Windows 10: dual boot Vista and windows 10

Discus and support dual boot Vista and windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I have a old acer 5735z that runs Vista home premium 64 bit fine I have seen this model running windows 10 on a video channel I would like to try it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NORBELLINI, Sep 24, 2019.

1. dual boot Vista and windows 10

Hi
    I have a old acer 5735z that runs Vista home premium 64 bit fine I have seen this model running windows 10 on a video channel I would like to try it out by dual booting and having a look and see what suits I have partitioned the hdd so there is plenty of space Any advise or help please

:)

NORBELLINI, Sep 24, 2019
  2. freaksavior, Sep 24, 2019
  3. Wingo101 Win User
    Windows Vista Startup Problem ( Dual Boot)

I've got a dual boot set up on my computer, with Windows XP Professional 32bit & Vista Ultimate 64bit.

I haven't booted into Vista for quite some time now because I get better performance from XP. But now, if I try to boot into Vista, it goes through until after the Welcome screen & just gets stuck on a black screen with the pointer showing.

I have tried repairing the startup using the Vista CD.

Any suggestions?

Wingo101, Sep 24, 2019
  4. dual boot Vista and windows 10

Dual boot windows vista and windows 10

Hi,

Before I assist you further please provide us below details,

1. What is the make and model of your computer?

2. Did you install windows 10 and windows vista by dual booting?

I would like to inform you that you can upgrade to windows 10 if you are using windows 7 service pack 1 and from windows 8.1.

Refer to the below link to know suggested by Andre Da Costa on July 13, 2015 to know more about upgrade path

Upgrade Path to Windows 10

So as you said that you would like to use some programs in windows Vista you can use this operating system in dual boot state.

And if you use windows vista in dual boot it will not interfere with using windows 10.

Refer the below link suggested by Andre Da Costa regarding dual boot and check if it helps,

How to Dual Boot Windows 10 with Other Versions of Windows, macOS and Linux

Hope this information helps. Please get back to us if you have further more queries on windows we are glad to help you.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

dual boot Vista and windows 10

1. dual boot Vista and windows 10 - Similar Threads - dual boot Vista

2. How do I dual-boot Windows Vista and Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I dual-boot Windows Vista and Windows 11?: Good day everyone!I am currently trying to make a Vista and 11 dual-boot work, but it seems like its trying to fit water and fire into the same SSD. My machine is a Dell Latitude E5430 which can run windows Vista and 11, so the problem isnt there. It has run a Windows 10 and...
  3. How do I dual-boot Windows Vista and Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I dual-boot Windows Vista and Windows 11?: Good day everyone!I am currently trying to make a Vista and 11 dual-boot work, but it seems like its trying to fit water and fire into the same SSD. My machine is a Dell Latitude E5430 which can run windows Vista and 11, so the problem isnt there. It has run a Windows 10 and...
  4. Windows Vista not booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Vista not booting: I got a free broken Windows Vista computer todayI turn it on and this happened it is a Dell Studio 1535 Intel Core 2 Duo Model PP33L https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-vista-not-booting/b412bb2f-f740-4352-a2cf-b58d9558d0d8
  5. Windows Vista not booting

Windows Vista not booting: I got a free broken Windows Vista computer todayI turn it on and this happened it is a Dell Studio 1535 Intel Core 2 Duo Model PP33L https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-vista-not-booting/b412bb2f-f740-4352-a2cf-b58d9558d0d8
  6. Is it possible to dual boot windows Vista and windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to dual boot windows Vista and windows 10?: Hi, I was trying to dual boot windows Vista and windows 10. But windows Vista crashes every time I try to boot it up, no boot screen just an instant BSOD but when windows Vista did not have another OS it booted up like normal. The System I tried it on was a Dell Optiplex 3020...
  7. Is it possible to dual boot windows Vista and windows 10?

Is it possible to dual boot windows Vista and windows 10?: Hi, I was trying to dual boot windows Vista and windows 10. But windows Vista crashes every time I try to boot it up, no boot screen just an instant BSOD but when windows Vista did not have another OS it booted up like normal. The System I tried it on was a Dell Optiplex 3020...
  8. Dual boot: Vista and Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual boot: Vista and Windows 7: Why does Vista "loop" when I try to obtain permission to access the D-drive from the C-drive. Vista is installed in C: and Windows 7 in D: and Iought tobe able to see both drives in Vista....
  9. Dual boot: Vista and Windows 7

Dual boot: Vista and Windows 7: Why does Vista "loop" when I try to obtain permission to access the D-drive from the C-drive. Vista is installed in C: and Windows 7 in D: and Iought tobe able to see both drives in Vista....
  10. Win 10 doesn't see second drive in dual boot with vista on it

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 doesn't see second drive in dual boot with vista on it: I have win 10 10242 preview on a computer that has Vista on it. I installed win 10 to the second drive so Vista is on one drive and Win 10 is on the other. The dual boot works fine as menu comes up where I select which OS I want to boot from. Vista can see the drive that win...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 how multi boot vista