Windows 10: Dual Boot Setup for Windows 10

Discus and support Dual Boot Setup for Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have recently installed an SSD on the M.2 slot of my laptop. It came with a Mechanical 1Tb HDD. First, I installed the M.2 SSD on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nikhil.Khurana, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Dual Boot Setup for Windows 10

Hi,
    I have recently installed an SSD on the M.2 slot of my laptop. It came with a Mechanical 1Tb HDD.
    First, I installed the M.2 SSD on the motherboard and installed Windows 10 on it. A new clean setup. At this point of time my HDD was not connected.
    Next, I connected the HDD. When I booted it, Windows didn't give me any option to choose the windows, rather just booted from the SSD. I was able to see my HDD and all of its contents.
    When I rebooted the windows, the Windows from HDD booted (old pre-installed version).
    Now, I went into the "Recovery" option-->Advanced Startup-->(and some more steps i don't remember)-->UEFI Settings.
    There in the Boot tab of the BIOS I could see the sequence of Boot, wherein I set the SSD on 1st place and HDD on 2nd. Still, the Windows would boot from HDD.
    I checked the MSCONFIG and I couldn't see the copy of Windows that I had installed a while back on the SSD.
    Can someone please guide how can I have both the Old copy on HDD and a New Fresh copy on SSD of Windows 10 n my laptop?

Regards

P.S. Both are Windows 10 64 bit Home editions.

:)

Nikhil.Khurana, Oct 13, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 13, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Dual Booting with Windows 8.1

The procedure below will allow you to boot Windows separately or in dual boot configuration.
    Here's what I recommend to do:
    1. Disconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    2. Install Windows 10 with one drive connected.
    3. After step 2, reconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    4. Boot up Windows 8.1. Open disk management and take a note of the drive letter of Windows 10 OS.
      NOTE: if you boot up Windows 10, then take a note of Windows 8.1 drive letter
    5. Open Admin command prompt and type: bcdboot X:\windows where X: is the drive letter of Windows 10 (Windows 8.1 if you boot from Windows 10 in step 4)
    6. Reboot the PC. You should have a dual boot screen.

NOTE: To break off the dual boot setting, Win+R->msconfig->boot and delete the none default entry on the list.

topgundcp, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Dual Boot Setup for Windows 10

dual boot windows xp with uefi windows 10

Hi,

It definitely is possible to do a dual boot of Windows 10 with a older version of Windows. There are several steps involved to successfully achieve your objective. For us to resolve your concern, we suggest you follow the step by step process provided by
    Andre Da Costa in the article:
    How to dual boot Windows 10 and older versions of Windows

This covers installing different versions of Windows alongside Windows 10 in a dual boot environment. Take note though to backup any important files that you have before proceeding with any of the steps to prevent any data loss.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

Dual Boot Setup for Windows 10

1. Dual Boot Setup for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Dual Boot Setup

2. How to set preferred Windows Boot Manager in UEFI setup for Dual Drive/Dual Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set preferred Windows Boot Manager in UEFI setup for Dual Drive/Dual Boot: I have a new machine with M.2 drive and pre-installation of Windows 11 Lenovo ThinkCentre M90q. I've added an SSD to the SATA bus and installed Windows 10 there. I want both drives to boot Windows successfully independent of the other. When I installed Windows 10 on the SSD,...
  3. How to set preferred Windows Boot Manager in UEFI setup for Dual Drive/Dual Boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set preferred Windows Boot Manager in UEFI setup for Dual Drive/Dual Boot: I have a new machine with M.2 drive and pre-installation of Windows 11 Lenovo ThinkCentre M90q. I've added an SSD to the SATA bus and installed Windows 10 there. I want both drives to boot Windows successfully independent of the other. When I installed Windows 10 on the SSD,...
  4. GPT Partition Scheme for Dual-/Multi-boot Windows 10-setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GPT Partition Scheme for Dual-/Multi-boot Windows 10-setup: Hello,I have a laptop with 2x M.2 SSD-drives 500GB and 2TB, which I want to separate into three separate instances of Windows 10-installations as per:Disk 0 2 TBWindows 10 general purpose - 1 TBWindows 10 hobby purpose - 500 GB500 GB shared storageDisk 1 500 GBWindows 10 work...
  5. How to uninstall Linux in Windows 10 Dual Boot setup

in Windows 10 News
    How to uninstall Linux in Windows 10 Dual Boot setup: [ATTACH]You may have installed Ubuntu or any other Linux distro on your PC alongside […] This article How to uninstall Linux in Windows 10 Dual Boot setup first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Windows 10 install on dual boot 2 drive Windows-Ubuntu setup

Windows 10 install on dual boot 2 drive Windows-Ubuntu setup: I really need some help getting my dual boot Ubuntu - Windows 10 setup working properly. The issue is a partially corrupted Windows install do to a recent aborted format operation. I originally partitioned and set up my dual boot over 2 years ago and didn't keep detailed...
  7. Setup dual-boot Ubuntu alongside Win10

Setup dual-boot Ubuntu alongside Win10: I've installed Kubuntu on my SSD. I can live boot the USB and see it installed there. However, No matter what I've tried I have not been able to boot the program from my SSD. There is a EFI partition. There is a ubuntu selection available in the boot menu. Selecting it has no...
  8. Dual boot setup with pre-installed Windows 10 and cloned Windows 7dows

Dual boot setup with pre-installed Windows 10 and cloned Windows 7dows: I have a new laptop pre-installed with Windows 10 on a primary m.2 disk. It also has an HDD that I divided into partitions. Now I have an old laptop that has Windows 7 that holds programs and files that I left behind. I want those programs accessible in a Windows 7...
  9. Dual Boot Windows 7/ Windows 10 - Tutorials & Partition Setup Help?

Dual Boot Windows 7/ Windows 10 - Tutorials & Partition Setup Help?: Hi all, just picked up a Lenovo y700 laptop. Comes with Windows 10 home. Just checked the partition management and I am seeing 6 different partitions. EFI system partition, Recovery partition, Recovery partition, OEM partition, Primary partition (NTFS), and Boot partition...
  10. Anyone done a dual boot setup of Windows 8 and 10?

Anyone done a dual boot setup of Windows 8 and 10?: Hi I'm getting there, I've downloaded the .ISO file, I've made 2 images of my C:\ drive (using 2 different backup programs) and I've created a 100 GB partition on my second hard drive labeled Windows 10. Now I'm going to create the install DVD. I'm hoping that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. configure windows 10 for dual boot

2. dual booting with windows 10

3. set up dual boot in win10

4. reconnect dual boot windows 10,
  5. set dual boot windows 10,
  6. windows 10 dual boot setup