Windows 10: Dual Boot, Windows 10, Ubuntu Problem

Discus and support Dual Boot, Windows 10, Ubuntu Problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a dual boot system that had been working fine until yesterday. Now when I go to boot Windows the grub menu shows "Windows Recovery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by grandpavic, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Dual Boot, Windows 10, Ubuntu Problem

I have a dual boot system that had been working fine until yesterday.

Now when I go to boot Windows the grub menu shows

"Windows Recovery Environment (loader) (on /dev/sda3)"

This leads to a window splash screen that last for about 10 second and then I get a black screen and the system goes no further.

It would seem that grub information on how to find the windows loader has become corrupted.

Any ideas on how to solve this will be appreciated.

:)

grandpavic, Jan 6, 2016

2. Can I dual boot Ubuntu after i upgrade to Win 10 from Win 7?

I currently have Windows 7 and Ubuntu installed side by side on my laptop and dual-booting is achieved through the GRUB boot-loader.

If I upgrade my Windows to Windows 10, will I be able to dual boot Ubuntu and Windows 10 or not?

Please help..

Sahil Singh Parashar, Jan 6, 2016
  3. Andre Da Costa, Jan 6, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Dual Boot, Windows 10, Ubuntu Problem

Grub2 is what is used now. How to Configure the GRUB2 Boot Loaders Settings

The issue is that Windows will screw up Grub2, if you make changes.

When you change anything in Grub, you have to write it, so that the Linux Kernel understands what you are doing. You always have to run sudo update grub. Otherwise it does not take.

bro67, Jan 7, 2016
  5. The boot problem that I mentioned is now solved. Windows 10 now boots from the MBR, I think!

There is a more serious problem with booting windows that I will start in a new thread.

grandpavic, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Dual Boot, Windows 10, Ubuntu Problem

1. Dual Boot, Windows 10, Ubuntu Problem - Similar Threads - Dual Boot Ubuntu

2. Dual Boot Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Boot Ubuntu: I am a software developer who has recently got some embedded systems work. The support community for the tools I will be using is built with the assumption of a Linux operating system. While for other types of work-loads, such as backend work, I have been happy with my...
  3. Dual boot Ubuntu

Dual boot Ubuntu: I tried 'Ubuntu' for a while. Later got the drive deleted. [ATTACH] But the Ubuntu Boot Manager is there in the BIOS ? How can I remove that? Dr Abdul Rasheed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-boot-ubuntu/8d273b76-c1f2-4f23-9ba6-28a4c96b9141
  4. Dual boot windows 10 and Ubuntu

Dual boot windows 10 and Ubuntu: Hi I've got Windows 10 and Ubuntu. My problem is that if I choose Ubuntu as default OS I can choose between Ubuntu and Windows but if I choose Windows as default OS I have no choice. I remember that some time ago I could choose OS from some blue menu. How to deal with this...
  5. Dual booting Ubuntu and Windows 10, can't boot into Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual booting Ubuntu and Windows 10, can't boot into Ubuntu: I've dual booted my computer with Ubuntu, I was able to boot into it for a while until windows updated itself and now it skips over the Linux boot menu. Secure and fast boot are both disabled. I've tried adding Ubuntu onto the Windows boot menu but I can't get that to work...
  6. Dual boot with Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual boot with Ubuntu: Hello, I wanted to dual boot with ubuntu on HDD while my windows is on SSD. Most tutorials I have seen usually show the option to select the OS they want to boot into when they start the computer. I was wondering if there is a way where I could always boot into windows...
  7. Uninstall Ubuntu Dual boot and Repairing Dual Boot in Windows 10

Uninstall Ubuntu Dual boot and Repairing Dual Boot in Windows 10: Hello. I had dual-booted my Dell laptop which came with preinstalled Windows 10. I had dual booted with Ubuntu 16.04 by creating a partition on the disk. To remove this dual boot, i.e. I only wanted to keep Windows 10, I formatted the disk, drive F(in my case), where Ubuntu...
  8. How to dual boot Ubuntu with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to dual boot Ubuntu with Windows 10?: Hi I want to dual boot ubuntu with windows. It seems i need to unlock some settings in windows 10 to dual boot ubuntu. What settings do i need to unlock? After installation, i always want windows to boot by default, i don't choose option. Not linux....
  9. Ubuntu Dual Boot

Ubuntu Dual Boot: I am using the non-metro Windows 10 boot loader to manage a dual boot setup (legacy BIOS) with Ubuntu. Generally, everything works fine. However, sometimes when I perform an update in Ubuntu, grub overwrites the Windows MBR. Then I have to use EasyBCD to restore the Windows...
  10. Dual Booting Windows 10 and Ubuntu 15.04

Dual Booting Windows 10 and Ubuntu 15.04: Hi, I've just built my desktop and I'm trying to dual boot Windows 10 and Ubuntu 15.04. I've already partitioned my hard drive, and installed Windows 10 and Ubuntu 15.04, but I'm trying to get to a place where I can choose what OS to start whenever I turn on my...