Windows 10: Dual Boot W10 and W7 with Bitlocker for both including enhanced PIN

Discus and support Dual Boot W10 and W7 with Bitlocker for both including enhanced PIN in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Has anyone done this? Also want a serperate data parition which should be bitclockerd and accessible by both OS. I have done this in the past for Vista... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by 5551212, Jun 18, 2020.

1. 5551212 Win User

Dual Boot W10 and W7 with Bitlocker for both including enhanced PIN

Has anyone done this? Also want a serperate data parition which should be bitclockerd and accessible by both OS. I have done this in the past for Vista and W7 and am wondering if anyone has current instructions or a tutorial. The dual boot and partitioning should be easy so am more worried about setting up Bitlocker for both and data.

:)

5551212, Jun 18, 2020

2. W10 Bitlocker indicates W7 OS drive?

Good day,

I wanted to activate Bitlocker on my W10 Pro PC. On the Bitlocker section of the Control Panel and on the list of drives, under Operating System drive, "Windows7_OS (C): Bitlocker Off" in indicated. Next to that is a link to "Turn on Bitlocker".

1) How is it that it is indicating a W7 drive when I am using W10? The W10 Pro I am now using was upgraded last year from W7 Pro. Is Bitlocker still linked to the legacy OS?

2) Is it safe to Turn on Bitlocker now with it indicating a W7 OS drive?

Incidentally, should I activate TPM before I turn on Bitlocker, or the sequence does not matter?

Could not find any articles on my questions. Hope someone can help.

Thank you.

ganwilliam, Jun 18, 2020
  3. tdug Win User
    Upgrading possible ? Dual boot (XP-32 / W7-64) to (XP-32 / W10-64)

Hi everybody,

I have a dual boot PC with Windows XP (32 bits) and Windows 7 (64 bits), both installed on a 500 Go SSD.

I have a 500 Go HDD for My documents, other data and games. Having two drives on a PC didn't cause any problem for upgrading W7 on another PC
    but there was no other OS.

My 2nd PC is declared to be W10 compatible.

The active partition is the one with XP. So the one with W7 is
    not active.

My two questions :

• Will the upgrade process be able to upgrade W7 even if it is not the active partition ?
    • Will XP and the dual boot persist ?
    Any experience with dual boot and W10 upgrading ?

4. RussThoms Win User

Is it possible to dual boot to w7 after w10 install w/o removing w10?

Original Title: Oldbeard

UPG to W10=>failure of Turbocad. Tried starting w/ older os. Is it possible to dual boot to w7 after w10 install w/o removing w10?

RussThoms, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Dual Boot W10 and W7 with Bitlocker for both including enhanced PIN - Similar Threads - Dual Boot W10

2. Run W7 legacy software on VM under W10 or dual boot?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Run W7 legacy software on VM under W10 or dual boot?: Hi, I've got a few questions: I'm currently using Windows 7 Pro on two separate PCs and with updates no longer being provided by Microsoft I'm considering installing Windows 10. My main concern is the software I have installed that will not run under Windows 10. I've got...
  3. Dead laptop that was running a dual boot with W7 and W10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dead laptop that was running a dual boot with W7 and W10: I have a HP Pavillion laptop that was faithfully running a dual boot setup with W7 and W10 for a few years. However, I made the fatal mistake of powering off the laptop when it asked which OS should run. Now the laptop is dead. DEAD. When the power button is pushed it...
  4. Dual boot w7/w10 , win10 partition raw in win7

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual boot w7/w10 , win10 partition raw in win7: hello, I have dual boot systems win7 and win10. Win 10 is primary system on SSD Disk0 with 2 partitions, boot/system and recovery. Bios MBR. (not uefi) Win 7 is on Disk3 part1 , all is working fine , both systems boot via win10 startup menu. Disks 1 and 2 are GPT raid0,...
  5. Clean install W10 on W7\W10 dual boot system.

Clean install W10 on W7\W10 dual boot system.: Just curious, is it possible to carry out a clean install of 10 on my hard drive which has 7 and 10 as a dual boot? obviously on the 10 partition. Thank you. 110034
  6. Dual Boot W10/W7 error message on boot

Dual Boot W10/W7 error message on boot: I have W10 and W7 on separate drives, and used the information on this thread Solved EasyBCD Dual Boot management for Win10 and Win7 on separate drives - Windows 10 Forums to enable dual booting without using the F8. The dual boot was followed from the W10 installation, and...
  7. Please, evaluate my W10 / W7 dual boot project.

Please, evaluate my W10 / W7 dual boot project.: I have been recently upgraded from Win7 Home x64 to Win 10. Initially I was planning to quickly roll back to my old good Win 7. *Wink But turned out I like Win10 more than I expected, so decided to make it my main OS from now on and use Win7 (I need it anyway, because of my...
  8. Dual boot w7 + w10

Dual boot w7 + w10: You are welcome. Glad we could help. Hi guys! Please help! So I have 2 ssd drive. Each of it has a working operating system (w7, w10). How to make the w10 dual boot menu? You had written, that we have to use the bcdboot command... From which operating system? I like...
  9. dual boot? w7 and w 10

dual boot? w7 and w 10: hi, is it possible to dual boot w7 and w 10?. I'm currently running w7 and i got offer for w10 already, my question is it possible to dual boot it and i want genuine w10 as well. i tried use media creation control and windows update but both failed at step 3 (75% overall) and...
  10. W7 pro & W10 dual boot problem

W7 pro & W10 dual boot problem: I want to Dual Boot my existing W7 pro with W10 pro as in Dual Boot Tutorial by Brink. I made W10 Installation USB removed fast boot & secure boot and installed W10. I have W7 (C drive) on a 500gb SSD and installed a new 500gb SSD for W10 (D drive) I installed W10 on the D...