Windows 10: Dual boot: Vista and Windows 7

Discus and support Dual boot: Vista and Windows 7 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Why does Vista "loop" when I try to obtain permission to access the D-drive from the C-drive. Vista is installed in C: and Windows 7 in D: and Iought... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Søren_Skadhede, May 8, 2022.

1. Dual boot: Vista and Windows 7

Why does Vista "loop" when I try to obtain permission to access the D-drive from the C-drive. Vista is installed in C: and Windows 7 in D: and Iought tobe able to see both drives in Vista.

:)

Søren_Skadhede, May 8, 2022
  2. freaksavior, May 8, 2022
  3. Q9650 Win User
    Dual boot Windows 7 with Vista problem!

I have windows 7 as my main OS and I am trying to install windows vista on it own partition for a dual boot configuration but when trying to install vista from my pen drive at the very beggining when starting to copying files it stops with this error: [0x0604ad] IBS Callback_CopySetupFiles:An error occurred while copying Setup files. Error code is [0x80070070][gle=0x00000070]

This stop error only shows up when installing vista from a pen drive! Using the Vista DVD it installs fine!

SO i wonder what is going on here? Seems installing vista from a pen drive to dual boot with windows 7 is not possible!

Only from DVD I can install vista for a dual boot configuration all is fine!

Can someone tell me what is the culprit here any experiences like this?

Q9650, May 8, 2022
  4. Kenshai Win User

Dual boot: Vista and Windows 7

Dual boot Windows 7 with Vista problem!

Were all files copied to the flash drive correctly? If you're unsure I'd start from the beginning.

Kenshai, May 8, 2022
Thema:

Dual boot: Vista and Windows 7

1. Dual boot: Vista and Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Dual boot Vista

2. Is it possible to dual boot windows Vista and windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to dual boot windows Vista and windows 10?: Hi, I was trying to dual boot windows Vista and windows 10. But windows Vista crashes every time I try to boot it up, no boot screen just an instant BSOD but when windows Vista did not have another OS it booted up like normal. The System I tried it on was a Dell Optiplex 3020...
  3. Is it possible to dual boot windows Vista and windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to dual boot windows Vista and windows 10?: Hi, I was trying to dual boot windows Vista and windows 10. But windows Vista crashes every time I try to boot it up, no boot screen just an instant BSOD but when windows Vista did not have another OS it booted up like normal. The System I tried it on was a Dell Optiplex 3020...
  4. Dual boot: Vista and Windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual boot: Vista and Windows 7: Why does Vista "loop" when I try to obtain permission to access the D-drive from the C-drive. Vista is installed in C: and Windows 7 in D: and Iought tobe able to see both drives in Vista....
  5. Dual boot windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual boot windows 7: Hello everyone, I need to install to my laptop 2 different systems windows 7 and windows 10 for dual boot. Systems will be clean installed as no any systems installed yet. And those systems will be installed to GPT structured HDD. I need your recommendation which system...
  6. Dual booting Windows 7 and 10

Dual booting Windows 7 and 10: I have a PC running Windows 7 Home Premium, boot mode is 'Legacy BIOS in UEFI secure boot not supported', motherboard is a Gigabyte Z87X-D3H with a 100 Mhz bus, 16GB memory and 'UEFI: American Megatrends F5 05/16/2013' with a 250GB SSD. I want to dual boot with W7 and W10....
  7. dual boot Vista and windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    dual boot Vista and windows 10: Hi I have a old acer 5735z that runs Vista home premium 64 bit fine I have seen this model running windows 10 on a video channel I would like to try it out by dual booting and having a look and see what suits I have partitioned the hdd so there is plenty of space Any advise...
  8. Dual Boot Windows 7 and 10

Dual Boot Windows 7 and 10: I have Windows 7 on my C: drive, I downloaded Windows 10 from Microsoft onto a USB connected SATA drive on my laptop. (drive F:) When I go to install Windows 10 it does not ask me what drive I want to install it to. Will it automatically install to the F: drive since that is...
  9. Dual boot windows 10 & 7

Dual boot windows 10 & 7: Hello I have a computer with windows 7 home premium 64 bit with a genuine licence. I have two identicle SSDs (with different serial numbers obviously) I want to run windows 7 on one. I want to put the image of the original on the second and have a dual boot. Software...
  10. Reinstalling Windows 7 on 7/10 dual boot breaks dual boot

Reinstalling Windows 7 on 7/10 dual boot breaks dual boot: I installed the 10 tech preview along side my win 7 ultimate, I reinstalled, the Windows 7 side of the HDD because after however many years the OS had a LOT of clutter, and even though windows update was a nightmare I finally got all the updates installed and only the...