Windows 10: dual boot system win 10 and linux. Want to remove linux

Discus and support dual boot system win 10 and linux. Want to remove linux in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; HI Greg: I don't know what happened but for some reason I lost your thread. Then, when I tried to reply, it says it was locked so I couldn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by zzmel77, Oct 3, 2019.

1. zzmel77 Win User

dual boot system win 10 and linux. Want to remove linux

HI Greg:

I don't know what happened but for some reason I lost your thread. Then, when I tried to reply, it says it was locked so I couldn't respond. The exact question was that I had 2 OS which is win 10 and Linux. I want to remove Linux. I took a picture of the disk management as you requested but I couldn't go any further. I tried to add it but I couldn't. What do I try now to get the picture to you? Maybe, I can attach it here. Let me see if that will work. I'm amazed, it did work. I believe the Linux is indicated as 212.82 GB with no file system shown. I hope I can hear from you shortly. Thanks for the initial contact and I hope I can get you again. If not, then someone else. Thanks again.

zzmel

dual boot system win 10 and linux.  Want to remove linux 53c269bb-8e39-4bff-b47a-d00034cf7743?upload=true.png

:)

zzmel77, Oct 3, 2019

2. Dual boot with linux: only linux boot

Hi Xelany

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

You should try repairing your Windows 10 installation using the following steps:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/fix-windows-10...

If that restores Windows 10, use EasyBCD to add an entry for Linux mint:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/dual-boot-wind...

Information in the above link is sourced from a trusted Microsoft MVP blog.

Andre for Directly, Oct 3, 2019
  3. John1001 Win User
    Remove a linux partition

I have a dual boot system which has Windows 7 and Linux. I would like to remove the linux partition and install Windows 10 on the PC and would like to know how to accomplish this upgrade.

John1001, Oct 3, 2019
  4. dual boot system win 10 and linux. Want to remove linux

add linux dual boot to w10 system

First check to see if Windows supports dual-boot when one of the systems is not Windows. As best as I know it is not possible and I have tried to get the answer myself but that was a few years ago. As best as I know the only option is to use a Linux utility
    to do the multi-booting.

If you did configure dual boot then how did you do that? If you are using a Linux/Ubuntu utility then you need to ask in a Linux/Ubuntu forum.

The suggestion to hold down the shift key while doing a shutdown might help but another option is to go into your system's BIOS while booting. The procedure varies depending on the BIOS but if you can get into the BIOS configuration then you can choose where
    to boot from. Sometimes it can be a one-time choice but there should be a way to set the boot device priority so that it boots from whichever device/partition you select. That is
    not a permanent solution but it will allow you a
    slightly inconvenient way to switch where to boot from.

Also note that it is standard for a boot utility to boot whatever partition is marked active. There are Windows and Linux utilities to select which partition will be the boot partition.

Simple Samples, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

dual boot system win 10 and linux. Want to remove linux

1. dual boot system win 10 and linux. Want to remove linux - Similar Threads - dual boot system

2. dual-boot Windows and Linux

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dual-boot Windows and Linux: I have a new laptop with a 512 GB SSD. I want to secure-erase the SSD and install Windows and Linux in a dual-boot configuration. Doing the secure-erase is easy, as I can do it with a Linux LiveUSB. I already have a current Windows LiveUSB ready for installation. I did...
  3. dual-boot Windows and Linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dual-boot Windows and Linux: I have a new laptop with a 512 GB SSD. I want to secure-erase the SSD and install Windows and Linux in a dual-boot configuration. Doing the secure-erase is easy, as I can do it with a Linux LiveUSB. I already have a current Windows LiveUSB ready for installation. I did...
  4. Remove Linux Dual Boot issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove Linux Dual Boot issue: Hello, so I want to remove my linux dual boot and so I tried to follow this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWe9zlSmzjA The issue is when I get to do the bootrec /fixmbr command it comes up with "The system cannot find the file specified" My current dual boot...
  5. How to remove Linux from a dual boot?

How to remove Linux from a dual boot?: I have Windows 10 and Linux Mint in a dual boot. submitted by /u/kreetikal [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g11m44/how_to_remove_linux_from_a_dual_boot/
  6. How to remove Linux from a dual boot?

How to remove Linux from a dual boot?: I currently have Windows 10 and Linux Mint installed, I want to remove Linux Mint. submitted by /u/captain_degenerate [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fr0hk9/how_to_remove_linux_from_a_dual_boot/
  7. Dual boot with linux: only linux boot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dual boot with linux: only linux boot: Hello, Well I'll sum up what I did so far: I had ubuntu + windows 10, was working fine but ubuntu was taking too much space on my drive. Deleted ubuntu partitions, gave the space back to windows, boot into the windows usb drive to perform the bootrec /fixmbr,fixboot...
  8. Uninstall Linux dual boot

Uninstall Linux dual boot: Hello everyone ! I first want to mention thant english is not my first language, so, sorry if I make mistakes and am not clear enough ! I just received a second hand computer with windows10 and linux installed on it. The person I got it to told me it would be easy to get...
  9. add linux dual boot to w10 system

add linux dual boot to w10 system: New Laptop with W10 installed. Want to add dual boot Ubuntu. Ubuntu install looks good, but when restart,goes direct to W; no choice. Suspect WW Master Boot process since unix /var/log/syslog shows no sign of choice build and lots of Window master boot process. Need to...
  10. dual-boot Linux

dual-boot Linux: I have a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 (upgraded from Windows 8.1), and I'm considering setting it up to dual-boot Linux. I just had a look at the HD with Disk Management, and Lenovo has created 6 partitions (C, D, and 4 hidden partitions). Can I get further help here, or is...