Windows 10: Dual Boot Last Drive Mounted

Discus and support Dual Boot Last Drive Mounted in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since I can not run Feedback Hub, I do not know why, I need to write it here hoping that some could help or it is Windows Bug. Before Fall Update, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dzigibau, Nov 18, 2017.

1. dzigibau Win User

Dual Boot Last Drive Mounted

Since I can not run Feedback Hub, I do not know why, I need to write it here hoping that some could help or it is Windows Bug.

Before Fall Update, I had very satisfying Dual Boot situation like this:

Disk 1 - Win 10 x32
    Disk 2 - Win 10 x64 (have to have both of them)

When I start computer, there is a blue screen where I can choose what to boot and then:

Scenario 1
    Finished work and Shut Down Win x32. After I turn on computer and choose from the menu to boot Disk 1, with Win x32, it would proceed WITHOUT restarting computer.

Scenario 2
    The same situation. If I finished work on Win x64, shut down computer, start it again and choose to boot Disk 2 with Win x64, it would proceed WITHOUT RESTART.

Now.
    If I finished work on Win x64 on Disk 2, shut down computer, start it again after a while, IT WILL ALWAYS RESTART computer and boot to Disk 2 and Win x64.

Yes, I did turn off Fast Start Up.

The question.
    Is it possible to shut down computer on one of disks, start it again, and if I choose the same Win I previously shut down, to be able to proceed to it WITHOUT restart. I think something is changed in shut down procedure and now it has some new sequence which makes my computer to restart whatever I choose. If it can be setup somewhere in settings, I can not find it where or it could be the new situation chosen by Microsoft which is really annoying. Since I want it as it was before Fall Update, can someone from Microsoft accept this bug announcement or to instruct me how to do it myself if possible.

Thank you.

:)

dzigibau, Nov 18, 2017

2. Windows 10 in mackbook pro need help to mount partations

Hello,

i have mack-book pro with OS X Yosemite and also instal a fresh windows 10 pro 64 bit .

this machine support dual boot so thats why both OS are in separate partitions but i have problem to mount GPT disk partition in windows 10 ... i tried with many partition manager software's but unable to mount or assign a drive latter in windows 10 .

in windows disk manager disk shows only 2 drives one for windows ntfs (GPT) and one is UN-parted .

but in AOMEI Partition Assistant Pro Edition 5.5 and others partition managers shows all drives but unable to mount . kindly help me .

yousaf majeed, Nov 18, 2017
  3. Romip Win User
    Windows 10 Pro - Antimalware Service Executable high CPU and DISK usage

No both cant call the same file the OS which you have booted into in a dual boot configuration will be the one which is scanned by default. it will setup the %sytemroot% variable which is used by programmes ( including windows itself) to determine
    the location of the operating systems partition. If you've booted into win10 then the system files required for win 10 will be loaded into memory for faster access the OS on the other partition will not be touched or scanned unless you manually configure
    defender to scan the other mounted drive. or drives

Romip, Nov 18, 2017
  4. Steve C Win User

I've just installed a multi-boot PC and this seems to be the way the Windows 10 boot menu works. The text based Windows 7 boot menu was better since the PC booted whichever OS was selected without going through a full restart cycle. This is what MS calls progress!

Steve C, Nov 19, 2017
Thema:

1. Dual Boot Last Drive Mounted - Similar Threads - Dual Boot Last

2. Dual Boot on Same Drive, different partitions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual Boot on Same Drive, different partitions: I have two partitions: -Partition One has Windows -Partition Two has a Linux Distro If i reinstall Windows on Partition One and opt to remove everything will it also include wiping Partition Two with the Linux Distro? submitted by /u/AlphaXexia [link] [comments]...
  3. Mounting all drives when booting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mounting all drives when booting: Hi, my problem is, that Windows mounts every drive when booting and each drive is taking maybe 2 seconds and i have 4 hdds other than system drive and one blu-ray drive. Some of them are drives, that shouldn't be visible by windows 10. For example two are linux, one is win7....
  4. Lost dual boot with two hard drives

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost dual boot with two hard drives: ***Modify title from: LOST dual booting function on TWO HD desktop and lost ability to run Win 10 PRO.*** Two HD Desktop was working fine and upon start-up showed option to run Win10 PRO (located on a 1 TB hard drive) or run Windows Vista Ultimate (located on another 1 TB...
  5. mount an ISO at boot?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    mount an ISO at boot?: Since we can boot to Command Prompt in Windows 10 is it possible to mount an ISO directly from that? Assume I didn't burn the ISO or load it to USB first. In my case System File Checker is asking for a drive letter to use as a reference file system. 46093
  6. Issue with Windows auto-mounting drives that shouldn't be mounted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issue with Windows auto-mounting drives that shouldn't be mounted: [img] You can see from the image above that random drives get drive letters assigned to them for no reason. In addition to that, I can't even remove the drive letters, unless I use diskpart, but then that doesn't stick between reboots. Any ideas? 41103
  7. Dual Boot without access to other drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Boot without access to other drive?: Hi What I would like to do is install two instances of windows 10 on one machine, each on its own ssd hard drive with a normal hard drive for data etc. However I do not want them to be able to access / see the other operating systems drive, thus creating two separate...
  8. Dual booting on seperate hard drives?

Dual booting on seperate hard drives?: Not sure where this was supposed to go sorry in advance, I want to dual boot windows 7 and windows 10 on 2 seperate hard drives is it possible? 16808
  9. Dual booting with 2 seperate hard drives

Dual booting with 2 seperate hard drives: Hi, have hp laptop in which I have installed seperately 2 hard drive which runs Windows 10 Proff. And Windows 7 Proff. These have to be installed to the same bay, independently, when they will be recognised. Recently I obtained another dvd drive bay in which I installed the...
  10. Dual Boot with GPT and MBR Drives?

Dual Boot with GPT and MBR Drives?: Can I have both a GPT and MBR formatted drives on a dual boot system? I would like to retain my Win 7 installation as is with MBR formatted hard drive, and after the Win 8.1 to Win 10 upgrade, do a clean Win 10 install with GPT (UEFI) format. 8859