Windows 10: Dual boot startup takes long time

Discus and support Dual boot startup takes long time in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Started with a dual boot Windows 7 pro / XP HP Elite 8300. Upgraded Windows 7 to 10 and now it seems to take forever for the boot menu to show up. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by BReeves, Oct 27, 2015.

1. BReeves Win User

Dual boot startup takes long time

Started with a dual boot Windows 7 pro / XP HP Elite 8300. Upgraded Windows 7 to 10 and now it seems to take forever for the boot menu to show up. I can hit restart, it shuts down then just sits there doing nothing for several minutes. No hard drive activity, no video just the power light. Then it looks like it reboots and finally displays the boot menu.

With Windows 7 it went through the normal boot process and displayed the boot menu without the dead-in-the-water pause. Any ideas on the reason for the pause?

:)

BReeves, Oct 27, 2015
  2. Anandpc03 Win User

windows takes very long time to boot

Hi,

windows takes about 7 or 8 minutes to show up Welcome Screen. windows stays on this screen shown below for very long time. this used to happen with windows 8.1 and now even after clean install of windows 10. Kindly somebody from the technical team try to
    help me fix this.
    Dual boot startup takes long time [​IMG]

Anandpc03, Oct 27, 2015
  3. windows takes very long time to boot

In order to diagnose your problem we need to run Windows performance toolkit the instructions for which can be found in
    this wiki

If you have any questions feel free to ask

Please run the trace when you are experiencing the problem

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Oct 27, 2015
  4. HMonk Win User

XP, Win7 x64 Pro, Win10 x64 Pro

I triple boot XP/7/10 on a custom PC, dual boot 7/10 on my laptop. Installing required nothing special but on the PC the boot was a bit doggy (selecting one or the other OS sometimes did not work).

I used the EasyBCD "repair" option and smooth sailing since. If you are interested in trying, go to EasyBCD and scroll down the page to the FREE edition. Launch the app and in the left pane select BCD Backup/Repair, then select re-create/repair boot files.

EasyBCD will also show you the various bootloader paths, boot menu entries, etc. that might point you to the delay.

Monk

HMonk, Dec 8, 2015
Thema:

1. Dual boot startup takes long time - Similar Threads - Dual boot startup

2. Laptop takes a long time to boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop takes a long time to boot: Hello, My laptop takes from 10 to 20 minutes till it turns on. Almost all start up apps are disabled I tried a whole scan and there were no threats I tried clean up and desk fragmentationAnd lastly I reset my device by deleting everything and reinstalled the windows from...
  3. Laptop taking long time to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop taking long time to boot: I have Lenovo Z50-70, WIN 10 I recently found that my laptop taking time for the booting. In addition, many times it hangs suddenly. The boot problem was seen whenever I connect the projector, DINSHI INFINIX+ NVDIA control panel also dose not work. Please help...
  4. Windows taking long time to boot

Windows taking long time to boot: Hii , My laptop is taking long time to boot. It is stuck at welcome home screen for about 3-4 mins. This was not a issue till yesterday. I think some automatic update caused this issue. I tried updating my windows to latest version but it won't work. I updated gpu...
  5. Windows 10 takes a long time to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 takes a long time to boot: It's my first time asking a question here . Hope i get some answers. I upgraded to windows 10 home from windows 8.1. My Windows 10 takes about 8 minutes too boot up My Notebook specifications are as follows. It is a HP Pavilion TS 15 Notebook CPU: Intel Core i3 4005U ,...
  6. Dual-boot with XP causes long boot time

Dual-boot with XP causes long boot time: One of my systems was dual-booted with two WinXPx32 installs. It was lightning fast when booting. The system has a 3GHz i5 CPU, 4GB RAM and the system disc is a SSD. BIOS, not UEFI and MBR. I decided to reformat the second WinXP partition and install Win10x64 as a...
  7. Dual-boot with XP causes long boot time

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual-boot with XP causes long boot time: One of my systems was dual-booted with two WinXPx32 installs. The system has a 3GHz i5 CPU, 4GB RAM and the system disc is a SSD. It was lightning fast when booting. I decided to reformat the second WinXP partition and install Win10x64. Since doing so, I get a blank screen...
  8. w10 takes a long time to boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    w10 takes a long time to boot: My w10 takes a long time to boot, the desktop apps load , then grey out and load again along with the apps pinned to start bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-takes-a-long-time-to-boot/63448655-da7a-4382-add5-07bcbccd81f0
  9. Windows 10 takes a long time to boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 takes a long time to boot: So, I've encountered this issue lately where Windows 10 takes considerably longer to boot than before. (Usually 4 to 5 minutes) It used to boot under 30 seconds before so I don't know what went wrong here. So, the screen with the Windows logo and loading circle...
  10. Takes long time to startup when logged in for the first time

in Windows 10 Support
    Takes long time to startup when logged in for the first time: Hello, Our computers are running Windows 10 with Server domain, but we have a problem. Each first login takes long time to login and some time it gets stuck on the welcome screen when too many teachers logged on the machine. I had contacted an admin about it and they said...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows dual boot take long time to show