Windows 10: Dual Boot Win 10 to Win 10

Discus and support Dual Boot Win 10 to Win 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have problem related to setting up a dual boot. i am running Windows version 20H2 . When I tried to install windows on a partition using the latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Brentg, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Brentg Win User

Dual Boot Win 10 to Win 10

I have problem related to setting up a dual boot. i am running Windows version 20H2 .
    When I tried to install windows on a partition using the latest Windows 10 USB installation, the setup continually rebooted after copying the installation files. I tried several times and thought my USB might be bad, so I made another Win 10 installation/with updates on another USB drive. Again I got to a point where the files were copied and the computer just rebooted and started over again.
    At that point, I pulled the USB and tried to boot to my C: drive where I had windows 10 installed, but was unable to as the boot offering was several drives such as Windows 10 - 3, 4, 5, etc, none of which worked.
    Luckily I had made a boot CD that I created with Macrium and when I booted from it I was allowed to copy BCD files to my C drive and was able to boot to my original Windows 10 (the one with no sound).
    Today, I decided to format the partition and wipe off the files on it.. Again I couldn't load Windows 10 using the USB as it kept stating that an error had occurred and windows couldn't continue, press any key to reboot, at which point it came back with the same error.
    So, I tried to boot to C drive again and got the following error.
    "Recovery - Your PC needs to be repaired: The application or operating system couldn't be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors. File \Windows\System32\winload.efi
    This time I couldn't boot from the Macrium CD or the USB, and was able to only when I switched the boot to "legacy mode". Once I boot up again, I repaired the boot files with Macrium and was able to boot back to my original Windows 10.
    I set up a dual boot years ago, without a problem, so I can't see what I'm doing wrong. The initial USB drive I used must be good because I successfully reinstalling Windows 10 on my C: drive and fixed a "no sound" problem.
    Can you guys help me? Thanks

:)

Brentg, Dec 7, 2020
  2. RealNeil Win User

Win 10 boots...

I can't answer to the speed of Win-8 booting. I tried the Win-8 preview and went back to Win-7 after a month. They say that Win-8.1 is a lot better than Win-8 was.
    My Win-10 TP is working well ATM.

RealNeil, Dec 7, 2020
  3. RealNeil Win User
    Win 10 boots...

Interesting that it works on that oldie but goody laptop.

I don't notice any speed lags with Win-10 TP, but I'm using it on an i5-4670K system with an SSD for the boot drive, so it's snappy.

RealNeil, Dec 7, 2020
  4. Dual Boot Win 10 to Win 10

Win 10 boots...

People have Win 10 installed?

Easy Rhino, Dec 7, 2020
Thema:

Dual Boot Win 10 to Win 10

1. Dual Boot Win 10 to Win 10 - Similar Threads - Dual Boot

2. windows 11 dual boot will only show last booted OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 dual boot will only show last booted OS: windows 11 dual boot will only show last booted OS not the boot manager for selection. I have to reset the booted OS to get the boot manager to show...
  3. windows 11 dual boot will only show last booted OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 dual boot will only show last booted OS: windows 11 dual boot will only show last booted OS not the boot manager for selection. I have to reset the booted OS to get the boot manager to show...
  4. Windows 11 Lost Activation and cannot Reactivate after setting up Dual-Boot with Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Lost Activation and cannot Reactivate after setting up Dual-Boot with Ubuntu: Greetings,I have an MSI Laptop - previously it had Windows 10 on it and I've recently upgraded to Windows 11. I did a fresh install of 11 as opposed to just upgrading, but it copied my license key over from the previous installation automatically, since it's all been on the...
  5. Windows 11 Lost Activation and cannot Reactivate after setting up Dual-Boot with Ubuntu

Windows 11 Lost Activation and cannot Reactivate after setting up Dual-Boot with Ubuntu: Greetings,I have an MSI Laptop - previously it had Windows 10 on it and I've recently upgraded to Windows 11. I did a fresh install of 11 as opposed to just upgrading, but it copied my license key over from the previous installation automatically, since it's all been on the...
  6. How to fix winload.efi after deleting win11 from a Dual boot with windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to fix winload.efi after deleting win11 from a Dual boot with windows 10: I have a laptop with windows 10 LTSC,I disabled bitlocker, created a second partition as D:, and installed windows 11 for a test run.The dual boot worked fine, and windows always prompted me which I wanted to start 10 or 11 on bootup.I later decided to uninstall win11, by...
  7. How to fix winload.efi after deleting win11 from a Dual boot with windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix winload.efi after deleting win11 from a Dual boot with windows 10: I have a laptop with windows 10 LTSC,I disabled bitlocker, created a second partition as D:, and installed windows 11 for a test run.The dual boot worked fine, and windows always prompted me which I wanted to start 10 or 11 on bootup.I later decided to uninstall win11, by...
  8. How to fix winload.efi after deleting win11 from a Dual boot with windows 10

9. Ubuntu and several Windows partition is not detected in Windows Disk Management Dual Booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ubuntu and several Windows partition is not detected in Windows Disk Management Dual Booting: I have a problem regarding dual-boot installation of Ubuntu. I'm not very familiar on dual-booting but I follow several turtorial to do it. During installation of Ubuntu as dual-boot, I did not choose the option of manually partition, instead i choose the automatically...
  10. Ubuntu and several Windows partition is not detected in Windows Disk Management Dual Booting

Ubuntu and several Windows partition is not detected in Windows Disk Management Dual Booting: I have a problem regarding dual-boot installation of Ubuntu. I'm not very familiar on dual-booting but I follow several turtorial to do it. During installation of Ubuntu as dual-boot, I did not choose the option of manually partition, instead i choose the automatically...