Windows 10: Dual Boot System -- Windows Disk Disappears From UEFI After A Handful of Parition Switches

Discus and support Dual Boot System -- Windows Disk Disappears From UEFI After A Handful of Parition Switches in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have two separate 2.5" SSDs. One runs Windows 10 and is the original partition intstalled on the PC. The other contains Clover Bootloader & MacOS.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/charliecastel, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Dual Boot System -- Windows Disk Disappears From UEFI After A Handful of Parition Switches

I have two separate 2.5" SSDs. One runs Windows 10 and is the original partition intstalled on the PC. The other contains Clover Bootloader & MacOS. The issue I started having is that after I switch back and forth between MacOS and Windows 10 a few times, I'll have a bootup where I power on the computer and the UEFI does not see the Windows 10 drive at all. So I have to take the following steps:

1) Power down the PC & Unplug the Windows 10 drive's SATA cables

2) Power up the pc, let it boot into BIOS and then power it down

3) Reconnect the SATA cables for the Windows 10 drive and boot up the PC again

That always works.

A suggestion was made that I should try booting into the MacOS drive and using the Clover Bootloader to pick between Windows 10 and MacOS. I tried that too and got the same results which tells me that it may not be a UEFI issue at all and it may actually have something to do with my Windows 10 install.

I understand this is not a Hackintosh subreddit but since it seems to be a Windows 10 issue and Windows 10 users run dual boot configs with Linux and other OS options, I figured I would ask here and see if anyone had dealt with an issue like this before.

submitted by /u/charliecastel
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/charliecastel, Feb 8, 2020

2. Dual Booting

Please follow the steps in the tutorial for how to post the screenshot. I cannot even see Disk 0, 1 and 2 on the drive map, and the columns were not spread so i can see the labels in the listings above even though it lllustates how to do this.

As long as you don't have a UEFI install then you can move the boot loader to Windows 10 so that it manages the Dual Boot using it's menu, add the Dual Boot back from there. These same steps using EasyBCD should do it:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/209885-boo...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Feb 8, 2020
  3. dual boot windows xp with uefi windows 10

Hi,

It definitely is possible to do a dual boot of Windows 10 with a older version of Windows. There are several steps involved to successfully achieve your objective. For us to resolve your concern, we suggest you follow the step by step process provided by
    Andre Da Costa in the article:
    How to dual boot Windows 10 and older versions of Windows

This covers installing different versions of Windows alongside Windows 10 in a dual boot environment. Take note though to backup any important files that you have before proceeding with any of the steps to prevent any data loss.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Feb 8, 2020
  4. Dual Boot System -- Windows Disk Disappears From UEFI After A Handful of Parition Switches

System repair disk won't boot under UEFI

Hello,

I have installed Windows 10 on my PC in UEFI mode.

To be able to restore the system image if needed, I have created a System Repair Disk.

When I wanted to use this disk to perform a restore, I got the message:

"Windows cannot restore a system image to a computer that has different firmware. The system image was created on a computer using EFI and the computer is using BIOS."

So, apparently, my DVD drive was booted in legacy mode.

When I switched in the BIOS to UEFI only, indeed the DVD drive is not visible anymore as device I can boot from.

My question is now how I can create a System Repair Disk for use in UEFI mode.

Thanks in advance.

JanWijnstra, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

Dual Boot System -- Windows Disk Disappears From UEFI After A Handful of Parition Switches

1. Dual Boot System -- Windows Disk Disappears From UEFI After A Handful of Parition Switches - Similar Threads - Dual Boot System

2. Dual Booting 2 Windows Systems Using UEFI Boot Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Booting 2 Windows Systems Using UEFI Boot Manager: I have just bought a new PC which includes 2 identical M2 SSDs. I have done a clean install on the first. I now want to know hiw to clone this to the second M2 and be able to select which system to boot using the UEFI Boot Manager not the Windows one. I want the two systems...
  3. Dual Booting 2 Windows Systems Using UEFI Boot Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Booting 2 Windows Systems Using UEFI Boot Manager: I have just bought a new PC which includes 2 identical M2 SSDs. I have done a clean install on the first. I now want to know hiw to clone this to the second M2 and be able to select which system to boot using the UEFI Boot Manager not the Windows one. I want the two systems...
  4. Cannot switch to UEFI from Legacy boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot switch to UEFI from Legacy boot: I have an Acer Aspire E5-575G and was using the new PC Health Check application by Microsoft which has the new option to check if my computer is compatible for Windows 11. It's not, and it mentions the problem is that Secure Boot is not enabled.When I try to switch in BIOS...
  5. Dual booting from UEFI system

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual booting from UEFI system: I just purchased a new pc that comes with windows 10 home and uses UEFI for booting. I have a disk image of windows 7 from my old pc which used BIOS. I want to restore that image to a GPT disk partition and then setup a dual boot. Is this possible? How do I go about setting...
  6. Screwed up Windows 10 paritions/booting after dual-boot attemp

Screwed up Windows 10 paritions/booting after dual-boot attemp: I tried to install my first dual boot since high school and it didn't all go according to plan.. I backed up all my important files on another computer fortunately, but I can't boot into Windows anymore. What I tried to do: Install Ubuntu 20.10 on my 120GB-SSD Cut an...
  7. Dual boot disappeared?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual boot disappeared?: Lately windows 10 has been pissing me off (continual system interrupts using 100% of my cpu, slow in general) and I started using a dual boot system. I reinstalled windows to see if that would fix my problems (it hasn’t) and the dual boot menu has disappeared. Is my Ubuntu...
  8. Disk and Drive Paritioning

Disk and Drive Paritioning: I must first say that I cannot guarantee a quick reply to ay answers I receive owing to disability problems but I WILL reply when I can. I got into difficulties with my Windows10, caused by problems when trying to use my Seagate drive for my file history. I was met with...
  9. Upgrade primary disk on dual boot system

Upgrade primary disk on dual boot system: Having this system Ryzen 2600X@3.8Ghz, ASUS PRIME B450-PLUS, 2x16GB GSkill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200, Sapphire Radeon HD7950 Dual-X w Boost 3GB, Kfa2 GTX 1070 EX 8GB, Crucial MX300 275GB (Windows 10Pro), Crucial MX500 500GB (Kubuntu 18.04 LTS), TOSHIBA DT01ACA300 3TB, Fractal...
  10. Switch Operating Systems In Dual-Boot System

Switch Operating Systems In Dual-Boot System: Dual-boot system Partition C:\ = Windows 10 Pro Partition E:\ = Windows 7 Pro Would it be possible to switch the OSs? I have applications to clone one partition to another but my concern are the already installed apps being functional. Did a Google search and all I found...