Windows 10: Dual Boot No Boot Menu

Discus and support Dual Boot No Boot Menu in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ladies and Gentlemen I am in a new arena and need some help. I have been in the INI and BCD Arena but not the EFI MBR. I decided to go with a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Clockman, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Clockman Win User

Dual Boot No Boot Menu

Ladies and Gentlemen
    I am in a new arena and need some help. I have been in the INI and BCD Arena but not the EFI MBR.
    I decided to go with a new motherboard and AMD RYZEN CPU. I set up the new system and moved my hard drives with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit. The system booted up and the courser jumped several places on the monitor as it booted. No boot menu appeared but the system booted up to Windows 10 (default Boot) no problems. After the system was stable new drivers etc. I began to search for a way to get the boot menu to work. Since the boot menu was not appearing, I decided to let the Windows 8 disk repair the boot setup. No luck with start up repair. I then decided to refresh the drive, no luck (Drive Locked). Next I decided to install Windows 8 on the same partition.
    When I started the install for 8, I got the message Windows cannot be installed to this Disc. The selected disk has an MBR partition table on EFI system, Windows can only be installed to GPT Disk.
    Not knowing what to look for, I decided to post this on web.
    Any Help, Suggestion we be appreciated.

:)

Clockman, Dec 16, 2017

2. Teclast tbook restore dual boot menu

"Teclast tbook 16 power" after windows updates, the dual boot menu gone. How to restore the dual boot menu and boot into android. Thanks.

danielLAM98, Dec 16, 2017
  3. MikeSnyder61704, Dec 16, 2017
  4. budi Win User

Dual Boot No Boot Menu

5. Clockman Win User
    I don't know what is going on with the MBR's. I know that Windows 8 will not install on the partition that it was on with the old MoBo. I now have moved Windows 8 to a second hard drive and with the partition blank, cannot create a partition with Win 8. I still get the message that Windows 8 cannot install on a EFI only will install on a GPT MBR.

Clockman, Dec 18, 2017
  6. budi Win User
    because

Cannot clean install windows onto MBR partition with the
    installation that has booted out of UEFI / GPT partition

Cannot clean install windows onto GPT partition with the
    installation that has booted out of MBR partition

Get RUFUS, make bootable Windows installer with GPT partition (3rd selection), need product key prepared windows installation ISO.

Check your computer BIOS, F2 or other F# varies slightly it depends.
    Go to 'boot' tab
    Inspect whether or not there's EFI boot option

start normally

if there's EFI and want to utilize it:

Need gdisk32 (or 64).exe or ,
    for convenient usage use paid 3rd party software, such as EaseUs Partition master
    in order to convert to GPT par.

back to bios pick the EFI boot and USB flash boot option enable
    install windows to a just-converted-to-GPT partition

7. Tony K Win User
    Hello, @ Clockman. Welcome to Windows TenForums.

Asus board here as well with a UEFI BIOS. What you’re attempting to do will not work, for your drive is formatted with an MBR scheme, which will only boot your 10, but demands a GPT scheme to run under UEFI properly. You’ll need to wipe the disk and start over. Here’s a few ways to achieve that:

DISKPART - How to Partition GPT disk Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Dual Boot Windows 10 with Windows 7 or Windows 8 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Tony K, Dec 18, 2017
  8. Clockman Win User

Dual Boot No Boot Menu

CASE CLOSED
    I tried to work with UEFI Using Dual-Boot Repair, because Windows 8 gave me the error that it could not install on a EFI Disc. After trying to find out the problem, I gave up and just decided to try something else. That something was EasyBCD. Using EasyBCD I erased all the Boot data in the BCD boot file and let it search for all Windows that I could boot from. EasyBCD found the following Windows 10 and Windows 8. I saved the boot configuration and restarted the computer and I had a boot menu with both 10 & 8 listed. I selected 8 and after installing what it needed to start up the desk top for Windows 8 appeared.
    Then the unexpected happened. It smell worse than a rotten EGG in you computer room.

Dual Boot No Boot Menu [​IMG]

I hope you can read the above.

Clockman, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Dual Boot No Boot Menu

1. Dual Boot No Boot Menu - Similar Threads - Dual Boot Boot

2. dual boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    dual boot: how do i remove a dual boot to make it single boot system w/Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-boot/1f4d89b9-3e50-4e91-97b5-f8589935661c
  3. Dual Booting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Booting: I have Windows 10 set in msconfig as my default operating system. When I turn on the computer I get the black Boot Manager screen and if I want Windows 7 I have to use the up arrow and hit enter. my question is how do you get that blue screen with both operating systems in a...
  4. dual boot menu and gnu grub

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    dual boot menu and gnu grub: in windows 10 i got only one os (that is win 10 ) and i still see dual boot menu and when i open my pc it starts from gnu grub please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-boot-menu-and-gnu-grub/e73f0933-cd9e-4cd5-9936-e6d3c3851390"
  5. Dual boot no option menu

Dual boot no option menu: I'm currently running ver 14393 (32) and tried installing 14986 (insider) on a partition. The install went ok but the installed version had some problems: repeated BSODs and really slow response. The hard part was getting back to my working version. I thought there was a boot...
  6. graphical style dual boot menu

graphical style dual boot menu: Hi , I have a dual boot system ( windows 10 (1st default), windows 8.1 (2nd)) . The dual boot menu in windows 10 is graphical style but in windows 8.1 is classic , black-white line style . How can fix it , in order to have graphical mode both ? i don't like classic line...
  7. No dual boot menu at all?!

No dual boot menu at all?!: Hello, ] I recently (clean) installed Windows 10 on a new SSD. Windows 7 resides on my first drive. 1) I first set the USB to boot from; 2) Began to install Windows 10; 3) First snare: upon first reboot, after removing the USB, the system just started my old...
  8. Strange Dual-Boot Menu Problem

Strange Dual-Boot Menu Problem: I have a dual-boot problem. My desktop PC has two harddrives, Drive 0 and Drive 1. Drive 0 (my primary boot drive) has a single partition containing Windows 10 on Drive C:. Drive 1 has two partitions: a 100MB System Reserved partition containing the MBR, etc., and a large...
  9. Dual Boot

Dual Boot: This is a two part question, and please note I do not have Win10 myself. In fact I do not have direct access to the computer I am talking about although I do have the full technical details of it, including all drivers, etc. Firstly, If Win10 is already installed on a...
  10. No boot menu on dual boot WIn8.1↔10

No boot menu on dual boot WIn8.1↔10: HIYAS I have installed Win10 on secondary partition while keeping Windows 8.1 as primary. Everything went fine, after few reboots Win 10 was ready to use. After setting up things I rebooted, In boot manager I have two entries - Windows 10 as default - Windows 8.1 I choose...