Windows 10: Dual boot not working [Menu and advanced options]

Discus and support Dual boot not working [Menu and advanced options] in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Good morning / evening everyone i have windows and kali linux installed on my machine , when i first installed kali , there was a problem and it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FadyFroukh, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Dual boot not working [Menu and advanced options]

Good morning / evening everyone
    i have windows and kali linux installed on my machine , when i first installed kali , there was a problem and it's that kali didn't appear in the dual boot menu , only windows 10 did , i solved this issue by booting into windows then going to advanced options then i choose kali when ever i want to work on it , yesterday i took another 200GB's from my hard drive by shrinking it , after that i tried to boot kali linux by going to advanced options , it wasn't there anymore , i don't why
    is it because i shrank the HDD again ?
    i really need to boot into kali linux all my school work is on it
    NOTE: was this enough info?

:)

FadyFroukh, Mar 31, 2021
  2. Ztruker Win User

Advanced Boot Options Menu (Choose an option)

The same trick from Windows 8/8.1 still works in 10.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Click on Start, click the power icon at the top of the Start Menu.
    Hold down Shift and click on Restart.

Dual boot not working [Menu and advanced options] [​IMG]

You will boot to the Choose an option menu.

Click Troubleshoot

Click Advanced Options

Found this while trying to delete C:\Windows.old. Booting to a Command Prompt allowed me to use

D:
    rd /s Windows.old

Had to find the boot drive first though which turned out to be D:

Ztruker, Mar 31, 2021
  3. Boot Menu

Hi Harieo,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Refer the thread below and check if it helps.

How to restore missing dual boot menu in latest Windows 10 build

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• While at boot on the Choose an operating system screen, click/tap on
      Change defaults or choose other options at the bottom.
    • Click/tap on Choose other options.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Mar 31, 2021
  4. Naki Win User

Dual boot not working [Menu and advanced options]

Feature suggestions - move to proper menus, add Options window

Suggestions:
    1) Remove main menus from top left menu (system menu) and move them to a standard Windows menu, at the top.
    Leave the 6 system menu items (Restore --- Close) in system menu, move all the rest to that standard main menu. The main menu can be auto-hidable - pressing Alt key to invoke it or hide it, similar to the way IE11 menus and many Windows 10 built-in apps' menus work.

2) And/or, add an Options menu or button, which would invoke a separate screen with GPU-Z Options, similar to how most Windows apps work.
    Most Windows apps have a separate Options screen, which GPU-Z lacks - one should be added.

Thanks in advance for listening!

Thema:

Dual boot not working [Menu and advanced options]

1. Dual boot not working [Menu and advanced options] - Similar Threads - Dual boot working

2. Dual boot option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual boot option: Hello sir, i have a dual boot os on my windows 10 and i already delete the other one using msconfig option, Now i want to bring back the dual boot option again.. Is it possible?...
  3. Logging in to an Advanced Boot Options Menu Recovery Tool

Logging in to an Advanced Boot Options Menu Recovery Tool: After upgrading my Mother's laptop to Windows 10 Home, I replaced much of her Windows 8 Recovery partition with the "media" files from a WinPE recovery USB boot-drive - which I created after downloading the Windows ADK and PE files:...
  4. Logging in to an Advanced Boot Options Menu Recovery Tool

Logging in to an Advanced Boot Options Menu Recovery Tool: After upgrading my Mother's laptop to Windows 10 Home, I replaced much of her Windows 8 Recovery partition with the "media" files from a WinPE recovery USB boot-drive - which I created after downloading the Windows ADK and PE files:...
  5. Where can I get the advanced boot options menu?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Where can I get the advanced boot options menu?: When I boot up I get a message that says, system configuration did not initialize, another instance is running. When I tried to back up my computer everything backed up except system configuration files and folders....
  6. Dual boot no option menu

Dual boot no option menu: I'm currently running ver 14393 (32) and tried installing 14986 (insider) on a partition. The install went ok but the installed version had some problems: repeated BSODs and really slow response. The hard part was getting back to my working version. I thought there was a boot...
  7. Advance boot options empty

in Windows 10 Support
    Advance boot options empty: I installed Windows 10 Education edition via USB(not an upgrade). Whenever I try to go into the advanced boot menu by holding shift and clicking on restart, the only option I am given is "Turn off your PC". I have formatted and reflashed my computer with an latest windows iso...
  8. Dual Boot No Boot Menu

Dual Boot No Boot Menu: Ladies and Gentlemen I am in a new arena and need some help. I have been in the INI and BCD Arena but not the EFI MBR. I decided to go with a new motherboard and AMD RYZEN CPU. I set up the new system and moved my hard drives with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and Windows 8.1 Pro...
  9. Advanced Option oddity, and Boot Menu text weird change

Advanced Option oddity, and Boot Menu text weird change: Hi, it's over a month since I updated to Win 10, so Windows.old has been duly deleted. I happened to do a SHIFT restart, and in the Advanced Options, noted an option sthg like 'Revert to previous build' Well, if Windows.old was still there, I could understand that.....
  10. Advanced Boot Options Menu (Choose an option)

in Windows 10 Support
    Advanced Boot Options Menu (Choose an option): The same trick from Windows 8/8.1 still works in 10. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html Click on Start, click the power icon at the top of the Start Menu. Hold down Shift and click on Restart. [img] You will boot to the Choose an option...