Windows 10: Dual boot option will not work,, tried all the search results

Discus and support Dual boot option will not work,, tried all the search results in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello All,I ran windows 7 until a few weeks ago, all good..I installed windows 10 on a separate SSD drive in my system and the dual boot worked as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by chris21224, Aug 19, 2022.

1. Dual boot option will not work,, tried all the search results

Hello All,I ran windows 7 until a few weeks ago, all good..I installed windows 10 on a separate SSD drive in my system and the dual boot worked as designed.My windows 10 was giving me huge headaches, setting search feature wot not work, so i reinstalled windows 10 via USB.After this second install, I can not dual boot. Windows 7, all of it files are sill on its own SSD.window 10 and all of its files are on the second ssd. While in 10, no cure/patch would allow windows 7 to show in any prompt, boot manager etc.I booted to bios and disabled UEFI boot mode and now it boots to 7 only and I c

:)

chris21224, Aug 19, 2022
  2. Josef Bri Win User

Re: All boot options are tried...

Hi Elda,

If the boot sequence didn't work, then we suggest try running the laptop in safe mode. To do this, here's a few steps to follow:

• Power down your laptop.
    • Turn it back on again.
    • When you turn it back on, press F8 repeatedly until the power on option appeared.
    • If you see the boot option "Safe Mode with Networking", choose that option.
    • See if you can boot up in Safe mode.

We'll look forward to your response.

Josef Bri, Aug 19, 2022
  3. Unable to see Dual Boot option

Hi David,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the OS to default and check if it helps:

• Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.
    • Type msconfig and hit Enter.
    • Click on the Boot tab.
    • Select the OS from the list and click on the Set as default.
    Reference: Refer to the following Wiki article created by J W Stuart on
    How to dual boot Windows 7 and Windows 10 Preview.

Redirecting

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Aug 19, 2022
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Dual boot option will not work,, tried all the search results

Turn Off Web Search Results When Searching My Computer

Hi,

If you are pertaining to the Cortana search web results, you can disable it and improve local search results. Follow the steps below to disable web results:

• Click the search bar.
    • Select the Notebook icon on the left pane of the search bar.
    • From the options, select Settings. (Note: On the later versions of Windows, the Settings button might be outside the Notebook icon.)
    • On the Settings, toggle the Cortana gives me suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option to
      Off.
    • On the lower part, turn off the Search online and included web results option as well.

See the image as reference to the above steps:

Dual boot option will not work,, tried all the search results 7c9e0858-2114-462b-b171-63b6e7d3089d.jpg

After doing the steps, try using search again and see if the web results will now disappear.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post your query anytime.

Anne Ros, Aug 19, 2022
Thema:

Dual boot option will not work,, tried all the search results

1. Dual boot option will not work,, tried all the search results - Similar Threads - Dual boot option

2. Dual boot option will not work,, tried all the search results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual boot option will not work,, tried all the search results: Hello All,I ran windows 7 until a few weeks ago, all good..I installed windows 10 on a separate SSD drive in my system and the dual boot worked as designed.My windows 10 was giving me huge headaches, setting search feature wot not work, so i reinstalled windows 10 via...
  3. Dual boot option will not work,, tried all the search results

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual boot option will not work,, tried all the search results: Hello All,I ran windows 7 until a few weeks ago, all good..I installed windows 10 on a separate SSD drive in my system and the dual boot worked as designed.My windows 10 was giving me huge headaches, setting search feature wot not work, so i reinstalled windows 10 via...
  4. Search Result is Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Result is Not Working: Hi,I recently upgraded my OS to Windows 11. I tried searching my file using its file name and it's not showing the results even I'm just searching inside its folder. I tried the following troubleshooting:1. Run indexer troubleshooter2. Choose Enhance instead of Classic3....
  5. Search Result is Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Result is Not Working: Hi,I recently upgraded my OS to Windows 11. I tried searching my file using its file name and it's not showing the results even I'm just searching inside its folder. I tried the following troubleshooting:1. Run indexer troubleshooter2. Choose Enhance instead of Classic3....
  6. Dual boot option

Dual boot option: Hello sir, i have a dual boot os on my windows 10 and i already delete the other one using msconfig option, Now i want to bring back the dual boot option again.. Is it possible?...
  7. All boot options are tried

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All boot options are tried: Hello! I was recently attempting to fix errors on my disk so I could download a new program. When I ran the check and started the process, everything looked fine.A few hours later, I am alerted that there was an issue starting, I simply told it to restart, and I went to...
  8. Dual boot not working [Menu and advanced options]

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual boot not working [Menu and advanced options]: Good morning / evening everyone i have windows and kali linux installed on my machine , when i first installed kali , there was a problem and it's that kali didn't appear in the dual boot menu , only windows 10 did , i solved this issue by booting into windows then going to...
  9. “All boot options are tried.” Boot error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    “All boot options are tried.” Boot error: Hi, I have a Sumsung laptop running Windows 10. Today when I try to boot it up it displayed a message: “All boot options are tried. Press <F4> key to recover with factory image using Recovery or any keys for next boot loop iteration.” What does this mean and what should I...
  10. Dual boot no option menu

Dual boot no option menu: I'm currently running ver 14393 (32) and tried installing 14986 (insider) on a partition. The install went ok but the installed version had some problems: repeated BSODs and really slow response. The hard part was getting back to my working version. I thought there was a boot...