Windows 10: Dual Boot on Same Drive, different partitions

Discus and support Dual Boot on Same Drive, different partitions in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have two partitions: -Partition One has Windows -Partition Two has a Linux Distro If i reinstall Windows on Partition One and opt to remove... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AlphaXexia, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Dual Boot on Same Drive, different partitions

I have two partitions:
    -Partition One has Windows
    -Partition Two has a Linux Distro
    If i reinstall Windows on Partition One and opt to remove everything will it also include wiping Partition Two with the Linux Distro?

submitted by /u/AlphaXexia
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AlphaXexia, Jul 29, 2020

2. Dual booting Windows 8.1 and 10 on the same drive, but different partition

I have windows 8.1 and wish to dual boot with windows 10. Both would be on the same hard drive, just different partitions. I know that I can select the boot order in my BIOS, am I missing anything, or am I on track?

RODNEYCLEM, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    Dual Boot?

I can help here iv had both i used partition magic to split my HDD and i installed vista on one and xp was already on the other only problem is id watch out if i were you for some reason vista does not like to dual boot iv seen this on a couple of my machines and my buddys. so step one have xp installed step 2 find a partitioner of your choice i dont know of any except partition magic and the one included on xp...only thing is i dont think the one on xp will even partition them...then pop in your vista DVD and select the drive of your choice....the only thing i can think of that causes vista to hate dual booting sooo much is that when their are 2 OS's installed xp uses its own prog to list them on boot well vista uses a totally diff boot loader than the previous os's and i think they conflict the problems i hade were the standard missing windows folder missing HAL.dll and the nt one dont remember the name.....that and after your done vista and boot into xp things didnt like to start correctly specially if you scan disk with vista.

Solaris17, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Dual Boot on Same Drive, different partitions

Ashwin V S, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Dual Boot on Same Drive, different partitions

1. Dual Boot on Same Drive, different partitions - Similar Threads - Dual Boot Same

2. Dual Booting with Different OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Booting with Different OS: Hi, I have got a workstation with preinstalled windows 11. I want to work on some softwares which run on Linux. Would it be possible for me to install Linux in the same workstation without loosing the windows 11 ? With dual booting is there a chance of loosing licensing an...
  3. Dual boot Win10 and Win11 on same SSD, different partitions possible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual boot Win10 and Win11 on same SSD, different partitions possible?: Hi,I HATE Win11, yea, REALLY, but it runs my 3D-CAD software faster Alder Lake, so i though i would make a work-boot with Win11 and then keep the Win10 for everything else. Is this possible? Reading about people getting problems with their product keys. Will i also need 2...
  4. Dual boot Win10 and Win11 on same SSD, different partitions possible?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual boot Win10 and Win11 on same SSD, different partitions possible?: Hi,I HATE Win11, yea, REALLY, but it runs my 3D-CAD software faster Alder Lake, so i though i would make a work-boot with Win11 and then keep the Win10 for everything else. Is this possible? Reading about people getting problems with their product keys. Will i also need 2...
  5. How to dual boot from the same ssd but different partitions in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to dual boot from the same ssd but different partitions in Windows 10: Hi, On my notebook I had an installation of Windows 8.1 for work on drive C: and an installation of Windows 10 on drive D: for private use. Now I upgraded the Windows 8.1 version to Windows 10 and now when the notebook boot's up the option to choose the Windows version...
  6. Can Windows access a different partition on the same drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can Windows access a different partition on the same drive?: Does Windows support accessing a second partition on the same drive where Windows is installed? Ie. if Windows is installed on a 150GB partition on a 1TB SSD, can Windows access a second partition on the 1TB SSD? submitted by /u/eriqable [link] [comments]...
  7. Dual Boot Windows 10 On Different Drives

Dual Boot Windows 10 On Different Drives: I would just like to get confirmation on whether it is possible or not to dual boot two Windows 10 installations on separate drives with the same boot manager. For information I have tried using bcdedit and EasyBCD, and it works flawlessly on two partitions on thesame...
  8. Win10 Dual Boot Different Hard Drives?

Win10 Dual Boot Different Hard Drives?: Hi all, I have two seperate SSDs and I would like to install two seperate win10 for dual boot. I do not want to parition part of one hard drive and have both windows on one ssd. Ive tried searching but can only find articles on dual boot seperate ssd with Windows and linux....
  9. Dual-booting the same system image in two partitions of the same SSD

Dual-booting the same system image in two partitions of the same SSD: Hi all! My laptop currently has two partitions: the Primary one & one storing files. Due to work, I'd like to create a new partition & install exactly the same image as on my Primary drive, which I'll tweak over time. My Windows is OEM, as it was installed by the...
  10. Dual Boot Windows 10 Two Different Drives

Dual Boot Windows 10 Two Different Drives: Hello, I'm running Windows 10 (1803) on a HDD (in a laptop). I used the Windows 10 Media-Creation Tool (running from this HDD) to create a bootable installation-USB. I just installed a PCIe SSD, booted from the USB, and tried to install Windows 10 (1903) onto the SSD. The...