Windows 10: dual boot Windows 10 Pro, these two NVMe's will get linked

Discus and support dual boot Windows 10 Pro, these two NVMe's will get linked in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Motherboard ASUS PRIME Z370-A / Motherboard / ATX / LGA1151 Socket / Z370 supports two NVMe/PCIe SSD m.2 I currently have OS Win 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LeonidasSavvides, Aug 22, 2020.

1. dual boot Windows 10 Pro, these two NVMe's will get linked

My Motherboard

ASUS PRIME Z370-A / Motherboard / ATX / LGA1151 Socket / Z370

supports two NVMe/PCIe SSD m.2

I currently have OS Win 10 Pro installed in one... but OS has updates/install-software problems - can Not do neither of the two.

I plan install a second NVMe card, and install OS Windows 10 Pro as dual boot system

Eventually - in 1 year - i will remove first NVMe

What advice can you give... If dual boot Windows 10 Pro, these two NVMe's will get linked? Choose during boot what os boot?

Exist preferably other way - Not linked - but choose which one disk to boot - each time - from BIOS/UEFI... if differ from last boot? And Not choose during boot, ... like linux dual boot system, not like this.

If Not remove the old disk - during install of the second OS to new disk

The two Disks will linked - like Linux Dual boot, and I will have choice choose OS - Not from UEFI, but like GRAB/Linux choice ????

My Two HDD / in RAID 1 mode will Not affected correct??? If i not disconnect sata slot or power from HDDs, correct?

:)

LeonidasSavvides, Aug 22, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Dual Booting with Windows 8.1

The procedure below will allow you to boot Windows separately or in dual boot configuration.
    Here's what I recommend to do:
    1. Disconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    2. Install Windows 10 with one drive connected.
    3. After step 2, reconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    4. Boot up Windows 8.1. Open disk management and take a note of the drive letter of Windows 10 OS.
      NOTE: if you boot up Windows 10, then take a note of Windows 8.1 drive letter
    5. Open Admin command prompt and type: bcdboot X:\windows where X: is the drive letter of Windows 10 (Windows 8.1 if you boot from Windows 10 in step 4)
    6. Reboot the PC. You should have a dual boot screen.

NOTE: To break off the dual boot setting, Win+R->msconfig->boot and delete the none default entry on the list.

topgundcp, Aug 22, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 22, 2020
  4. erixx Win User

dual boot Windows 10 Pro, these two NVMe's will get linked

NVME 951 vs 950 pro dual boot

I have Intel 750 PCIE NVMe SSD and have dual boot on the X99-S. The mobo firmware must support booting from NVMe, but that is already a year old tech, most modern boards have had their BIOS updates for this.
    BTW, the NVMe part of the UEFI bios screen is just that, a statement, nothing to set up on my Sabertooth Z98, Gene Z98 board or on this X99.
    I remember that the Intel NVMe even booted correctly without the specific BIOS update on the Sabertooth, without being mentioned in any BIOS screen, it just booted! *Smile dual boot Windows 10 Pro, these two NVMe's will get linked :)

erixx, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

dual boot Windows 10 Pro, these two NVMe's will get linked

1. dual boot Windows 10 Pro, these two NVMe's will get linked - Similar Threads - dual boot Pro

2. Can't run two installations of Windows 10 Pro on two drives dual-boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't run two installations of Windows 10 Pro on two drives dual-boot: I have a computer that has a lot of stuff installed and it's acting weird sometimes. I want to reinstall Windows 10 Pro to clean up the system. I figured the best way to move forward would be to install a second SSD, install W10Pro on the SSD, and then dual-boot until I could...
  3. Can't run two installations of Windows 10 Pro on two drives dual-boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't run two installations of Windows 10 Pro on two drives dual-boot: I have a computer that has a lot of stuff installed and it's acting weird sometimes. I want to reinstall Windows 10 Pro to clean up the system. I figured the best way to move forward would be to install a second SSD, install W10Pro on the SSD, and then dual-boot until I could...
  4. Can't run two installations of Windows 10 Pro on two drives dual-boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How can I dual boot two instances of Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I dual boot two instances of Windows 10 Pro?: I've installed Windows 10 Pro on two separate SSD's but I can only choose which one I want to boot into by going into the bios and choosing the drive I want to boot into. How can I make the boot menu show up when I reset the PC so I don't have to go into the bios every time?...
  6. Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro

Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro: Greetings, I hope this finds you and yours as well as you can be, in these trying times. I am currently running a laptop with one OEM windows (came with the machine) and a retail copy I purchased, on two different partitions. I use the machine for music production and the...
  7. Dual Boot two Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dual Boot two Windows: Can I setup a Dual boot of two Window on same laptop having two different licenses? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-boot-two-windows/fc7ec334-c03a-4172-8b7e-d25da81c6763"
  8. Dual Boot Two Windows 10 Two Different Drives

Dual Boot Two Windows 10 Two Different Drives: Hello, I'm running Windows 10 (1803) on a HDD (in a laptop). I used the Windows 10 Media-Creation Tool (running from this HDD) to create a bootable installation-USB. I just installed a PCIe SSD, booted from the USB, and tried to install Windows 10 (1903) onto the SSD. The...
  9. Dual Boot two Windows 10 Pro issues

Dual Boot two Windows 10 Pro issues: Hello I just build a new pc and I decided to go for a dual boot (one will be used for work: music production/video editing and the other for casual stuff, gaming etc) each of the two Windows 10 is installed in it's own hard drive (two different SSD drives) The first issue...
  10. Dual boot. Two problems.

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual boot. Two problems.: Problem 1 *Smile I've successfully installed W10 to dual boot with Vista. It works well but for one irritation, which is that I am asked for my password every time I select and boot to W10. I get that multi-coloured W10 rainbow lock screen ? the one that you click and it...