Windows 10: Dual boot Win10 and Win11 on same SSD, different partitions possible?

Discus and support Dual boot Win10 and Win11 on same SSD, different partitions possible? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I HATE Win11, yea, REALLY, but it runs my 3D-CAD software faster Alder Lake, so i though i would make a work-boot with Win11 and then keep the Win10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Peter Design, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Dual boot Win10 and Win11 on same SSD, different partitions possible?

Hi,I HATE Win11, yea, REALLY, but it runs my 3D-CAD software faster Alder Lake, so i though i would make a work-boot with Win11 and then keep the Win10 for everything else. Is this possible? Reading about people getting problems with their product keys. Will i also need 2 keys for office 2019 if used on 2 different OS and boots? not happy to pay for subscriptions Office 365

:)

Peter Design, Dec 1, 2021

2. dual boot

You initially asked:

is it possible to remove win 10 from dual booting?
    Yes, of course it is!

What you probably wanted to ask is this:

• How to remove Win10 from dual booting
    • How to remove Win10 from the disk

I already gave you an answer to your first question.

The answer to the second question depends on your disk / partition structure. Please use snippingtool.exe to post a picture of the Disk Manager frame (diskmgmt.msc).

Frederik Long, Dec 1, 2021
  3. dual boot on m.2 ssd

i have a laptop hp 15-ay503tx with

core i5 6th gen

8 gb ddr4 ram

1 TB hdd 5400rpm.

currently i am using dual boot windows 7 ultimate and windows 10 both on same hdd on different partitions.

i am going to install a

860 EVO 250GB SATA III M.2 SSD
    on this laptop and want to use this ssd as windows partition.

i want to install dual os both windows 7 and windows 10 on this ssd.

want to know is it possible? experts gives opinion and also microsoft.

thanks in advance.

MD ABIDALI, Dec 1, 2021
  4. Dual boot Win10 and Win11 on same SSD, different partitions possible?

dual boot on m.2 ssd

i have a laptop hp 15-ay503tx with

core i5 6th gen

8 gb ddr4 ram

1 TB hdd 5400rpm.

currently i am using dual boot windows 7 ultimate and windows 10 both on same hdd on different partitions.

i am going to install a

860 EVO 250GB SATA III M.2 SSD
    on this laptop and want to use this ssd as windows partition.

i want to install dual os both windows 7 and windows 10 on this ssd.

want to know is it possible? experts gives opinion and also microsoft.

thanks in advance.

MD ABIDALI, Dec 1, 2021
Thema:

Dual boot Win10 and Win11 on same SSD, different partitions possible?

1. Dual boot Win10 and Win11 on same SSD, different partitions possible? - Similar Threads - Dual boot Win10

2. Dual boot Win10 on a Win11 machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual boot Win10 on a Win11 machine: First, I'm coming off of an ASUS ROG Strix GL703V that died after over 4 yrs of near flawless operation. This was a hardware death not a disc crash. In over 35 yrs of owning various laptops, I've never had one die on me, plenty of disc crashes tho. With that said, I was able...
  3. Dual boot Win10 on a Win11 machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual boot Win10 on a Win11 machine: First, I'm coming off of an ASUS ROG Strix GL703V that died after over 4 yrs of near flawless operation. This was a hardware death not a disc crash. In over 35 yrs of owning various laptops, I've never had one die on me, plenty of disc crashes tho. With that said, I was able...
  4. Dual boot Win10 and Win11 on same SSD, different partitions possible?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual boot Win10 and Win11 on same SSD, different partitions possible?: Hi,I HATE Win11, yea, REALLY, but it runs my 3D-CAD software faster Alder Lake, so i though i would make a work-boot with Win11 and then keep the Win10 for everything else. Is this possible? Reading about people getting problems with their product keys. Will i also need 2...
  5. How to dual boot from the same ssd but different partitions in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to dual boot from the same ssd but different partitions in Windows 10: Hi, On my notebook I had an installation of Windows 8.1 for work on drive C: and an installation of Windows 10 on drive D: for private use. Now I upgraded the Windows 8.1 version to Windows 10 and now when the notebook boot's up the option to choose the Windows version...
  6. How to merge a partition to boot partition(same ssd)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to merge a partition to boot partition(same ssd): submitted by /u/Ripcord999 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k2siue/how_to_merge_a_partition_to_boot_partitionsame_ssd/
  7. Win10 Dual Boot Different Hard Drives?

Win10 Dual Boot Different Hard Drives?: Hi all, I have two seperate SSDs and I would like to install two seperate win10 for dual boot. I do not want to parition part of one hard drive and have both windows on one ssd. Ive tried searching but can only find articles on dual boot seperate ssd with Windows and linux....
  8. Dual Boot on Same Drive, different partitions

Dual Boot on Same Drive, different partitions: I have two partitions: -Partition One has Windows -Partition Two has a Linux Distro If i reinstall Windows on Partition One and opt to remove everything will it also include wiping Partition Two with the Linux Distro? submitted by /u/AlphaXexia [link] [comments]...
  9. Dual-booting the same system image in two partitions of the same SSD

Dual-booting the same system image in two partitions of the same SSD: Hi all! My laptop currently has two partitions: the Primary one & one storing files. Due to work, I'd like to create a new partition & install exactly the same image as on my Primary drive, which I'll tweak over time. My Windows is OEM, as it was installed by the...
  10. Win10 Install For Dual Boot Partition Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Install For Dual Boot Partition Problem: I'm trying to do a clean install of Win10 on my Win7 desktop using Unallocated Space on the HDD. I thought I could have up to 4 Primary partitions, but I get this error when I try to select it. Any ideas? 146516