Windows 10: Dual Boot windows 10

Discus and support Dual Boot windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello after a lot of research i didnt find any solution to my problem. I wanted to make a second clean windows boot option to install some programms... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ALEXSTAYRIANIDIS, May 15, 2021.

1. Dual Boot windows 10

Hello after a lot of research i didnt find any solution to my problem. I wanted to make a second clean windows boot option to install some programms because i felt my old disk was getting overloaded.I downloaded easybcd 2.4 and made a boot menu for 2 windows, it all seemed to be working fine, i assigned the new disk as M: and the old one as it was C: after the first boot on the M: disk i could never find my old boot and after restart it would just log directly into my new M: disk. The new disk is now named C: and although i can find the old disk on the disk managment i cannot assign

:)

ALEXSTAYRIANIDIS, May 15, 2021
  2. topgundcp Win User

Dual Booting with Windows 8.1

The procedure below will allow you to boot Windows separately or in dual boot configuration.
    Here's what I recommend to do:
    1. Disconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    2. Install Windows 10 with one drive connected.
    3. After step 2, reconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    4. Boot up Windows 8.1. Open disk management and take a note of the drive letter of Windows 10 OS.
      NOTE: if you boot up Windows 10, then take a note of Windows 8.1 drive letter
    5. Open Admin command prompt and type: bcdboot X:\windows where X: is the drive letter of Windows 10 (Windows 8.1 if you boot from Windows 10 in step 4)
    6. Reboot the PC. You should have a dual boot screen.

NOTE: To break off the dual boot setting, Win+R->msconfig->boot and delete the none default entry on the list.

topgundcp, May 15, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 15, 2021
  4. Dual Boot windows 10

dual boot windows xp with uefi windows 10

Hi,

It definitely is possible to do a dual boot of Windows 10 with a older version of Windows. There are several steps involved to successfully achieve your objective. For us to resolve your concern, we suggest you follow the step by step process provided by
    Andre Da Costa in the article:
    How to dual boot Windows 10 and older versions of Windows

This covers installing different versions of Windows alongside Windows 10 in a dual boot environment. Take note though to backup any important files that you have before proceeding with any of the steps to prevent any data loss.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, May 15, 2021
Thema:

Dual Boot windows 10

1. Dual Boot windows 10 - Similar Threads - Dual Boot

2. how to fix dual boot partition?

in Windows 10 Support
    how to fix dual boot partition?: I have tried easyBCD to fix, bootrec rebuildbcd, nothing worked and I'm not sure whats going on. can't seem to find this issue on google as well. attached screenshot below: (before anyone says anything, windows 10 exhibits the same behavior and I am simply using this...
  3. Dual boot corrupts windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual boot corrupts windows: After i dual booted my computer with Windows 10 and Windows 7, every time I try to boot up to windows 10, it bluescreens and gives me the error "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO". When windows 7 was fresh, my windows 10 worked absolutely fine, but after i installed drivers for windows...
  4. Dual boot windows overwrote boot partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual boot windows overwrote boot partition: Hi so I have had a Windows 10 install on my PC for around 3 years and wanted to try the new Windows 10 insider builds and so I created a separate Windows 10 install on another drive in my PC so it doesn’t conflict with my main Windows 10 install however the new install has...
  5. Can't get past Windows 10 desktop, on dual boot.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't get past Windows 10 desktop, on dual boot.: I purchased a new HP Laptop in May, and installed a Windows 10/Ubuntu 20.04 dual-boot. Everything worked well until yesterday, when I found I could not access Windows 10. The GRUB menu works OK, and when I sign into Windows 10, the desktop comes up -but there is nothing on it...
  6. Restricting Network Access on Win10/Linux Dual Boot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restricting Network Access on Win10/Linux Dual Boot: Hello,I Am Ketan Mehta Owner Of Petromet Inc I have a PC with Windows 10 and Kubuntu Linux dual boot.The machine is connected to my DSL router via LAN cable. No Wifi hardware installed.I like Windows to have no internet connection at all. Linux should be able to connect...
  7. Cannot install Windows 7 as dual boot

Cannot install Windows 7 as dual boot: Rufus (v3.14-latest copy we find) apparently doesn't work with Windows 10, and the Microsoft iso download of Windows 7 is a French or Korean version. What other options are there for instatlling a dual boot Win 7 with Win 10? 180498
  8. Dual Booting Win 10 home

Dual Booting Win 10 home: Hi Im still a little confused. I would like to setup win 10 home I hope on 2 separate SSDs on 1 computer. There is an article here where some one wants to do the exact same thing. One drive for work and one for home. So it seems its possible. My question is do I have to buy a...
  9. Problem with Dual Boot

Problem with Dual Boot: I had installed Windows 10 and windows 7 on seperate partitions of a drive and the dual boot option was showing and working fine but now, i resized the partition Which failed in the process and now i don't see any windows 10 boot option at startup. My computer boots into...
  10. 'Page fault in nonpaged area' bluescreens after installing Debian dual boot on separate ssd's

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    'Page fault in nonpaged area' bluescreens after installing Debian dual boot on separate ssd's: I know it may be contentious that I'm trying to dual boot Linux, but I mean, isn't it the very meaning of technology to expand our options... So, as is in the title, since I installed Debian on a separate ssd, with its own EFI partition etc, I'm getting this bluescreen when...