Windows 10: Dual boot Win7 & Win10 on same HDD - How to eliminate Win7?

Discus and support Dual boot Win7 & Win10 on same HDD - How to eliminate Win7? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had a single hard drive with Windows 7 on it and then created another partition and loaded Windows 10 on that resulting in a dual boot setup.I want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ncsercs, Jul 24, 2019.

1. ncsercs Win User

Dual boot Win7 & Win10 on same HDD - How to eliminate Win7?

I had a single hard drive with Windows 7 on it and then created another partition and loaded Windows 10 on that resulting in a dual boot setup.I want to eliminate the dual boot setup and delete the partition with windows 7 on it leaving a single partition with only Windows 10.How can I do that without totally messing up the MBR and the booting process?Thanks!

:)

ncsercs, Jul 24, 2019
  2. jbb_user Win User

Win7 / Win10 dual boot only boots to Win10

I have a home build machine with a dual partition for booting either Win7 or Win10 selectable.

The order was Win7 followed by Win10 in the menu.

The machine would always display a screen where I could select either Win7 or Win 10. If I didn't select in time the default was the first in the menu which was Win7

Starting this evening the machine no longer displays the selection menu but instead boots immediately and directly to Win10.

What's wrong?

How can I fix this so it works the original way?

jbb_user, Jul 24, 2019
  3. Dual boot Win7 and Win10 on seperate HDD's

Hi all,
    I am sure that this has been asked a thousand times but I am new here so please bear with me.
    Th problem I have is that I loaded Win 10 on a separate HDD went to dual boot. The computer stared then it carried out a scan disk and happily deleted all the files needed to boot to win 10. I used the method of disconnecting my Win7 while installing Win10 onto the separate HDD however when I reconnected my Win7 disk and booted the computer carried out a scan disk as I said. Can someone help me please as I would like to load Win10 and then run it for a while and get used to it before moving completely over to it.
    Regards
    Chris

• Dual boot Win7 & Win10 on same HDD - How to eliminate Win7? 002.png

Chris Pear, Jul 24, 2019
  4. Dual boot Win7 & Win10 on same HDD - How to eliminate Win7?

Dual boot Win7 and Win10 on seperate HDD's

Yea I did that by having win7 on one HDD and win10 on another however I couldn't dual boot as win7 wouldn't let me.
    I would like to dual boot so I can use both win10 and win7 and use them with the programs I have loaded.

Chris Pear, Jul 24, 2019
Thema:

Dual boot Win7 & Win10 on same HDD - How to eliminate Win7?

1. Dual boot Win7 & Win10 on same HDD - How to eliminate Win7? - Similar Threads - Dual boot Win7

2. Dual boot Win10 Win7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual boot Win10 Win7: Hi, Some time ago I bought a new laptop with Win10 pre-installed on it and have been trying to make my old programs work with this OS. I've found solutions for most of them but for a couple (a database and some old games) it doesn't seem possible to make them run on Win10....
  3. Will update Win7>Win10 deactivate second Win7 drive in a Dual boot?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will update Win7>Win10 deactivate second Win7 drive in a Dual boot?: Here's the situation. I have a 17" laptop with two Win 7 drives set up with dual boot. One is a 128gb SSD with all my work software. (AutoCad, Rhino, etc) The other is a new 256 SSD with only the Win7 OS installed. Both use the same laptop Product key. I would like to...
  4. Dual boot Win7 and Win10 on seperate HDD's

Dual boot Win7 and Win10 on seperate HDD's: Hi all, I am sure that this has been asked a thousand times but I am new here so please bear with me. Th problem I have is that I loaded Win 10 on a separate HDD went to dual boot. The computer stared then it carried out a scan disk and happily deleted all the files needed...
  5. how can I dual boot win10 and win7

how can I dual boot win10 and win7: I upgraded to win 10 on my pc bt I discovered my gaming is too slow, so I want to install win 7 through a system image I created on my second pc( the same type and specs but different username and o.s since I upgraded my main pc from win7 to win10) onto the new...
  6. how can I dual boot win10 with win7

how can I dual boot win10 with win7: simply, will have legal activated copies of each on the same PC in different drives. Right now, I have win 10, but I will have win7 on another drive. 97664
  7. Win10+Win7 dual boot issue

Win10+Win7 dual boot issue: Dear all, I hope I have not missed a thread with a similar problem: I had Win10 installed on drive C: with the boot loader on drive D: (where I previously had my old Win10 installation). I wanted to add Win7 to my PC and formated drive D: - I totally forgot that I had the...
  8. Dual Boot Win7/Win10

Dual Boot Win7/Win10: Reloaded factory software on Dell XPS laptop Win7. Created additional partition for Win10. Installed Win10 iso from boot to the separate partition. Previously labeled C drive as Win7 and D drive as Win10. Default boot is Win7. Works fine. On the boot screen I choose Win10....
  9. Upgrade dual boot Win7/Win8 to Win10 (keep Win7)?

Upgrade dual boot Win7/Win8 to Win10 (keep Win7)?: Hi, I have a dual boot set up - Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on an SSD drive and Windows 8.1 on a second hard drive. I would like to upgrade Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and keep the Windows 7 OS in tact. Is this possible? Can I just go through the upgrade process from...
  10. Dual Boot Win7 & Win10

Dual Boot Win7 & Win10: I used the ISO (64bit) burnt to DVD, changed boot order to install and installed to a new 250GB HDD, setup was about 15 mins and the dual boot works great, Windows 10 installed fine and Windows 7 has not been affected and runs as normal *Biggrin 2010