Windows 10: dual boot win 10 ent with win 10 pro

Discus and support dual boot win 10 ent with win 10 pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have the win 10 enterprise preview edition but want to end up with the pro version. Can these 2 be installed at the same time? 7262 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by asiaexpat, Jun 20, 2015.

1. asiaexpat Win User

dual boot win 10 ent with win 10 pro

I have the win 10 enterprise preview edition but want to end up with the pro version. Can these 2 be installed at the same time?

:)

asiaexpat, Jun 20, 2015

2. Dual boot with win 10 upgrade using win 10 pro license?

I understand the the win 10 upgrade is an overwrite of the existing OS (which is win 7 sp2 for me). Can I buy the win 10 pro license as an upgrade to the win 10 upgrade? then download the upgrade and create a dual boot with the existing win 7? What is the
    procedure for dual boot?

thank you,

win 7 home sp2

i7

16gb

HotmailShawn, Jun 20, 2015
  3. Install Win 10 Pro as dual boot currently have Win 7 Pro

Can you provide tutorial how partition in disk manager in Win 7 Pro?

Also must format partition e.g. NTFS ... if plan dual boot with Win 10 Pro?

also what partition type must do e.g. Primary or Logical or ... ? Win 10 Pro must installed in only Primary partitions as dual boot[2nd OS]?

Lse123polis, Jun 20, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

the Enterprise has some additional enterprise features that PRO does not. For example: Windows To Go, AppLocker, DirectAccess, etc. so why would you want to dual boot with PRO ?
    However, The answer is YES.

topgundcp, Jun 20, 2015
  5. asiaexpat Win User
    becasue of this--from another website

"If anyone is running the Windows 10 Enterprise preview edition, make note that this version will not be eligible for the free upgrade, since Enterprise requires a Volume Licensing agreement. If you are running Enterprise on a device that won’t require Enterprise after July 29th, it would likely be a good idea to reinstall the preview with the Pro version instead so that it will be updated to the full release."

So my idea is to install pro on the side--get it all working and then abandon the enterprise version..Cause I am upgrading from a valid win 7 license

asiaexpat, Jun 20, 2015
  6. Given that Enterprise W10 is essentially a dead-end for many folks, I fail to see why you would even want to keep using it, especially given that you want to end up upgrading Win7 to Win10. IF it were my system, I would just remove the Enterprise version and install the Win10 TP Pro version in its place.

Mark Phelps, Jun 20, 2015
  7. Yeah, if it was a legal 8.1 Enterprise install I could see dual booting with 10 Pro. Not much point keeping it though if its going to time out and become non functional anyway. I guess it all boils down to why you installed it in the first place and what functionality you need that isn't in Pro. You could always install 10 Pro, and then run 10 Enterprise in a VM.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. dual boot win 10 ent with win 10 pro - Similar Threads - dual boot ent

2. Dual Boot Win 10 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Boot Win 10 to Win 10: I have problem related to setting up a dual boot. i am running Windows version 20H2 . When I tried to install windows on a partition using the latest Windows 10 USB installation, the setup continually rebooted after copying the installation files. I tried several times and...
  3. win 10 dual boot

win 10 dual boot: Running win 7 want to set up win10 in Partition. bought win 10 cd but it wants to overwrite win 7 rather then install in separate partition. I have the key etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-dual-boot/e592c47b-19de-4d84-9df2-7b9c6bb4aed9
  4. Dual booting with Win 10 Pro and Win 7 Pro

Dual booting with Win 10 Pro and Win 7 Pro: I'll be receiving a new computer with Win 10 Pro as my computer w/ Windows 7 Pro crashed. I'd like to take the hard drive with Windows 7 Pro and install it into the new one to have dual booting. Any problem doing that and what steps are needed? Thank you....
  5. Dual Boot Win 10 Pro and Win 7 Pro

Dual Boot Win 10 Pro and Win 7 Pro: Hi All, nice to be on board. I have a home built machine (specs entered when creating this account). I had a Dual boot system working like a dream, Win 10 Pro installed first (through upgrade a few months back) and then I created a separate partition and successfully...
  6. dual boot win 10/ win 7

dual boot win 10/ win 7: Hi, I have been tried to install win 7 64 bits on dual boot with win 10 64 bits already installed on my laptop but always failed. I've searched tutorials but didn't find complete ones .Most of the tutos are about installing win 10 over wind 7 on dual boot but not the...
  7. Dual-boot Win 10 Pro and Win 8.1 Pro question

Dual-boot Win 10 Pro and Win 8.1 Pro question: Dual-boot Win 10 Pro and Win 8.1 Pro question I plan to dual-boot Win 10 Pro and Win 8.1 Pro in a singular HDD. I have at the moment in an WD 1 TB HDD 2 partitions with Win 10 Pro partition (partition 1 - version 1511 and partition 2 - version 1703 -still on...
  8. Dual Boot Win 7 pro and Win 10

Dual Boot Win 7 pro and Win 10: I have new computer win 7 pro with all SSD. I plan to Install Win 10 onto a separate SSD (Samsung 500gb) and will just unplug my C Drive SSD with Win 7. The C drive SSD is also 500gb Samsung but only 152gb left on that drive. Any Comments / potential problems I may have. I...
  9. dual boot win 7 and win 10?

dual boot win 7 and win 10?: I currently have win10 on a partition. I have a second partition big enough for win7. Can I install win 7 on that partition. Will installing win7 result in a win7 style boot manager? If so, how to get the win 10 boot manager? One reason I want to do this, win7 has WMC...
  10. Win XP Dual Boot with Win 10

Win XP Dual Boot with Win 10: Hello Im not sure which would be the best way to do this, Google is good most of the time but I am getting nowhere apart from getting more stress and a headache. I have Win XP with SP2 already loaded and set up just right on a sata drive, Ive bought a new motherboard,...