Windows 10: Dual Boot System / Windows Clean Install / Boot File Contradiction?

Discus and support Dual Boot System / Windows Clean Install / Boot File Contradiction? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This past week I finally decided to upgrade my PC. In coalition with a few other components, I bought a Samsung 980 1TB M.2 SSD as a replacement boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ALutz47, Jan 15, 2022.

1. ALutz47 Win User

Dual Boot System / Windows Clean Install / Boot File Contradiction?

This past week I finally decided to upgrade my PC. In coalition with a few other components, I bought a Samsung 980 1TB M.2 SSD as a replacement boot drive, planning to keep my 1TB Seagate HDD as extra storage.After installing and initializing the SSD, I shut down my computer and unplugged my HDD, as well as my external drive Which has nothing but games leaving only the M.2 SSD connected. I then performed a clean install of Windows on my new drive. I was able to boot in, install drivers, and update Windows. What I had not done was sign into my Microsoft account, which is linked to my produc

:)

ALutz47, Jan 15, 2022
  2. Solaris17 Win User

Dual Boot?

I can help here iv had both i used partition magic to split my HDD and i installed vista on one and xp was already on the other only problem is id watch out if i were you for some reason vista does not like to dual boot iv seen this on a couple of my machines and my buddys. so step one have xp installed step 2 find a partitioner of your choice i dont know of any except partition magic and the one included on xp...only thing is i dont think the one on xp will even partition them...then pop in your vista DVD and select the drive of your choice....the only thing i can think of that causes vista to hate dual booting sooo much is that when their are 2 OS's installed xp uses its own prog to list them on boot well vista uses a totally diff boot loader than the previous os's and i think they conflict the problems i hade were the standard missing windows folder missing HAL.dll and the nt one dont remember the name.....that and after your done vista and boot into xp things didnt like to start correctly specially if you scan disk with vista.

Solaris17, Jan 15, 2022
  3. Dandel Win User
    How to go about building a tri-boot system?

i dual boot all the time, and going in to tri boot is easy.

step 1) partition the drive in to 3 partitions ( leaving 1 empty for the linux installer. )
    step 2) install windows on the first 2 partitions.
    step 3) install linux, and let it auto partition the remaining space. ( i recommend at least 30gb of space for linux, because it will make things a lot easier. )

step 4) enjoy.

Dandel, Jan 15, 2022
  4. LuginyKid Win User

Rebuild and eliminate Dual Boot at same time with clean install

Andre,

The article referred to in Step 1 of your response is dated July 2015 and contains some updates that concern me. Are there any issues to worry about with today's ISO files provided by Microsoft? I am about to begin the tasks that I wrote about recently,
    starting with a rebuild of a 32 bit laptop that I will return from a dual boot system to a single boot, windows 10 Pro and then do the same with a 64 bit dual boot system.

Thank you for your continuing support. I am enjoying the education.

LK

LuginyKid, Jan 15, 2022
Thema:

1. Dual Boot System / Windows Clean Install / Boot File Contradiction? - Similar Threads - Dual Boot System

2. Dual Boot System / Windows Clean Install / Boot File Contradiction?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Boot System / Windows Clean Install / Boot File Contradiction?: This past week I finally decided to upgrade my PC. In coalition with a few other components, I bought a Samsung 980 1TB M.2 SSD as a replacement boot drive, planning to keep my 1TB Seagate HDD as extra storage.After installing and initializing the SSD, I shut down my computer...
  3. Dual Boot System / Windows Clean Install / Boot File Contradiction?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Boot System / Windows Clean Install / Boot File Contradiction?: This past week I finally decided to upgrade my PC. In coalition with a few other components, I bought a Samsung 980 1TB M.2 SSD as a replacement boot drive, planning to keep my 1TB Seagate HDD as extra storage.After installing and initializing the SSD, I shut down my computer...
  4. Dual boot system

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dual boot system: I am trying to set up a dual boot system with windows 7 and win10 each on different hard drives I am trying to help a freidn who has accounting software her computer is running windows7(OEM), intel,I5 3rd or 4th gen(3XXX), 8gb memory, and 500gb hard drive. the computer is...
  5. Clean install W10 on W7\W8.1 dual boot system with two drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install W10 on W7\W8.1 dual boot system with two drives: I currently have PC with dual boot, running Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 on individual SSD. I have three drives as follows: Disk 0: Win 7 (SSD 512 GB) Disk 1: Win 8 (SSD 512 GB) Disk 2: Data Storage (HDD 2TB) Windows 7 is installed on one SSD with Volume Label as Windows 7,...
  6. Clean install W10 on W7\W10 dual boot system.

Clean install W10 on W7\W10 dual boot system.: Just curious, is it possible to carry out a clean install of 10 on my hard drive which has 7 and 10 as a dual boot? obviously on the 10 partition. Thank you. 110034
  7. Clean istalling Windows 10 from a dual boot system

Clean istalling Windows 10 from a dual boot system: Currently I have a dual boot system with Win 7 and Win 10. I want to remove Windows 7 from my main drive. Since I want to do that, I thought I'd completely redo my system by formatting all my drives and do clean install Windows 10. Is there going to be any problem, like no...
  8. How to install on a dual boot system?

How to install on a dual boot system?: I have two systems. System 1 is a desktop running W7 Premium SP1. I did clean install of W10 from iso on separate partition. W10 will not activate using W7 numbers. I suspect that is because I moved W7 to an SSD 6 mos. ago and W10 expects the old HDD. BTW, installed W10 to...
  9. Dual Boot win7/10 questions...with clean install

Dual Boot win7/10 questions...with clean install: Hello, I recently upgraded my one laptop to windows 10 and thought I was doing a clean install but did not and wound up doing a restore that deleted everything. I downloaded windows 10 via the media creation tool in hopes of doing a clean install to my other laptop. I have...
  10. Need help performing a clean install with a dual boot

Need help performing a clean install with a dual boot: You guys were right - I should have performed a clean install (if you remember). I have a 1TB drive with a messed up Windows 10 FCU. I am only using about 250GB - so I have 750GB in which to install a clean version of Windows 10. I need instructions on how to partition my...