Windows 10: Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Greetings, I hope this finds you and yours as well as you can be, in these trying times. I am currently running a laptop with one OEM windows (came... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gfd, Apr 4, 2020.

1. GFD
    gfd Win User

Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro

Greetings,

I hope this finds you and yours as well as you can be, in these trying times. I am currently running a laptop with one OEM windows (came with the machine) and a retail copy I purchased, on two different partitions. I use the machine for music production and the music install is pretty lean, so as not to interfere with the music. The OEM partition is for everyday use.

I am planning to build a desktop to improve horsepower. I will be selling the notebook and so will lose the OEM Windows. But I will still have need of 2 Windows installs (everyday stuff, and music).

I would like to get away without purchasing a second copy of Windows. So...after all this tedious preamble (sorry), can I install the same retail serial number on 2 different partitions, on the same machine? Will they both install? And will they activate?

Thanks,
    Graham

:)

2. topgundcp Win User

Dual Booting with Windows 8.1

The procedure below will allow you to boot Windows separately or in dual boot configuration.
    Here's what I recommend to do:
    1. Disconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    2. Install Windows 10 with one drive connected.
    3. After step 2, reconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    4. Boot up Windows 8.1. Open disk management and take a note of the drive letter of Windows 10 OS.
      NOTE: if you boot up Windows 10, then take a note of Windows 8.1 drive letter
    5. Open Admin command prompt and type: bcdboot X:\windows where X: is the drive letter of Windows 10 (Windows 8.1 if you boot from Windows 10 in step 4)
    6. Reboot the PC. You should have a dual boot screen.

NOTE: To break off the dual boot setting, Win+R->msconfig->boot and delete the none default entry on the list.

topgundcp, Apr 4, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 4, 2020
  4. Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro

dual boot windows xp with uefi windows 10

Hi,

It definitely is possible to do a dual boot of Windows 10 with a older version of Windows. There are several steps involved to successfully achieve your objective. For us to resolve your concern, we suggest you follow the step by step process provided by
    Andre Da Costa in the article:
    How to dual boot Windows 10 and older versions of Windows

This covers installing different versions of Windows alongside Windows 10 in a dual boot environment. Take note though to backup any important files that you have before proceeding with any of the steps to prevent any data loss.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro

1. Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Dual Boot Pro

2. Dual boot, Windows 10 pro, x64

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual boot, Windows 10 pro, x64: Hello guys, As I have intermittent problems with my current double boot I want to start from scratch, delete all windows partitions and efi. I wanna make a dual boot for Windows 10 pro with the following config :SSD 1: windows 10 pro partition with bitlocker activated , 1efi...
  3. Dual boot, Windows 10 pro, x64

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual boot, Windows 10 pro, x64: Hello guys, As I have intermittent problems with my current double boot I want to start from scratch, delete all windows partitions and efi. I wanna make a dual boot for Windows 10 pro with the following config :SSD 1: windows 10 pro partition with bitlocker activated , 1efi...
  4. Dual boot, Windows 10 pro, x64

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Dual boot XP on Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual boot XP on Windows 10 Pro: I have new Windows 10 Pro laptop and want to configure to dual boot Windows XP, what is the best way to go about. Installation on multiple partitions or creating virtual machine using Hyper-V? I need to do this on 10 laptops, what is the easy way to do it. It is possible to...
  6. Dual boot XP on Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual boot XP on Windows 10 Pro: I have new Windows 10 Pro laptop and want to configure to dual boot Windows XP, what is the best way to go about. Installation on multiple partitions or creating virtual machine using Hyper-V? I need to do this on 10 laptops, what is the easy way to do it. It is possible to...
  7. Regarding dual boot with Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Regarding dual boot with Windows 10 Pro: I had installed Windows 10 Pro on my starting disk space of ssd and additionally I installed Kali Linux 2020.4 at the end of my ssd 's space.Now when i start my system it doesnot ask for the required OS to boot and boots into Windows 10. I wanted to boot to my Kali Linux....
  8. dual boot without boot loader - Windows 10 Pro + Windows 10 Pro

dual boot without boot loader - Windows 10 Pro + Windows 10 Pro: About Dual boot if having installed Windows 10 Pro - but OS suffers cannot update OS neither install nor update Applications If I wanted dual boot it 1 If insert a second SSD, and install Windows 10 Pro --- this process will create a Boot loader - and at boot choose the...
  9. Dual boot Windows 10 Pro with Windows 10 Pro failed

Dual boot Windows 10 Pro with Windows 10 Pro failed: Hi, I have to make a dual boot with both Windows 10 Pro install on the same SSD of 512 GB. My problem is : The first one is installed well with the 4 partitions on a GPT style partition. When I want to install the second one, it tells me "Cannot install Windows. The...
  10. Dual boot Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 insider.

Dual boot Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 insider.: Can I dual boot my current Windows 10 Pro installation with an insider build? If so, how do I go about doing that? Do I just install another Windows 10 OS on the new partition or download an Insider ISO? What are the risks involved with it? The current installation is already...