Windows 10: Dual boot Windows 10 with XP

Discus and support Dual boot Windows 10 with XP in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all I have recently purchased an OMEN 880 (win 10 home edition pre-installed),with 2 empty bays on top for extra hard drives and I would like to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jujul0708, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Jujul0708 Win User

Dual boot Windows 10 with XP

Hi all

I have recently purchased an OMEN 880 (win 10 home edition pre-installed),with 2 empty bays on top for extra hard drives and I would like to know if it's possible to install the hard drive from my Asus into one of these bays, then dual boot. I have read on the forums about using a partition, but I would really prefer to use the hard drive as it already has XP (home edition SP3) on it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated Dual boot Windows 10 with XP :)

Thanx Ju Dual boot Windows 10 with XP :)

:)

Jujul0708, Oct 12, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 12, 2018
  3. freaksavior, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Dual boot Windows 10 with XP

dual boot windows xp with uefi windows 10

Hi,

It definitely is possible to do a dual boot of Windows 10 with a older version of Windows. There are several steps involved to successfully achieve your objective. For us to resolve your concern, we suggest you follow the step by step process provided by
    Andre Da Costa in the article:
    How to dual boot Windows 10 and older versions of Windows

This covers installing different versions of Windows alongside Windows 10 in a dual boot environment. Take note though to backup any important files that you have before proceeding with any of the steps to prevent any data loss.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

Dual boot Windows 10 with XP

1. Dual boot Windows 10 with XP - Similar Threads - Dual boot

2. Dual boot Ubuntu with pre-installed Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual boot Ubuntu with pre-installed Windows: Hi! I have a Dell Inspiron 3543 laptop, which came pre-installed with Windows 8.1. I upgraded it to Windows 10 back in 2015, and currently I'm using Version 1903 OS Build 18362.175. I wish to set up a dual boot with Ubuntu 18.04.2 on this laptop. Is it possible to do it...
  3. Windows 10 May update(1903) Dual Boot up issue

Windows 10 May update(1903) Dual Boot up issue: I am trying an In place upgrade from the windows 10 1803 version to the latest May update (1903) using the ISO file After the successful installation of the update, On the machine boot up it came up with the Dual boot screen, Both Os was windows 10, One of the them was my...
  4. Upgrade primary disk on dual boot system

Upgrade primary disk on dual boot system: Having this system Ryzen 2600X@3.8Ghz, ASUS PRIME B450-PLUS, 2x16GB GSkill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200, Sapphire Radeon HD7950 Dual-X w Boost 3GB, Kfa2 GTX 1070 EX 8GB, Crucial MX300 275GB (Windows 10Pro), Crucial MX500 500GB (Kubuntu 18.04 LTS), TOSHIBA DT01ACA300 3TB, Fractal...
  5. New install of win10 doesn't recognise older win7 drive for dual boot?

New install of win10 doesn't recognise older win7 drive for dual boot?: Hi Everyone. The time is closing in where Developers/programs like Adobe PS are phasing out older O/S for new versions. I have a great Win7 machine Asus p9x79pro with 32gb ram and 6 hard-drives. In the above event, I thought it would be a good idea to have both Win7 on one...
  6. Windows 7/ 10 Dual Boot On Two HDD's - Want To Move W10 To New SSD

Windows 7/ 10 Dual Boot On Two HDD's - Want To Move W10 To New SSD: Hi All I had a Windows 7 HDD and installed a new second HDD. Installed Windows 10 on the new HDD and a.... shall we say "bootloader" was automatically defined. starting up this PC I am given a W10 looking bootloader offering me Windows 7 or Windows 10. My question is... If...
  7. Windows 7/ 10 Dual Boot On Two HDD's - Want To Move W10 To New SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 7/ 10 Dual Boot On Two HDD's - Want To Move W10 To New SSD: Hi All I had a Windows 7 HDD and installed a new second HDD. Installed Windows 10 on the new HDD and a.... shall we say "bootloader" was automatically defined. starting up this PC I am given a W10 looking bootloader offering me Windows 7 or Windows 10. My question is... If...
  8. Dual boot Windows/Fedora problem

Dual boot Windows/Fedora problem: Hello, My computer was in dual boot Windows 10/Fedora and I wanted to replace Fedora with Ubuntu (by live USB). I made bad manipulations for this change which led to a Fedora that no longer worked. When I wanted to reinstall it, I put the root in the wrong place and nothing...
  9. Added SSD with dual boot Win & Linux. Help remove Win 7 from 2nd drive

Added SSD with dual boot Win & Linux. Help remove Win 7 from 2nd drive: My PC had a single drive running Win7. I disconnected it, added a SSD, then installed a Win10 and Linux dual boot. Now I want the Terabyte of space and files on the former single drive. My understand is if I power-up with 2 bootable Win drives, bad things can happen. I'm...
  10. Dual boot iMac with windows 10

Dual boot iMac with windows 10: hi. I purchased windows 10 about 18 months. I setup dual booting on my imac and this was good for a time. After some time I kinda wasnt using windows much so I deleted it in my partition. Now I want to download again, and where I download the iso image, it is only...