Windows 10: Dual Boot Win7 & Win10

Discus and support Dual Boot Win7 & Win10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I use this, but I don`t do UEFI, always Legacy. Works perfectly, every time. WiNToBootic bootable usb drive windows vista/7/8 - Bootable USB |... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Stephanie, Oct 1, 2014.

1. GARoss Win User

Dual Boot Win7 & Win10

Thanks AddRAM. Too late. I'm in the process of burning DVD. Neither of the Rufus methods or Win 7 USB?DVD worked for USB boot. If DVD boot doesn't work I'll try your suggestion.

GARoss, Oct 30, 2014
  2. AddRAM Win User

A dvd should work fine.

AddRAM, Oct 30, 2014
  3. GARoss Win User
    The DVD got to 95% & failed. As promised I'm trying your suggestion. It could be the ISO is corrupt. The ISO file size is 3.81 Gb which should be correct. Not sure how to validate ISOs. Hope WiNToBootic works.

GARoss, Oct 30, 2014
  4. GARoss Win User

Dual Boot Win7 & Win10

I did see an option for UEFI or Legacy. Rufus just mentioned UEFI.

GARoss, Oct 30, 2014
  5. GARoss Win User
    The DVD got to 95% & failed. As promised I'm trying your suggestion. It could be the ISO is corrupt. The ISO file size is 3.81 Gb which should be correct. Not sure how to validate ISOs. Hope WiNToBootic works.
    I did see an option for UEFI or Legacy. Rufus just mentioned UEFI. Nope. ISO must be corrupt. Will download again.

GARoss, Oct 30, 2014
  6. badrobot Win User
    I did see an option for UEFI or Legacy. Rufus just mentioned UEFI. Nope. ISO must be corrupt. Will download again.
    When you burn the ISO to DVD, do it at the slowest speed (x6 or x8) to avoid errors.

badrobot, Oct 30, 2014
  7. GARoss Win User
    Tried DVD again & this time it completed the burn. Upon install it would not intall to USB 500Gb NTFS HDD so I allocated 50Gb on another drive. Trying again.

GARoss, Oct 30, 2014
  8. GARoss Win User

Dual Boot Win7 & Win10

Tried DVD again & this time it completed the burn. Upon install it would not intall to USB 500Gb NTFS HDD so I allocated 50Gb on another drive. Trying again. I'm in! Now on to finding my hardware. Somehow the install bypassed my GTX 560 Ti video card & selected the on motherboard GPU. All part of the fun, I guess. *Wink

GARoss, Oct 30, 2014
  9. GARoss Win User
    We're making progress! There was a system update that installed a graphic port update on my Gigabyte MB. This allow the nVidia driver to install. But, there is something weird going on. I do have dual monitors & with Windows 7 I installed software to have panoramic photos across both. I download some panoramics from Windows but they are different on each screen instead of one all the way across. How do you fix that?*Rolleyes

GARoss, Oct 31, 2014
  10. GARoss Win User
    Still making progress! Personalize/DesktopBackground/Picture position:SPAN fixed the display issue.

If anyone cares, Apache OpenOffice 4.1.1 works without issue.

GARoss, Oct 31, 2014
  11. badrobot Win User
    Thanks for update. Enjoy!

badrobot, Oct 31, 2014
  12. I just bought another SSD and plan on a dual boot Win 7 and Win 10. I have a UEFI bios so don't I have to use that option for the install? Thanks

stealth2920, Mar 8, 2015
  13. Dual Boot Win7 & Win10

I did a clean install of win10 on a separate HD via iso image to a DVD. I also installed Easy BCD 2.2 on my win7 hdd...... now on the screen that shows the Operating Systems upon bootup, when I choose Win10, I get the" unsigned digital file" error. I checked the box in Easybcd for win 10 that says except them but still get it. I can boot to Win7 or Unbuntu14 from the same screen, no problem.
    So to get to Win 10 I have to hit F12 at boot up and chose the HDD with win10 on it and it loads fine. not a big deal, but I'm a "why" type of guy!! Is Easybcd a prob with Win10. I can understand the digital signature thingy, any help.
    oh btw, I installed EasyBCD on my Win7 HDD which is the default.
    thanks, besides a few issues, I kinda like this Technical Release, considering I havent tries win8 yet.
    billd

dockmaster, Mar 9, 2015
  14. Some instructions for dual boot state to unplug all hard drives, but I have read some that state only need to unplug the hard drives with other OS on them. Which do you suggest I do?

