows 8.1 and windows 10 installedwill...
  4. Windows Dual Boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Dual Boot: Hello, I wanted to upgrade my Windows 7 to Windows 10. This did not work at first so I set up a second drive and installed Windows 10 there. This worked fine. I then transferred all my files, etc... Then i wiped the Windows 7 Drive and used the EaseUS Partition Master...
  5. Windows Update 1809 dual boot now corrupt

Windows Update 1809 dual boot now corrupt: I just updated my laptop to version 1809, in the past 2 hours and I am dual booting linux and windows 10. I am now unable to boot into linux for some reason and all it says in my update history is the picture below, there is no update version. What has happened to my...
  6. Windows 10 Dual Boot - Scan Disk Corrupts OP and Startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Dual Boot - Scan Disk Corrupts OP and Startup: Iv been trying to understand what has been causing Boot Failing and Corruption on both windows 10 OP systems. I have 2 windows 10 pros with different keys installed on different ssd drives. I have work pc and a games pc set up however on booting from one OP System to the...
  7. Dual Boot System "Windows 10 on Volume ..." sequence is corrupt

Dual Boot System "Windows 10 on Volume ..." sequence is corrupt: Hi I have a Windows 10 Dual Boot System. When I boot up, I get the options: Windows 10 on Volume 2 Windows 10 on Volume 4 These are separate physical disks. The former (volume 2) is the default and is booting fine (touch wood). But right now, the install on volume 4...
  8. Dual Boot issues (Win7/10) and data corruption

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual Boot issues (Win7/10) and data corruption: I have a major problem and I'm hoping someone can help me figure out how to resolve it. Here's my environment: - I have Win7 installed on Drive 0 on a single partition (SSD); except for 100MB "system reserved" partition - I have Win10 installed on Drive 1, which has 3...
  9. Hard disk corruption with ten/seven dual boot

Hard disk corruption with ten/seven dual boot: I learned this the hard way: if you dual boot 7/10, turn off hybrid (fast) startup: How to instruct Windows 8 NOT to perform a fast shutdown? - Super User Otherwise it will corrupt your hard disks if you boot into the seven installation after shutting down from ten, as...
  10. Windows 10 update corrupted dual boot options

Windows 10 update corrupted dual boot options: When I first installed the Win 10 Preview, it set up a dual boot (actually triple boot, 3 OS's - Win 7, Win 8.1 and Win 10). One of the Win 10 updates corrupted it. I've tried to fix it by booting with all 3 OS install discs and running "bootrec.exe". Bootrec.exe...