Windows 10: dual boot win 10/ win 7

Discus and support dual boot win 10/ win 7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have been tried to install win 7 64 bits on dual boot with win 10 64 bits already installed on my laptop but always failed. I've searched... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by boubazm, Jul 19, 2017.

1. boubazm Win User

dual boot win 10/ win 7

Hi, I have been tried to install win 7 64 bits on dual boot with win 10 64 bits already installed on my laptop but always failed. I've searched tutorials but didn't find complete ones .Most of the tutos are about installing win 10 over wind 7 on dual boot but not the opposite.Please help!

:)

boubazm, Jul 19, 2017

2. Dual boot installation?

I currently dual boot Win 7 and Win 8 on my Dell PC. I want to do the clean install of Win 10 on the Win 8 partition. My question is will it affect the Win 7 partition and will I be able to dual boot win 7 and Win 10?

Thanks,

Brian

Sportsdadmi39, Jul 19, 2017
  3. I have Dual Booting Windows 7 Ultimate & Windows 8.1 Pro, Is upgrading my windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 will erase Windows 7 ?

I had win 7 and win 10 dual boot, running just fine for several months.

THEN last nite somehow win 7 decided to updgrade to win 10 , even though win 7 was running.

Result was win 7 upgraded to win 10. Now dual boot has win 10 on one partition and win 10 upgrade on other portion. The upgraded win 7 (win 10) is all fouled and does not function. The original dual boot win 10 works ok.

The Microsoft upgrade somehow assassinated my smoothly running system, and I am jumping thru hoops trying to get my win 7/10 dual boot restored from a March 2016 disk image (that I thoughtfully had created while everything was working smoothly). This restore
    is currently in progress, and I pray will be successful .. Will find out in a few hours. BUT .. I might jump off a bridge if win 10 again updates somehow to again assassinate my system. It is inexplicable to me that win 10 installs over win 7 when I have
    not agreed/selected/opted to upgrade to win 10 while running the dual booted win 7. I don't know how it happened, and I don't know how to prevent it from recurring. Any suggestions?

DennisTOTH0919, Jul 19, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

dual boot win 10/ win 7

It is same - create some unallocated space on drive, boot from installation drive, install in unallocated space.

If PC id uefi, you have to turn off secure boot. Also only use usb2 slots.

cereberus, Jul 19, 2017
  5. boubazm Win User
    That's what I did but never succeeded

boubazm, Jul 19, 2017
  6. cereberus Win User
    See additional comments.

cereberus, Jul 19, 2017
  7. boubazm Win User
    I'm looking for a clear tutorial.

boubazm, Jul 19, 2017
  8. cereberus Win User

dual boot win 10/ win 7

What is to say really. You do not say why it failed. Problem is more likely due to problem of installing Windows 7 rather than dual booting.

cereberus, Jul 19, 2017
  9. boubazm Win User
    Yes,indeed the problem is installing win 7

boubazm, Jul 19, 2017
  10. cereberus Win User
    Are we playing 20 questions?

We cannot help you unless YOU provide us details of error messages, things you have tried etc. Regrettably we are not clairvoyant.

cereberus, Jul 19, 2017
  11. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

dual boot win 10/ win 7

1. dual boot win 10/ win 7 - Similar Threads - dual boot

2. windows 11 dual boot will only show last booted OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 dual boot will only show last booted OS: windows 11 dual boot will only show last booted OS not the boot manager for selection. I have to reset the booted OS to get the boot manager to show...
  3. windows 11 dual boot will only show last booted OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 dual boot will only show last booted OS: windows 11 dual boot will only show last booted OS not the boot manager for selection. I have to reset the booted OS to get the boot manager to show...
  4. Windows 11 Lost Activation and cannot Reactivate after setting up Dual-Boot with Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Lost Activation and cannot Reactivate after setting up Dual-Boot with Ubuntu: Greetings,I have an MSI Laptop - previously it had Windows 10 on it and I've recently upgraded to Windows 11. I did a fresh install of 11 as opposed to just upgrading, but it copied my license key over from the previous installation automatically, since it's all been on the...
  5. Windows 11 Lost Activation and cannot Reactivate after setting up Dual-Boot with Ubuntu

Windows 11 Lost Activation and cannot Reactivate after setting up Dual-Boot with Ubuntu: Greetings,I have an MSI Laptop - previously it had Windows 10 on it and I've recently upgraded to Windows 11. I did a fresh install of 11 as opposed to just upgrading, but it copied my license key over from the previous installation automatically, since it's all been on the...
  6. How to fix winload.efi after deleting win11 from a Dual boot with windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to fix winload.efi after deleting win11 from a Dual boot with windows 10: I have a laptop with windows 10 LTSC,I disabled bitlocker, created a second partition as D:, and installed windows 11 for a test run.The dual boot worked fine, and windows always prompted me which I wanted to start 10 or 11 on bootup.I later decided to uninstall win11, by...
  7. How to fix winload.efi after deleting win11 from a Dual boot with windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix winload.efi after deleting win11 from a Dual boot with windows 10: I have a laptop with windows 10 LTSC,I disabled bitlocker, created a second partition as D:, and installed windows 11 for a test run.The dual boot worked fine, and windows always prompted me which I wanted to start 10 or 11 on bootup.I later decided to uninstall win11, by...
  8. How to fix winload.efi after deleting win11 from a Dual boot with windows 10

9. Ubuntu and several Windows partition is not detected in Windows Disk Management Dual Booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ubuntu and several Windows partition is not detected in Windows Disk Management Dual Booting: I have a problem regarding dual-boot installation of Ubuntu. I'm not very familiar on dual-booting but I follow several turtorial to do it. During installation of Ubuntu as dual-boot, I did not choose the option of manually partition, instead i choose the automatically...
  10. Ubuntu and several Windows partition is not detected in Windows Disk Management Dual Booting

Ubuntu and several Windows partition is not detected in Windows Disk Management Dual Booting: I have a problem regarding dual-boot installation of Ubuntu. I'm not very familiar on dual-booting but I follow several turtorial to do it. During installation of Ubuntu as dual-boot, I did not choose the option of manually partition, instead i choose the automatically...