stealth2920, Mar 9, 2015
  15. badrobot Win User
    If you think you are experienced enough and knowlegeable in recovering or fixing boot issues and if you are keeping data backups and system images, then don't unplug the other drives.
    But if you are new to all of this and it is your first time with the Win 10, tnen unplug those drives.

badrobot, Mar 9, 2015
Thema:

Dual Boot Win7 & Win10

1. Dual Boot Win7 & Win10 - Similar Threads - Dual Boot Win7

2. win10/win7 dual boot (hardware option)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win10/win7 dual boot (hardware option): On my desktop I am using ICY DOCK SSD cage for my OS: MB322SP-B_ExpressCage_2.5" HDD/SSD CAGES_ICY DOCK manufacturer Removable enclosure, Screwless hard drive enclosure, SAS SATA Mobile Rack, DVR Surveillance Recording, Video Audio Editing, SATA portable hard drive enclosure...
  3. Dual boot Win10 Win7

Dual boot Win10 Win7: Hi, Some time ago I bought a new laptop with Win10 pre-installed on it and have been trying to make my old programs work with this OS. I've found solutions for most of them but for a couple (a database and some old games) it doesn't seem possible to make them run on Win10....
  4. Will update Win7>Win10 deactivate second Win7 drive in a Dual boot?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will update Win7>Win10 deactivate second Win7 drive in a Dual boot?: Here's the situation. I have a 17" laptop with two Win 7 drives set up with dual boot. One is a 128gb SSD with all my work software. (AutoCad, Rhino, etc) The other is a new 256 SSD with only the Win7 OS installed. Both use the same laptop Product key. I would like to...
  5. Dual boot Win7 and Win10 on seperate HDD's

Dual boot Win7 and Win10 on seperate HDD's: Hi all, I am sure that this has been asked a thousand times but I am new here so please bear with me. Th problem I have is that I loaded Win 10 on a separate HDD went to dual boot. The computer stared then it carried out a scan disk and happily deleted all the files needed...
  6. Dual Boot Win7 after the Win10 Upgrade

Dual Boot Win7 after the Win10 Upgrade: Just wondering if this can be done or would I be opening a can of worms. I recently did the Win7 to Win10 upgrade. All is fine. The Win7 was OEM and I have the 4 OEM disks that came with the PC. Is it possible now to reinstall Win7 on a new partition on my C drive, using...
  7. Win10+Win7 dual boot issue

Win10+Win7 dual boot issue: Dear all, I hope I have not missed a thread with a similar problem: I had Win10 installed on drive C: with the boot loader on drive D: (where I previously had my old Win10 installation). I wanted to add Win7 to my PC and formated drive D: - I totally forgot that I had the...
  8. Dual Boot Win7/Win10

Dual Boot Win7/Win10: Reloaded factory software on Dell XPS laptop Win7. Created additional partition for Win10. Installed Win10 iso from boot to the separate partition. Previously labeled C drive as Win7 and D drive as Win10. Default boot is Win7. Works fine. On the boot screen I choose Win10....
  9. Dual Boot on Win7 after issues with win10

Dual Boot on Win7 after issues with win10: hi, I am new on this forum, but not new with windows or OS setup. I was running win 7 (64bit) pleasantly but decided to install Win10, did all the needed stuff for getting dual boot setup. Win10 booted fine, when selected from dual boot menu, but I have many issues on...
  10. Upgrade dual boot Win7/Win8 to Win10 (keep Win7)?

Upgrade dual boot Win7/Win8 to Win10 (keep Win7)?: Hi, I have a dual boot set up - Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on an SSD drive and Windows 8.1 on a second hard drive. I would like to upgrade Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and keep the Windows 7 OS in tact. Is this possible? Can I just go through the upgrade process from...