Windows 10: Dual Boot Menu missing after data migration

Discus and support Dual Boot Menu missing after data migration in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Community, I migrated two systems W8.1 and W10 from two different HDDs onto two SSDs. The systems start well individually but I have to enter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sayed3, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Sayed3 Win User

Dual Boot Menu missing after data migration

[COLOR=rgba69, 69, 69, 1]Hello Community,[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba69, 69, 69, 1]I migrated two systems W8.1 and W10 from two different HDDs onto two SSDs. The systems start well individually but I have to enter the BIOS to choose either one of them. Prior to the data migration, I had the dual boot function straight upon startup. Now it is gone. Question: would EasyBCD help retrieving that dual boot screen upon computer startup knowing that the OS are on two different SSDs?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba69, 69, 69, 1][/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba69, 69, 69, 1]Thanks.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba69, 69, 69, 1]Sayed[/COLOR]

:)

Sayed3, Apr 7, 2021

2. Boot Menu

Hi Harieo,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Refer the thread below and check if it helps.

How to restore missing dual boot menu in latest Windows 10 build

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• While at boot on the Choose an operating system screen, click/tap on
      Change defaults or choose other options at the bottom.
    • Click/tap on Choose other options.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Apr 7, 2021
  3. Jelu Cal Win User
    Win7 / Win10 dual boot only boots to Win10

Hi,

This can be due to the changes made on the Windows operating system. To fix this, we recommend to check the

steps
    posted by Andre Da Costa on how to restore missing dual boot menu.

Let us know how it goes after you've performed the steps.

Jelu Cal, Apr 7, 2021
  4. Solaris17 Win User

Dual Boot?

I can help here iv had both i used partition magic to split my HDD and i installed vista on one and xp was already on the other only problem is id watch out if i were you for some reason vista does not like to dual boot iv seen this on a couple of my machines and my buddys. so step one have xp installed step 2 find a partitioner of your choice i dont know of any except partition magic and the one included on xp...only thing is i dont think the one on xp will even partition them...then pop in your vista DVD and select the drive of your choice....the only thing i can think of that causes vista to hate dual booting sooo much is that when their are 2 OS's installed xp uses its own prog to list them on boot well vista uses a totally diff boot loader than the previous os's and i think they conflict the problems i hade were the standard missing windows folder missing HAL.dll and the nt one dont remember the name.....that and after your done vista and boot into xp things didnt like to start correctly specially if you scan disk with vista.

Solaris17, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Dual Boot Menu missing after data migration - Similar Threads - Dual Boot Menu

2. Can't Access BIOS or Boot Menu After Dual-Booting Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Access BIOS or Boot Menu After Dual-Booting Ubuntu: Hey everyone,Uh oh, my dual-boot adventure didn't go quite as planned! I tried installing Ubuntu alongside Windows 10 on my laptop, but now I'm facing a triple whammy of problems: my BIOS isn't responding, the boot menu is nowhere to be found, and it looks like my Windows...
  3. missing files after migration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    missing files after migration: i just migrated from a hdd to a ssd, files, os, everything, but a lot of my files are missing just empty folders. i have tried looking for hidden files but they still arent there. it also still says that the space is taken up on the drive where the files should be Game files,...
  4. missing files after migration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    missing files after migration: i just migrated from a hdd to a ssd, files, os, everything, but a lot of my files are missing just empty folders. i have tried looking for hidden files but they still arent there. it also still says that the space is taken up on the drive where the files should be Game files,...
  5. Dual Boot Installation, & Migration

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Boot Installation, & Migration: Greetings, my username is and I used to be a member of the seven forums and this one as well. This serves as my first post given it must have been a long time since I posted and my account is no longer on here. The reason for this post is I have a new M.2 disk, and my OS is...
  6. Dual Boot Missing Files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Boot Missing Files: I have a dual boot system (WIndows 10 and Hyper-V 2016) I use the Hyper-V for development in a virtual environment and Window 10 for gaming. Each of the operating systems are on separate hard drives. I also have two RAID 10 arrays that I use for storing virtual machines...
  7. Dual boot no option menu

Dual boot no option menu: I'm currently running ver 14393 (32) and tried installing 14986 (insider) on a partition. The install went ok but the installed version had some problems: repeated BSODs and really slow response. The hard part was getting back to my working version. I thought there was a boot...
  8. Dual Boot Option Missing

Dual Boot Option Missing: It was there - options for booting into Win7 or Technical Preview. The 'time to display....' is set at 30 seconds but only Win7 is showing. Any thoughts appreciated - regards. 3716
  9. Dual Boot No Boot Menu

Dual Boot No Boot Menu: Ladies and Gentlemen I am in a new arena and need some help. I have been in the INI and BCD Arena but not the EFI MBR. I decided to go with a new motherboard and AMD RYZEN CPU. I set up the new system and moved my hard drives with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and Windows 8.1 Pro...
  10. No dual boot menu at all?!

No dual boot menu at all?!: Hello, ] I recently (clean) installed Windows 10 on a new SSD. Windows 7 resides on my first drive. 1) I first set the USB to boot from; 2) Began to install Windows 10; 3) First snare: upon first reboot, after removing the USB, the system just started my old...