Windows 10: Dual boot Win 7 installation Error on HP Pavilion 15

Discus and support Dual boot Win 7 installation Error on HP Pavilion 15 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everybody, I have been using dual boot OS in previous laptops, but this time I have been unable to install Windows 7 due to installation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by zaumo, Apr 17, 2020.

1. zaumo Win User

Dual boot Win 7 installation Error on HP Pavilion 15

Hello everybody, I have been using dual boot OS in previous laptops, but this time I
    have been unable to install Windows 7 due to installation problems.
    Overall I´d like to know if Win7 can run on the HP Pavilion 15. I need it because
    several programs don´t work in Win 10 even with the compatibility troubleshooter.

What I have tried:

- In Bios: disable safe boot, disable UEFI, enable Legacy. After saving changes,
    I check Windows System Information, and it still displays UEFI Mode. I restart
    to check the BIOS and it displays Legacy Mode.

- Install from bootable USB. Failed because my laptop has only USB 3.0 ports,
    not working with Win7.

- Decompress ISO and do regular install. Failed.
    I have read that I may have to downgrade from TPM 2.0 to 1.2
    but I couldn´t find an instalator compatible with my laptop.

The Win10 installation fails after copying files. After restarting
    it gives me a boot option to continue with Windows installation, but I
    just reach a dark screen.

Any clue on what could I do? Thanks

:)

zaumo, Apr 17, 2020

2. Dual boot, install win 7 on win 10

i try many way, yet still cannot install win 7 with preloaded win 10 laptop, anyway to dual boot with HP laptop ? setting on UFEI or any thing ?

L.Lawliet., Apr 17, 2020
  3. installing Windows10 Anniversary update HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC

installing Windows10 Anniversary update 93% HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC restart message or error code

ashley wiedemann, Apr 17, 2020
  4. Dual boot Win 7 installation Error on HP Pavilion 15

Dual boot, install win 7 on win 10

Hi,

Please provide us more information about the issue with dual booting so we can better assist you:

• What happens when trying to dual boot?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If you do, please send us screenshots.
    • At which point along the process are you getting an error?

In the meantime, you may check this
    Wiki Article
    and see if it helps.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Aileen Alf, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

Dual boot Win 7 installation Error on HP Pavilion 15

1. Dual boot Win 7 installation Error on HP Pavilion 15 - Similar Threads - Dual boot installation

2. i have an hp pavilion 15

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    i have an hp pavilion 15: hi i have a pavilion 15 it came with windows 7, but got a free update, 10 years down the line to today ive had to take to a store for factory reboot, but now its telling me the windows 10 which was installed in my laptop at the repair shop is saying not activated, i thought...
  3. HP Pavilion 15 will not boot up.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Pavilion 15 will not boot up.: I have tried the recommended method of hard shut down repeated after the logo and spinning wheel appear and it reaches the 'preparing automatic repair' stage. That is where it stays. I have left it on that screen for up to 15 hours at one stage, and nothing happens, therefore...
  4. Bluethooth not working HP pavilion 15

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluethooth not working HP pavilion 15: Bluetooth Drivers for Hp in windows 10 Model HP pavilion. I have tried all options first it was working well with mediatek BT adaptor and now it automatically takes ralink drivers. When I try to add Bluetooth it say no Bluetooth available in PC I have tried almost all...
  5. Cannot install win 7 as dual boot as it can't be install to the select

Cannot install win 7 as dual boot as it can't be install to the select: I currently have a windows 10 system (latest version 1909) that is install to an SSD as UEFI. I also have a 2nd drive which is a standard HDD that has 3 partitions. I want to install 7 to one of those partitions but when I attempted the install it will not install saying it...
  6. Dual Boot Win 10 & 7

Dual Boot Win 10 & 7: I run Win 10 (1803) on my main PC I was also running Win 10 (1803) on a secondary PC. I had a 3rd PC running Win 7 (for certain older apps I need) The PC running 7 started to have major hardware problems, so I had to junk it, but kept the HDD with 7 and my programs. I...
  7. Dual Boot Win 7 and Win10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dual Boot Win 7 and Win10: Apologies if this is 'old hat'. I'm having trouble with win 10 (getting wifi working) and have a thread specifically on that subject already open. I'm in the position of installing win10 on my son's laptop and soon have to give it to him - but he lives 80 miles away. Win10...
  8. dual boot win 10/ win 7

dual boot win 10/ win 7: Hi, I have been tried to install win 7 64 bits on dual boot with win 10 64 bits already installed on my laptop but always failed. I've searched tutorials but didn't find complete ones .Most of the tutos are about installing win 10 over wind 7 on dual boot but not the...
  9. Win 7 and Win 10 Dual Boot

Win 7 and Win 10 Dual Boot: After reading many posts & reply's, I now think/understand that I cannot Dual Boot win 7 and win 10 using free Win 10, if I want to do that I must buy Win 10. Reason is the MS will not allow free Win 10 if I am still using Win 7. 1st I must update my win 7 with win 10...
  10. dual boot win 7 and win 10?

dual boot win 7 and win 10?: I currently have win10 on a partition. I have a second partition big enough for win7. Can I install win 7 on that partition. Will installing win7 result in a win7 style boot manager? If so, how to get the win 10 boot manager? One reason I want to do this, win7 has WMC...