Windows 10: Dual boot Ubuntu with pre-installed Windows

Discus and support Dual boot Ubuntu with pre-installed Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi! I have a Dell Inspiron 3543 laptop, which came pre-installed with Windows 8.1. I upgraded it to Windows 10 back in 2015, and currently I'm using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Anirban Ray, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Dual boot Ubuntu with pre-installed Windows

Hi!

I have a Dell Inspiron 3543 laptop, which came pre-installed with Windows 8.1. I upgraded it to Windows 10 back in 2015, and currently I'm using Version 1903 OS Build 18362.175.

I wish to set up a dual boot with Ubuntu 18.04.2 on this laptop. Is it possible to do it with keeping the existing Windows 10 installation unaffected? I've backed up my personal files, but I'll obviously prefer if those remain unaffected.

In case it matters, let me state that it has only one hard drive (CDual boot Ubuntu with pre-installed Windows :), and I never modified disk partitions. Currently, it has about 750 GB of free space. If possible, I'll prefer to access my personal files from both Windows and Ubuntu, but that's not necessary.

Any help will be appreciated.

:)

Anirban Ray, Jun 19, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 19, 2019
  3. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Jun 19, 2019
  4. dcf-joe Win User

Dual boot Ubuntu with pre-installed Windows

dual boot xp and ubuntu

I had that problem a few months ago, but dual-booting is really easy. I am currently dual-booting Vista and Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron. Use this website here for a guide to dual-booting XP and Ubuntu: APC's July 2019 issue is on sale now! | TechRadar (I actually did not use this guide at all, but I did pretty much the same thing!)

If you are unable to get your boot working with this guide, reply to this message, and I will write out a step-by-step guide, but it will involve you already having a partition set out for XP (as in you are not already using your entire hard drive space for XP alone.) Even though I write the guide with experience from Vista, it will work with XP

dcf-joe, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

Dual boot Ubuntu with pre-installed Windows

1. Dual boot Ubuntu with pre-installed Windows - Similar Threads - Dual boot Ubuntu

2. Dual Boot Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Boot Ubuntu: I am a software developer who has recently got some embedded systems work. The support community for the tools I will be using is built with the assumption of a Linux operating system. While for other types of work-loads, such as backend work, I have been happy with my...
  3. Dual boot Ubuntu

Dual boot Ubuntu: I tried 'Ubuntu' for a while. Later got the drive deleted. [ATTACH] But the Ubuntu Boot Manager is there in the BIOS ? How can I remove that? Dr Abdul Rasheed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-boot-ubuntu/8d273b76-c1f2-4f23-9ba6-28a4c96b9141
  4. Dual booting Ubuntu and Windows 10, can't boot into Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual booting Ubuntu and Windows 10, can't boot into Ubuntu: I've dual booted my computer with Ubuntu, I was able to boot into it for a while until windows updated itself and now it skips over the Linux boot menu. Secure and fast boot are both disabled. I've tried adding Ubuntu onto the Windows boot menu but I can't get that to work...
  5. Dual boot with Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual boot with Ubuntu: Hello, I wanted to dual boot with ubuntu on HDD while my windows is on SSD. Most tutorials I have seen usually show the option to select the OS they want to boot into when they start the computer. I was wondering if there is a way where I could always boot into windows...
  6. Dual boot with Ubuntu gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual boot with Ubuntu gone: Suddenly my grub is gone and when I boot my device goes directly to the Windows 10. Can I remove Ubuntu through Windows without concerns or should I need to be careful because grub is still around and probably will brick my PC? Thanks! submitted by /u/Johan144 [link]...
  7. Unable to boot Windows after installing Ubuntu as dual boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to boot Windows after installing Ubuntu as dual boot: Initially my windows was running perfectly. Then i tried to dual boot it with ubuntu. After doing dual boot I'm not able to access windows. I'm getting a screen like this.[IMG]I also tried using grub command but it didn't work!! ***Original title: Dual boot***...
  8. Dual Booting while upgrading Windows and installing Ubuntu

Dual Booting while upgrading Windows and installing Ubuntu: I have Windows 10 Home/Pro ready to upgrade from Windows 8.1. I also want to dual boot into Ubuntu and will need to install that as well. I have also just installed an SSD and have 2TB hard drive space. With all that being said, what is the best procedure for dual booting...
  9. Remove Ubuntu dual-boot

Remove Ubuntu dual-boot: I currently have a Surface Pro 1 with Windows 10 that also has Ubuntu installed on it as well. I would like to remove Ubuntu and restore the default Windows boot manager. Right now, it's currently doing a Windows 10 reset (Remove all files from all drives and clean them),...
  10. Ubuntu Dual Boot

Ubuntu Dual Boot: I am using the non-metro Windows 10 boot loader to manage a dual boot setup (legacy BIOS) with Ubuntu. Generally, everything works fine. However, sometimes when I perform an update in Ubuntu, grub overwrites the Windows MBR. Then I have to use EasyBCD to restore the Windows...