Windows 10: Dual Boot two Windows

Discus and support Dual Boot two Windows in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Can I setup a Dual boot of two Window on same laptop having two different licenses?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Cromium, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Cromium Win User

Dual Boot two Windows

Can I setup a Dual boot of two Window on same laptop having two different licenses?

:)

Cromium, Jul 1, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 1, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Dual Booting with Windows 8.1

The procedure below will allow you to boot Windows separately or in dual boot configuration.
    Here's what I recommend to do:
    1. Disconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    2. Install Windows 10 with one drive connected.
    3. After step 2, reconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    4. Boot up Windows 8.1. Open disk management and take a note of the drive letter of Windows 10 OS.
      NOTE: if you boot up Windows 10, then take a note of Windows 8.1 drive letter
    5. Open Admin command prompt and type: bcdboot X:\windows where X: is the drive letter of Windows 10 (Windows 8.1 if you boot from Windows 10 in step 4)
    6. Reboot the PC. You should have a dual boot screen.

NOTE: To break off the dual boot setting, Win+R->msconfig->boot and delete the none default entry on the list.

topgundcp, Jul 1, 2019
  4. Dual Boot two Windows

dual boot windows xp with uefi windows 10

Hi,

It definitely is possible to do a dual boot of Windows 10 with a older version of Windows. There are several steps involved to successfully achieve your objective. For us to resolve your concern, we suggest you follow the step by step process provided by
    Andre Da Costa in the article:
    How to dual boot Windows 10 and older versions of Windows

This covers installing different versions of Windows alongside Windows 10 in a dual boot environment. Take note though to backup any important files that you have before proceeding with any of the steps to prevent any data loss.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

Dual Boot two Windows

1. Dual Boot two Windows - Similar Threads - Dual Boot

2. Problems with Dual Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems with Dual Boot: I have All-in One from Dell which came with Windows 8, but rready for Windows 10. It gave me a lot of problems. I had to clean install Windows 10. After doing so, and I don't know how, I have now 2 Windows 10 boot. I decided on boot 1 and installed all APpS, OFFICE, McAffee....
  3. Issue in booting with Dual Boot in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issue in booting with Dual Boot in windows 10: Hello. I had dual booted my Dell laptop which came with preinstalled Windows 10. I had dual booted with Ubuntu 18.04 by creating a partition on the disk. To remove this dual boot, i.e. I only wanted to keep Windows 10, I formatted the disk, where Ubuntu was stored. But, now...
  4. Dual Boot Computer Not Working After Windows May Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dual Boot Computer Not Working After Windows May Update: My dual boot (Win 10 and Linux) computer stopped working during the Windows Update to the May update. Apparently, GRUB stopped working and now Windows won't boot at all. I can still boot into Linux. The hard drive appears to have all of the files, but it must have a bad...
  5. How to Clone Dual-Boot HDD to SDD Using Macrium Reflect?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to Clone Dual-Boot HDD to SDD Using Macrium Reflect?: Hello, I want to clone a 500GB internal HDD with three partitions to a 2TB SDD using Macrium Reflect. Windows 10 boot view: Vista (D:) Active, Data (E:) Primary, Windows 10 (C:) Primary. I created a Macrium Rescue Disk from within Windows 10. When booting into WinPE using...
  6. Dual booting with Win 10 Pro and Win 7 Pro

Dual booting with Win 10 Pro and Win 7 Pro: I'll be receiving a new computer with Win 10 Pro as my computer w/ Windows 7 Pro crashed. I'd like to take the hard drive with Windows 7 Pro and install it into the new one to have dual booting. Any problem doing that and what steps are needed? Thank you....
  7. Bringing back the Windows 10 option in the dual-boot menu

Bringing back the Windows 10 option in the dual-boot menu: Hi! I have a problem. I have installed Debian 10 on my computer as second OS next to my Win 10. After this the Debian was my default system to boot into, but I wanted my Windows as default, so I went on and made some modifications after tutorials that I can't remember, and...
  8. Cannot get to BIOS or Advanced Startup option on Dell Inspiron Win 10 dual boot.

Cannot get to BIOS or Advanced Startup option on Dell Inspiron Win 10 dual boot.: I use Dell Inspiron 15-7000(7559) laptop with M2 SSD and HybridHDD, Windows 10 dual booted with Manjaro 18.01. Problem: After tinkering with my Linux installation I receive an error: file '/grub/x86_64-efi/ normal.mod ' not found and then grub rescue prompt. I cannot get to...
  9. Dual boot laptop. Entering to the grub rescue. Error file '/grub/x86_64-efi/normal.mod' not...

Dual boot laptop. Entering to the grub rescue. Error file '/grub/x86_64-efi/normal.mod' not...: I have a question very similar to: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-boot-laptop-entering-to-the-grub-rescue-error/301e095c-1faa-4358-84bd-a0999b2fad0c (see subject line above). It was dealt with by Greg Carmack - Windows MVP. Details to add: I use...
  10. Dual Boot Failure

Dual Boot Failure: I have an old HP CTO with Win7-64. Runs just fine. I would like to do do a dual boot and add Win 10 Full Retail Version. I currently have 3 HD's installed. Drive 0 (2TB's) is the Win7 OS. Drive 1 is for backup data as is Drive 2. Drive 0 (C:) is listed as a GPT. I added...