Windows 10: Dual boot remove

Discus and support Dual boot remove in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi ...anyone help me to remove window 10 and kali dual boot...i want only windows 10 [ Moved from: Mobile devices / Other Windows mobile devices /... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ###_874, Sep 25, 2018.

1. ###_874 Win User

Dual boot remove

Hi ...anyone help me to remove window 10 and kali dual boot...i want only windows 10

[ Moved from: Mobile devices / Other Windows mobile devices / Settings / Other/Unknown ]

:)

###_874, Sep 25, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Dual Booting with Windows 8.1

The procedure below will allow you to boot Windows separately or in dual boot configuration.
    Here's what I recommend to do:
    1. Disconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    2. Install Windows 10 with one drive connected.
    3. After step 2, reconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    4. Boot up Windows 8.1. Open disk management and take a note of the drive letter of Windows 10 OS.
      NOTE: if you boot up Windows 10, then take a note of Windows 8.1 drive letter
    5. Open Admin command prompt and type: bcdboot X:\windows where X: is the drive letter of Windows 10 (Windows 8.1 if you boot from Windows 10 in step 4)
    6. Reboot the PC. You should have a dual boot screen.

NOTE: To break off the dual boot setting, Win+R->msconfig->boot and delete the none default entry on the list.

topgundcp, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Dual Booting

Please follow the steps in the tutorial for how to post the screenshot. I cannot even see Disk 0, 1 and 2 on the drive map, and the columns were not spread so i can see the labels in the listings above even though it lllustates how to do this.

As long as you don't have a UEFI install then you can move the boot loader to Windows 10 so that it manages the Dual Boot using it's menu, add the Dual Boot back from there. These same steps using EasyBCD should do it:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/209885-boo...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Sep 25, 2018
  4. ex_reven Win User

Dual boot remove

Removing windows XP dual boot

Dont you need to remove the whole partition? Rather than just format its contents.

If you cant be bothered, you can always just edit it out of your boot list so that it boots straight to vista, though that might lose you some of your hard drive space.

ex_reven, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

Dual boot remove

1. Dual boot remove - Similar Threads - Dual boot remove

2. Help me to remove dual boot ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help me to remove dual boot ?: So actually I had to install Ubuntu but not on dual boot so what happened when my work was die o tried to reinstall windows 11 using a bootable usb when the process ended it took me to a screen where it asked me to choose one operating system windows on volume 3 or windows...
  3. Help me to remove dual boot ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help me to remove dual boot ?: So actually I had to install Ubuntu but not on dual boot so what happened when my work was die o tried to reinstall windows 11 using a bootable usb when the process ended it took me to a screen where it asked me to choose one operating system windows on volume 3 or windows...
  4. Removing CentOS Dual Boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing CentOS Dual Boot: Hello! I have a Dell Precision 3551, which I dual booted to run CentOS 8 with Windows 10. Now that I don't need Linux, I needed to remove the dual boot. I deleted the partition and created Windows 10 installation media on a USB. BUT... After booting to my USB, going to...
  5. Remove Linux Dual Boot issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove Linux Dual Boot issue: Hello, so I want to remove my linux dual boot and so I tried to follow this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWe9zlSmzjA The issue is when I get to do the bootrec /fixmbr command it comes up with "The system cannot find the file specified" My current dual boot...
  6. How to remove dual boot mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove dual boot mode?: As the title says, how do you remove the dual boot? I've had phoenix os installed a long time ago but, I deleted last year but up to now I'm still getting the dual boot mode and I don't have the phoenix os on my laptop anymore not even the files. I've done several things...
  7. Help needed, removing/merging dual boot

Help needed, removing/merging dual boot: Hi I have a system with dual boot, as you can see I have 3 partitions on disk 0: vista, win10, and factory image. I have already removed the boot menu in msconfig and set win10 as default, but now I'm faced with the issue that the unwanted partition is the system partition...
  8. Remove Ubuntu dual-boot

Remove Ubuntu dual-boot: I currently have a Surface Pro 1 with Windows 10 that also has Ubuntu installed on it as well. I would like to remove Ubuntu and restore the default Windows boot manager. Right now, it's currently doing a Windows 10 reset (Remove all files from all drives and clean them),...
  9. Remove dual boot - Ubuntu

Remove dual boot - Ubuntu: Hi, I am running Widows 10 on a UEFI/EFI/GPT system. I'd like to try and install a Linux OS on another partition. Installing is not a problem my question relates to if I decide to remove Ubuntu, how will I repair my Window's bootloader? I've been doing a lot of reading on...
  10. Cleaning up removal of Dual Boot with Ubuntu

Cleaning up removal of Dual Boot with Ubuntu: I set up Ubuntu in dual boot with Win 10 and tried to replace it with Mint, which failed at installation. I then had a "grub rescue" prompt regardless of what I tried. I fixed the mbr by booting from Win 7 .iso and running Bootrec /fixmbr. I can now boot into Win 10...