Windows 10: DUAL BOOT PROBLEM - Mint+W10

Discus and support DUAL BOOT PROBLEM - Mint+W10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have Linux Mint 19 installed in legacy mode, I wanted to dual boot with Windows 10 (I would install it later to recover the grub), but my pendrive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RedditexplorerF, Aug 18, 2020.

1. DUAL BOOT PROBLEM - Mint+W10

I have Linux Mint 19 installed in legacy mode, I wanted to dual boot with Windows 10 (I would install it later to recover the grub), but my pendrive will only boot in UEFI and Mint will not. I was wondering if it is possible to do a dual boot without any bootloader, like keeping Linux in legacy and installing W10 in UEFI, and when I wanted one of the OS I select in the BIOS its respective boot mode? I know you could also put everything in UEFI but everything is already set up.

submitted by /u/RedditexplorerF
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RedditexplorerF, Aug 18, 2020

2. Dual Boot Windows 10 & Linux Mint

We are volunteers willing to help you try to resolve this issue.

These should help :

How to Dual Boot Linux Mint and Windows

https://itsfoss.com/guide-install-linux-mint-16...

How to install Linux Mint on your Windows PC

http://www.zdnet.com/article/how-to-install-lin...

Be sure to check with Linux Mint Support and Forums.

Linux Mint - Support and Forums

Contact Us - Linux Mint

Linux Mint Forums

Linux Mint Forums - Index page

Please let us know the results and if you need further assistance.

SpiritX MS MVP, Aug 18, 2020
  3. SusanF66 Win User
    Windows 10 and my 8.1/Mint 17.1 dual boot

I currently dual boot Windows 8.1 and Mint 17.1. When I turn on my computer, I see GRUB with a choice of Mint or the Windows bootloader. During the set up of my dual boot, I used a method that installed Mint's bootloader to the Windows 8.1 EFI system partition
    so that Mint boots in UEFI mode. Does the upgrade of Windows 10 install a new EFI partition and/or bootloader on an up-to-date Windows 8.1 machine? If so, is it possible to install Windows 10 to use the existing EFI partition for its own bootloader, preserving
    the ability to access the Mint partition without the need to repair/reinstall GRUB? Thanks.

SusanF66, Aug 18, 2020
  4. DUAL BOOT PROBLEM - Mint+W10

Dual Boot Windows 10 and Linux Mint

How can I dual boot windows 10 with Linux Mint when I have a MBR hard drive with 4 partitions already in place?

Computers2016, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

DUAL BOOT PROBLEM - Mint+W10

1. DUAL BOOT PROBLEM - Mint+W10 - Similar Threads - DUAL BOOT PROBLEM

2. Dual boot: Problem reinstalling W10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual boot: Problem reinstalling W10: I can see there are many posts here about dual boot systems and various problems that can come up. I haven't been able to find info that seems to fit my particular problem, so I'm posting my question: I need to reinstall W10 on my dual boot W10/W7 desktop because of problems....
  3. W10 Dual Boot problem

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Dual Boot problem: I have a Dell Model 9020 Small Form computer that I am working on for a friend. First I have been Duel Booting Windows & Ubuntu for years on different computers and have never run into this problem. The Dell 9020 has W10 Pro on it & it opens fine. When I install Ubuntu...
  4. Revising dual boot to add Linux Mint

Revising dual boot to add Linux Mint: System: 2 internal SATA hard drives Windows 10 Home 1909 on HD0 / Windows 7 on HD1 BIOS/MBR boot (boot order CD, HD0, USB, HD1) OS installs on dedicated partitions bootloader on HD0 (Win10) I want to install Linux Mint to HD1 to replace Windows 7. Basic steps AFAIK: create...
  5. Dual boot Windows10 and Linux Mint

Dual boot Windows10 and Linux Mint: I am kinda stuck here.I installed windows10on an old dell desktop.Also decided to dualboot with Linux Mint so I could play around.Anyway,my grandson would like the computer so I deleted the linux partition.Now when I boot up or restart is shows GNU GRUB 2.4 and then a...
  6. XP dual boot with W10

XP dual boot with W10: Have read a shed-load of info on here about dual booting XP and W10...just need to clarify a few bits! I need to retain XP due to a hardware/software issue where the hardware will only run with XP... In preparation I have partitioned my HDD to C:\ 78GB (XP) and the...
  7. XP dual boot with W10

in Windows 10 Support
    XP dual boot with W10: Have read a shed-load of info on here about dual booting XP and W10...just need to clarify a few bits! I need to retain XP due to a hardware/software issue where the hardware will only run with XP... In preparation I have partitioned my HDD to C:\ 78GB (XP) and the...
  8. Booting windows 10 with legacy mode on or off, for dual boot with Mint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Booting windows 10 with legacy mode on or off, for dual boot with Mint: I have a desktop with a SSD of 250 GB running windows 10, I tried putting it into legacy mode in BIOS for dual booting with Linux Mint. But when I restart to check it, I get error 1962, no operating system found. I made a partition in C drive and installed Mint on it, but...
  9. Dual boot w7 + w10

Dual boot w7 + w10: You are welcome. Glad we could help. Hi guys! Please help! So I have 2 ssd drive. Each of it has a working operating system (w7, w10). How to make the w10 dual boot menu? You had written, that we have to use the bcdboot command... From which operating system? I like...
  10. W7 pro & W10 dual boot problem

W7 pro & W10 dual boot problem: I want to Dual Boot my existing W7 pro with W10 pro as in Dual Boot Tutorial by Brink. I made W10 Installation USB removed fast boot & secure boot and installed W10. I have W7 (C drive) on a 500gb SSD and installed a new 500gb SSD for W10 (D drive) I installed W10 on the D...