Windows 10: Dual Boot: how to hide a drive from primary drive/OS

Discus and support Dual Boot: how to hide a drive from primary drive/OS in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a fairly powerful work laptop with lots of IT/admin software loaded. I am unable to install any of my own apps, so bought a second drive,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Aressem, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Dual Boot: how to hide a drive from primary drive/OS

I have a fairly powerful work laptop with lots of IT/admin software loaded. I am unable to install any of my own apps, so bought a second drive, installed my own copy of win10 and run dual boot. Everything was fine. I’m guessing work saw the second drive though and found a way to lock me out of my own drive. Windows refused to boot on my personal drive last night. I’ve reformatted and reinstalled windows and am now back up and running but am afraid if I load my work OS, they’ll see it and lock me out again.

Is there a way to disable or hide my personal drive from my work OS without having to physically open open my laptop and disconnect my personal drive?

Best regards.

submitted by /u/Aressem
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Aressem, Nov 22, 2019
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Clone OS to second hard drive to boot in case of primary drive failure

Yes, it will, if it has a FAT32 EFI System partition on it (for UEFI computers) and the BCD points to the OS partition on the drive.

NavyLCDR, Nov 22, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Dual Booting 2 x Windows 10 OS Drives (Existing Installs)

It is uneccessary to do all of the above.
    1. Boot up Windows 10
    2. Open Disk Management and take a note of the drive letter of the other Windows 10
    3. Open Admin Command Prompt and type: bcdboot X:\Windows where X is the drive letter noted in step 2
    4. Reboot, you should have a dual boot menu.

topgundcp, Nov 22, 2019
  4. Dual Boot: how to hide a drive from primary drive/OS

"c" drive issue after dual boot.!

dual boot with linux os. and "c" drive take 30 GB space for dual boot partition. in 100GB space of "C" Drive.

when i delete the dual boot linux os. and delete the partition of 30GB space but it's create problems like

100GB of "C" Drive after give the space 30GB to dual boot but it's has actually 100GB space of "C" Drive

when i remove the dual boot. the space of "C" Drive has 127Gb of space after removing dual boot. and give there space 30 GB to "C" Drive.

how it's fix because "C" Drive folder proprties take 30GB of space

and it's shows 127GB of total space of "C" Drive

c drive space issue, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

Dual Boot: how to hide a drive from primary drive/OS

1. Dual Boot: how to hide a drive from primary drive/OS - Similar Threads - Dual Boot hide

2. How to dual boot USB flash drive with Windows 10 OS and Setup.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to dual boot USB flash drive with Windows 10 OS and Setup.: I made 128 GB USB flash drive having installed Windows 10 on one partition and Windows 10 setup on the other partition. I added second partition to boot menu using RAM DISK script from your site.But how to make both partitions active instead of using command prompt, disk part...
  3. How to dual boot USB flash drive with Windows 10 OS and Setup.

in Windows 10 Support
    How to dual boot USB flash drive with Windows 10 OS and Setup.: I made 128 GB USB flash drive having installed Windows 10 on one partition and Windows 10 setup on the other partition. I added second partition to boot menu using RAM DISK script from your site.But how to make both partitions active instead of using command prompt, disk part...
  4. Unable to boot on primary drive after booting on another drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to boot on primary drive after booting on another drive: I stupidly caused a problem by booting into my old system drive while having my current primary system drive connected. First time trying to boot into my primary drive I got a "An attempt was made to execute an illegal instruction." error message after which windows attempted...
  5. Dual-Boots OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual-Boots OS: Hello, I am a Gamer Who is Having a Very Old PC bought at 2012 I am Using Windows 10, My PC Has 2GB RAM, and 2.8GHz Intel Pentium Processor. Windows 10 uses huge amount of ram, especially Windows Security Uses it. Normally, The Windows 10 Uses Half Of My RAM 47~60%...
  6. Primary drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Primary drive: After installing windows 10 from a usb stick (legal from microsoft) my desktop starts up from USB only. If i remove the stick, start up leaves me with a black screen. I want my desktop to start up from the intern HD. How to change that ?...
  7. Dual booting OS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dual booting OS: Hi, I would like to install dual booting windows 10, both OS in same hard disc. I would like to confirm that no issue to have partition C and D in both OS and no access from each other? Thanks, Ratna...
  8. How to Dual-Boot 2nd OS?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Dual-Boot 2nd OS?: This is more or less a project, seeing if I CAN do this successfully without messing up my Windows OS. I have 2 hard drives (both same 2 TB capacity); one is my main Windows 10 OS system, the other was/will-be intended for system-image/macrium-reflect backups in-case my main...
  9. How to hide drive from explorer without removing drive letter.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to hide drive from explorer without removing drive letter.: Hi. I just installed a small ssd drive to be used by a program as a temp drive. Now that i've set the app to use G: as temp drive, i do not need to interact with the drive again. Set it and forget it. So how do i hide the drive from explorer without breaking everything ?...
  10. Clone OS to second hard drive to boot in case of primary drive failure

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Clone OS to second hard drive to boot in case of primary drive failure: I've read up on creating dual boot setups, and for a while had a second system on a partition of my only hard drive. Gave that up as unwieldy and installed a second disk for backups. I propose to install a copy of my OS on the new disk as a partition. Couple of questions:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to hide dual boot drive