Windows 10: Dual Boot Windows 7 and 10

Discus and support Dual Boot Windows 7 and 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have Windows 7 on my C: drive, I downloaded Windows 10 from Microsoft onto a USB connected SATA drive on my laptop. (drive F:) When I go to install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BillTanner1, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Dual Boot Windows 7 and 10

I have Windows 7 on my C: drive, I downloaded Windows 10 from Microsoft onto a USB connected SATA drive on my laptop. (drive FDual Boot Windows 7 and 10 :) When I go to install Windows 10 it does not ask me what drive I want to install it to. Will it automatically install to the F: drive since that is where the files are or will it go to my C: drive, losing my Windows 7 in the process. I want to be able to dual boot from C: or F:

:)

BillTanner1, Oct 2, 2018
  2. puma99dk| Win User
    puma99dk|, Oct 2, 2018
  3. Isha Soni Win User
    Windows 10 Dual boot with 7

Hello,

Thanks for showing your interest in Windows 10, I will certainly help you with this.

Yes, you may try dual boot on the Windows 7 computer.

Please refer the Microsoft help articles below for detailed information:

How to dual boot Windows 10 with previous
    versions of Windows

How to Upgrade a dual boot installation of
    Windows and Linux to Windows 10 - Part1

Important:

• I highly recommend backing up all of your important files and folders onto an external storage device before attempting any step in the given articles.
    • Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software can be solved. Using
      Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help you further.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Oct 2, 2018
  4. Dual Boot Windows 7 and 10

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

Dual Boot Windows 7 and 10

1. Dual Boot Windows 7 and 10 - Similar Threads - Dual Boot

2. MS tech can't fix my Win 11 problem - can I set up dual boot and will I have access to all...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS tech can't fix my Win 11 problem - can I set up dual boot and will I have access to all...: Problem - tiny text at top of screen and all popups.Spent over 7 hrs with 8 different MS Win 11 tech people and problem not solved.Would like to set up dual boot to Linux - if so, will I have access to all my files AND programs?If Linux solves the problem, can I then delete...
  3. MS tech can't fix my Win 11 problem - can I set up dual boot and will I have access to all...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS tech can't fix my Win 11 problem - can I set up dual boot and will I have access to all...: Problem - tiny text at top of screen and all popups.Spent over 7 hrs with 8 different MS Win 11 tech people and problem not solved.Would like to set up dual boot to Linux - if so, will I have access to all my files AND programs?If Linux solves the problem, can I then delete...
  4. Remove failed install dual boot kali linux with Windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove failed install dual boot kali linux with Windows11: I tried installing Kali Linux as dual boot, however there were several AMDGPU errors i could not fix, even in the recovery mode. I decided I will go for another linux as dual boot next to Windows 11 at a later stage. First I would like to remove that partition, including all...
  5. Remove failed install dual boot kali linux with Windows11

Remove failed install dual boot kali linux with Windows11: I tried installing Kali Linux as dual boot, however there were several AMDGPU errors i could not fix, even in the recovery mode. I decided I will go for another linux as dual boot next to Windows 11 at a later stage. First I would like to remove that partition, including all...
  6. Deleting windows 10 in dual boot and merge back partition

Deleting windows 10 in dual boot and merge back partition: Hello I need help. I have a HP laptop with 500 gb hard drive. So i created two partitions of that 500 gb hard drive with AOEMI partition assistant and both are GPT partitions. In the first partition C: i installed windows 11 and in the second one i installed Windows 10 which...
  7. Deleting windows 10 in dual boot and merge back partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting windows 10 in dual boot and merge back partition: Hello I need help. I have a HP laptop with 500 gb hard drive. So i created two partitions of that 500 gb hard drive with AOEMI partition assistant and both are GPT partitions. In the first partition C: i installed windows 11 and in the second one i installed Windows 10 which...
  8. Dual boot option not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual boot option not showing: Have Windows 7 and installed now istalled windows 10 on seperate drive but DUAL BOOT Option not showing help pleaseBoth drives show in BIOS and if changed in BIOS can boot to each OS But...I need option on start up of selecting the OS.Asus Mobo windows 7 on 500gb SSD and...
  9. Dual boot option not showing

Dual boot option not showing: Have Windows 7 and installed now istalled windows 10 on seperate drive but DUAL BOOT Option not showing help pleaseBoth drives show in BIOS and if changed in BIOS can boot to each OS But...I need option on start up of selecting the OS.Asus Mobo windows 7 on 500gb SSD and...
  10. Dual boot option not showing

in Windows 10 Customization